• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesBill

Reaction score
I wear the same size in Leeds as I do in Alden Barrie.
Do most people here find they wear the same size across the AE line? The salesman at AE retail store told me they use the 5 last to size people which I found a little weird.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do most people here find they wear the same size across the AE line?  The salesman at AE retail store told me they use the 5 last to size people which I found a little weird. 

I think it is the most commonly purchased last and thus most familiar, not because it is the most 'standard' of their lasts.

blukoi

Reaction score
The only pair of AE's that I think may be larger than the rest I have is a pair of Bruce. Which is okay, because they have
a very thick leather sole, and don't flex as much... this allows for a heavier sock.

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been out of the loop for awhile (including being out of the country for 10 days). However, a few weeks ago I asked Allen Edmonds to bring in some 11B Neumoras for me to try. They called a week later saying they're being recalled. Fast forward a few weeks, I got an email saying they have them in for me. Are these "new" with the problems fixed? What's the verdict on the shoes? Do people like em? No problems?

sambb

Reaction score
shoe bank question - I ordered the list of shoes via email in my size. How do I actually order the shoes? Do I call, or can they be oredered online?

I see mixed reviews of seconds here. Are there any general rule of thumb? IS there some 2 for $200 sale going on?

Thanks

halgrind

Reaction score
Call or email your order. 2 for $200 is long over, and they only seem to have those every 6 months. Seconds are hit or miss, there are a lot of reasons they decide they can't sell a shoe retail. You can get anything from a first quality shoe that was a store return to something horribly disfigured, though most often they seem to have only slight imperfections.

Last edited:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

shoe bank question - I ordered the list of shoes via email in my size.  How do I actually order the shoes?  Do I call, or can they be oredered online?

I see mixed reviews of seconds here.  Are there any general rule of thumb?  IS there some 2 for $200 sale going on?

Thanks

Answered in order:

Call the shoe bank to order shoes based on email received.
No, cannot buy seconds online.
Always check all shoes you buy, meticulously, for flaws or discomfort.
No, 2 for $200 sale ended weeks ago.

Last edited:

Essential

Reaction score
Answered in order:
Call the shoe bank to order shoes based on email received.
No, cannot buy seconds online.
Always check all shoes you buy, meticulously, for flaws or discomfort.
No, 2 for $200 sale ended weeks ago.
You can buy seconds online. You just email them your credit card information. I know from personal experience.

How to get on the seconds list please?

[email protected], make sure that you state your shoe size and width.

Last edited:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You can buy seconds online. You just email them your credit card information. I know from personal experience.

I suspected he ment through the AE website, but you are correct, through email correspondence numbers and shoes can be exchanged...

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do the park avenues fit compared to Strand? They are on the same last and I'm a 10.5 EEE in the Strand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads