• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rene_Lahm

Reaction score

No problem. Cordovan care, although much discussed, seems a little overdone on these boards. Some regular brushing (60-90 seconds per shoe) and buffing goes a long way in keeping them looking good. You should be fine right out of the box for a dozen or more wearings just doing that, and only using some paste wax or conditioner for touch ups. Enjoy!

As I'm awaiting my pair of daltons, i'm trying to make sure i'm equipped to take care of them well. I was just wondering if you brush and buff your shoes every other wear without applying any cream or conditioner? You just mentioned that you should condition and wax every 15 wears, which I already do.

jimney

Reaction score
So... the new flannel webgems. Is the Anchorage a model anyone has seen before? It only appears to be available in the flannel, but I like the overall shape of it. I'm not sure if it is just a flannel modification of a different model, or something totally new.

zchen

Reaction score
So... the new flannel webgems. Is the Anchorage a model anyone has seen before? It only appears to be available in the flannel, but I like the overall shape of it. I'm not sure if it is just a flannel modification of a different model, or something totally new.

Looks like based on Regent Street?

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Burgundy shell MacNeils arrived today from the shoebank. Look nearly perfect but are too small! I tried on the same size in leather at a local store and they fit perfectly, but not so with the pair that arrived. Too bad, so sad. 

What size are you?

theinternet

Reaction score
After the heal started separating from the sole of my 1 day old first pair of Cronmoks, AE was nice enough to exchange them on the spot. Now I've gone back and looked at my year old Strands, and the SAME THING is happening! Is this a warranty/replacement situation, or am I SOL now that this pair is a year old?

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

After the heal started separating from the sole of my 1 day old first pair of Cronmoks, AE was nice enough to exchange them on the spot. Now I've gone back and looked at my year old Strands, and the SAME THING is happening! Is this a warranty/replacement situation, or am I SOL now that this pair is a year old?

There was an issue that AE acknowledges they had with a production run a short while back. I'd call or email and see what they say. But don't worry too much - it's something easily fixed by a cobbler, and it won't affect the longevity of the shoe.

atoms

Reaction score
I just called AE to send some Cronmoks back for repair myself. Here's a photo of the problem with mine. They emailed me a UPS label so I can ship them back tomorrow. Pretty good service so far and the first time I've had to call them. It's nice to know that when something goes wrong service is good. Stuff happens.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was so pleased with my last AE cordovan order, that i placed an order for the Dundee in truffle (same as cappuccino if i am not mistaken) with a poron insole and natural sole.

Damn, now i understand what all the cordovan chaps are going on about... :embar:

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brand new Allen Edmonds Clifton in burgundy with Pantherella 100% cotton OTC navy pindot socks. What a combo!! I just need to polish the shoes up though.

Last edited:

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was so pleased with my last AE cordovan order, that i placed an order for the Dundee in truffle (same as cappuccino if i am not mistaken) with a poron insole and natural sole.
Damn, now i understand what all the cordovan chaps are going on about...
shog[1].gif

Dundee in truffle is one of their best make-ups. Great choice!

dancingbear

Reaction score
Damn, now i understand what all the cordovan chaps are going on about...
shog[1].gif

Sounds like a great choice. Congrats. Were these subject to the $100 custom charge on top of the standard shell price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads