Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

Very nicely done, I really like those. Once again the AE website didn't do them justice when they were available.

I also agree that #8 shell is versatile and allows even more variety. I do like my walnut shoes and boots a lot, however it is more restrictive in what it can be paired with. As you pointed out the dark brown boots and chocolate Daltons would be very similar. Once you have a few other colors covered most certainly go for the chocolates though!

Outstanding. Do you have flankers of black and burgundy shell Dalton's on order? [​IMG]

2. spitshine123

spitshine123 Senior member

Stopped by the store this morning to try on the Daltons, but I was smitten by the new Hamptons and Regent Street. The contrasting Grain/Smooth leather is great looking and has a very English/premium feel to it (looks much, much better than the website). As for the Regent Street in Chili- they will be my next shoes. I've always wanted a pair of MacNeils but the 7 last doesnt fit me well because of the clipped toe- my pinky toe would not have enough room in the 7 last. The 4 last which the Regent Street is very similar, but it seems to have a little bit of a smaller heel, and the toe is a little bit more square, allowing more space for my toes. If your experience with the MacNeils are similar to mine, the 4 last will be an EXCELLENT fit for you! Sorry in advance for the blurry Hamptons pic- you don't see the fine contrasting details here, but it gives you a good idea of the shape and feel.

[​IMG]

Edit: Amazon is offering a $50 discount for certain new styles, the Regent Street is included. A good chance to jump on first qualities for seconds prices

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  3. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

I contacted the Shoe Bank in regards to a pair of Park Avenues. They gave a quote of $258 without shipping. When is the best time to order seconds? And how low will the price go on these?

4. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior member

Before you do that, i would consider getting a pair during their big sale in september... If you do not have any near you, call up the Boston store on Newbury St. I am sure they could sell you a pair at the discount then ship them. Doesn't hurt to call them and just check and see...

5. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Thanks, when is the sale?

6. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior member

soon, in the next week or so, and IIRC it goes on for several weeks

7. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

I wear a 10.5 D Strand, what size should I go for on the Dalton?

8. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior member

Same size.... they fit perfect on me and i'm a 9.5D in both the strand and the dalton

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  9. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Thanks, what is the sale like? ie. 20% off?

10. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

Thanks! :)

11. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

I was just in touch with the shoe bank about seconds, and they said 15% off those seconds. That's all I can tell you - somebody else may know more (i.e. whether they have a different price for other models than the one I was looking at or a different discount for 1st quality)

12. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior member

sale is between 15-20% off, however most models will be 15%... i would assume the ones with 20% off are their summer shoes that they are trying to get rid of, or the ugly ones lol....

13. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Thanks for sharing the pic; shows the color of the boots very accurately. I have the walnut shell Daltons and have just ordered them in the #8/burgundy. Even after getting the walnut shell Daltons, I'm still very attracted to the walnut calf version just because of the color (I guess it's got more yellow/red/orange in it and it's more burnished).

So my question is what was your rationale for getting both the walnut shell and walnut calf versions? Hopefully it'll be a good sounding rationale that I can use when my wife asks me why I've bought another pair of boots that looks identical to one I already have.

14. GrensonMan

GrensonMan Senior member

Hello gents. Been wearing my Fifth Streets for about a week now and notice there is a crease on the inside arch area of the boot. Is this normal? I am afraid this might be a symptom of being too tight.

[​IMG]

15. mexicutioner

mexicutioner Senior member

either that or it's a symptom of your shoes trying to exact revenge on you for your questionable choice of username... :nodding:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.