1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hobbstc

Hobbstc Well-Known Member

I have but the LB seems more outdoorsy if that makes sense. The NP seems more like the Dalton with a different sole.

2. mimogger

mimogger Member

Where do I inquire about these? I feel like I had convinced myself I wanted olive neumoks but...

3. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Distinguished Member

I was looking at Meermin's longwing too, although the plastic-y looking leather has made me hesitate. I actually really like AE's walnut color, but to be honest I have been very underwhelmed by their new longwing offerings (either shape, or lack of leather sole, etc). The Williams in walnut (i.e. the Ralph Lauren Sanderson) is like the perfect shoe for me, and I really wish I had been able to snag a pair of seconds of those during the sale last month.

4. NukeMeSlowly

NukeMeSlowly Senior Member

Low tech but effective - use a toothpick to (carefully) clean out the brogueing and other pockets of trapped polish.

5. mimogger

mimogger Member

Hey, who do you contact about this and who sends out these e-mails? Man, I think I had just convinced myself i wanted green neumoks over blue but now...

6. PerCC

PerCC Active Member

Do you, or anyone else, know how the Patriots fit? I'm an 8.5E in the 5 last, and could definitely use a pair of brown or burgundy loafers. At $179 for a pair of cordovan loafers, I'd be all over them as long as I could make a 9D work.

7. spitshine123

spitshine123 Senior Member

From what I remember, they fit larger in the toe vs the Park aves (those were the calf version that I tried on).. Can't speak directly to Cordovan Patriots

8. otc

otc Stylish Dinosaur

Tried on my 2/250 players shoes.

Obviously, I haven't worn them in yet, but I think I like the 2 last. It's a shame they don't make anything else interesting on the 2

9. donjuan17

donjuan17 Distinguished Member

I went through the same doubt for like... 2 seconds.
    I'm an 8.5D in the 5 last but at $179 bucks it's worth the try. I'd say go for it!

10. PerCC

PerCC Active Member

I'll be giving them a call tomorrow. Some questions:

1. Should I call the Shoebank or an outlet location? My local outlet is the Charleston store, as I like dealing with Stewart and Jay. But it seems like some stores/associates will not honor the deal?

2. What colors are there to choose from? I need a brown loafer, but burgundy would work as well.

11. spitshine123

spitshine123 Senior Member

All the outlets should have access to the same inventory, if I'm not mistaken. Theres been a few occasions where my sales associate has found shoes for me at another outlet and shipped them to me from the second location. The lists they send out also seem to be the same, so I suspect they access the same inventory.

12. donjuan17

donjuan17 Distinguished Member

I don't think this is the case as some here have mentioned that some SA have no idea about this promo.

Your best bet would be calling the Shoe Bank tomorrow and asking for Nate. He'll honor the deal.
    He mentioned a handful of pairs left in Brown, Burgundy, and Black. But if you're getting CordovanI think Burgundy is your best bet from what i've heard.

The number is (262) 284-7158

13. masernaut

masernaut Senior Member

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013

14. mattnv

mattnv Member

A little off topic however I am an EA lover from the great white north (aka Canada) and was wondering if there are any fellow Canadians that order directly from the shoebank or ae.com? I have only ever bought when I am in the states but have been very tempted to order from the shoebank/online. I was hoping someone Can give me their two cents!

15. JermynStreet

JermynStreet Senior Member

Nate helped me, also. I got 2 pairs of Patriots in Shell (9D) in black and burgundy. Nate is the man. After I receive and inspect them I am going to write a very nice letter on Nate's behalf to AE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.