• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do the park avenues fit compared to Strand? They are on the same last and I'm a 10.5 EEE in the Strand.

I wear the same size in both. I find, however, that my PA's seem a little bigger than my Strands, though. Not enough to wear a different size, but noticeable in that my Strands fit more snug.

elbastardocalvo

Reaction score
Wearing my saddle brown sohos today. Love these shoes, and I really wish AE would bring them back.

I also sent my brown chromexcel bayfields in for recrafting with a butyl leather sole, instead of the commando sole. Will post pictures when I get them back.

Last edited:

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wearing my saddle brown sohos today.  Love these shoes, and I really wish AE would bring them back.

I also sent my brown chromexcel bayfields in for recrafting with a butyl leather sole, instead of the commando sole.  Will post pictures when I get them back.

Those look great. I especially like the proportions of the toe cap. Much better than the current Fifth Avenue, IMO. Great color, too.

DJTraveler

Reaction score
Wearing my saddle brown sohos today. Love these shoes, and I really wish AE would bring them back.

I also sent my brown chromexcel bayfields in for recrafting with a butyl leather sole, instead of the commando sole. Will post pictures when I get them back.

My saddle brown Soho's are probably my favorite pair in my collection as well. I wish AE brought back the Soho, Evanston, and Manhattan!

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My saddle brown Soho's are probably my favorite pair in my collection as well.  I wish AE brought back the Soho, Evanston, and Manhattan!

I also liked the 00 last. The chiseled toe was a nice change from their rounded toe lasts.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look great. I especially like the proportions of the toe cap. Much better than the current Fifth Avenue, IMO. Great color, too.

Unfortunately I started getting into AE after these models were removed from the lineup. I hope they bring them back... the sohos are stunning.

I also liked the 00 last. The chiseled toe was a nice change from their rounded toe lasts.

Agree on all points. The Evanston and the Soho are exactly what I am looking for.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Keep in mind that I wear a 14 EEE, so they're quite a bit longer than more "normal" sizes.

Hm.. The proportions of the cap look better than on the Park Avenue, though (think I said Fifth Avenue in my previous post). The Park Avenue toe cap looks too small to me. How do you think your Sohos look in comparison?:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hm.. The proportions of the cap look better than on the Park Avenue, though (think I said Fifth Avenue in my previous post). The Park Avenue toe cap looks too small to me. How do you think your Sohos look in comparison?:

I have Park Avenues and have given this issue much more thought than it deserves. The problem Park Avenues have (and 5th Avenues are even worse) is the close proximity of the line to the toe and the round blobbiness of the sole/welt. I've compared my Strands with my Park Avenues extensively to figure out why I find the Strand so much more appealing in its silhouette and these two factors are what I keep coming up with. Look how the welt/sole of the PA is rounder and blobbier than the upper's sleeker shape and, as a result, extends beyond and drowns out the upper's sleeker shape. Strands do not have this issue as the upper and welt/sole are much more harmonious. The Soho's posted above also avoid this problem.

mekato1

Reaction score
Unfortunately I started getting into AE after these models were removed from the lineup. I hope they bring them back... the sohos are stunning.

I heard you. I missed the AE bandwagon by 2-3yrs :( It seems the #3 last to be the closet to #0 last shape wise.

elbastardocalvo

Reaction score

I have the black Park Avenues as well, and, while I like them, I much preferred the shape of the toe cap of the soho's. I also like the slightly notched toe. With the Soho, although the toe cap is longer, it still creases in the appropriate place (before the toe cap), at least on my feet.

I have never seen the Soho and black, but if they were available, I would strongly consider buying one due to the shape of the toe alone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads