• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker Man

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hello gents. Been wearing my Fifth Streets for about a week now and notice there is a crease on the inside arch area of the boot. Is this normal? I am afraid this might be a symptom of being too tight.

Shoes are too wide. You need a narrower width and a longer length. This is what you get when you take advice from SF noobs on how to fit a shoe. Sure, just go down in size and buy a triple E
lol8[1].gif

GrensonMan

Reaction score
Shoes are too wide. You need a narrower width and a longer length. This is what you get when you take advice from SF noobs on how to fit a shoe. Sure, just go down in size and buy a triple E
lol8%5B1%5D.gif

I was measured at Nordstrom, but perhaps therein lies the problem. The width is a B, and I could not comfortably go any narrower.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was measured at Nordstrom, but perhaps therein lies the problem. The width is a B, and I could not comfortably go any narrower.
The problem I have with Nordstroms is the store doesn't always have that many different sizes within my range on hand that I can try. However I can usually order a couple of different sizes and take back the ones that don't work.

I know your shoes have been worn but if I were you I would at least try to go back to the store and see what they will do for you. Nordstroms generally is willling to work with and standby their customers.

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

alright thanks dudes, here's the final list i have of Allen Edmonds shoes on the 8 last, posted for posterity's sake:
current models
Delray (split toe blucher)
Lasalle (split toe blucher)
Vernon (brogued bal)
Nathan (punched captoe bal) (JAB)
Clifton (punched captoe blucher) (Nordstrom)
former
Hale (brogued bal)
McClain (shortwing bal)
Thayer (single monk)
Ashton (split toe blucher)
Hinsdale (shortwing blucher)
Mora (double monk)
Weybridge (brogued blucher)
Niles (plain captoe bal)
Westgate (wholecut)
Quinton (rubber soled wingtip bal)

I strapped on my Winhalls this morning and noticed they are also on the 8 last - so one more for the list.

Chris

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ive been doing straight bar lacing which I think is causing my strands to be too loose...would straight european help tighten them up a bit?

bestak

Reaction score
Hello

During july i bought here in France my 2nd pair of Allen Edmonds shoes: The Player Shoes Sand Suede, these ones are in US size 8E i have 41.5 french size and the US8 fits well. I choose E because there is not really the choice, it was E or E The avaliability of AE shoes here is very limited

This kind of shoes are not common here, last week wearing these shoes during a short walk in Paris, i received compliments from a guy in the street who wants positively knowing where they comes from to buy a pair !

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wow the Gramercy is beautiful - but no returns and no more pictures than the one... just kind of hesitant. 

100% agree. Times like these I'm glad to be an AA width; otherwise I don't know if I could resist temptation. Longwings sure are nice...

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
100% agree. Times like these I'm glad to be an AA width; otherwise I don't know if I could resist temptation. Longwings sure are nice...

Haha! But truly beautiful. Looks like a wonderful color and I've been eyeing and wanting a pair of longwings for a while. Great price... my god I wish I was an AA width!

evolved

Reaction score
So, will the Grammercy and Amsterdam become available through the AE site in the spring when those colors are supposed to be released?

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads