1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

Guys what do you thinks the new Kings Point

2. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

Unfortunately they only make the Sanford in walnut and black. The walnut is a beautiful shoe though!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  3. 0ShinAkuma0

0ShinAkuma0 Active Member

Personally, I think it's a mess, too much going on. That's just me though, I'd also like to read other thoughts on it.

4. MoneyWellSpent

I think they would have been more interesting if they didn't have the strap/buckle. As they are, they definitely aren't for me.

5. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

I am also in the camp of "nice boot without the strap".

Chris

6. evolved

evolved Senior member

I'm not a fan of the looks with or without the strap. I wasn't a fan of the Cronmok, either, though.

7. halgrind

halgrind Member

Anyone have any experience with the Feisole's fit? It's not made from a standard last. Anyone see them in person? Can't find any pics and it's hard for me to judge just based on AE's picture. Can't decide. Great price though, 50% off.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  8. delmar

delmar Senior member

It needs to be louder with more brogueing and maybe a shawl and tassels and lose the laces and make it like an Ashbury with a cinch strap. More cowbell.

I like it and might get a pair if the price is right--if I spot a returned /seconds pair at an outlet sometime down the road. I do like the pebbled look and the color of the leather.

9. horsey shoes

horsey shoes Senior member

I have been looking at these for a few days now and still can't fall in love.
    As others have said, I think there is just too much going on with the boot... kind of like it can't decide what it wants to be when it grows up.
    I think ordering is open until 12/31 on this, so will give it more time to see if it becomes a match. But for now, probably a "pass" for me.

10. archangle13

archangle13 Senior member

How about polishing black Jeffersons?

Will Meltonian suffice?

11. kpag

kpag Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I know all of this has probably been discussed ad nauseum on here, but can anyone give me some pointers on caring for the cognac McTavish? What color edge dressing should I apply? Also, what products do people use for the upper? I know what AE says, but I'm wondering if I can get some better advice here. Thanks!

12. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

[​IMG]

13. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Senior member

Yeah, if you do overshoes, then you likely don't need another rubber soled option.

Nice combo.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  14. dancingbear

dancingbear Senior member

Has anyone ever had the Allen Edmonds retail store stretch a loafer before? The Patriots are really tight across the vamp for me and they want to try stretching them out. I have never had a shoe stretched before. Any thoughts?

15. MoneyWellSpent

Is it too late to return them? Have you exhausted all size combinations to make sure there isn't a better fitting size? If you are stuck with a pair that you can't return and you consider them to be un-wearable without stretching, then go for it. Otherwise, I would be afraid of causing permanent distortion to the shoe, which is a bit of a gamble since it still may not be quite what you are looking for.

16. dancingbear

dancingbear Senior member

I haven't worn them outside so I could return them. But I do have a size problem. I am a 14/15 with a narrow heel. I cannot find a quality loafer that fits me well. I get heel slippage on most AE loafers. I really would like a shell loafer and am thinking that a 15 calf stretched might be close to the sizing on a shell Patriot. A bit of an experiment.

17. MoneyWellSpent

Gotcha. Any chance that the AE store is willing to take the blame if the shoe still doesn't fit properly? If not that may be an expensive experiment.

18. 0ShinAkuma0

0ShinAkuma0 Active Member

I need some help, I'm looking for a pair of boots that is like ones in the below picture
    Burgundy (or dark brown, I can't really tell), sleek, lace up, captoe or plaintoe (no chukkas). AE unfortunately doesn't offer this.
    So if possible, could you suggest me something like this boot? Thanks!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  19. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

I've read a couple of reviews complaining that the heels on Park Avenues have a tendency to fall off. I think this is happening to mine. Not quite sure what I should do about it. Wait for it to become even more undone then take it to a cobbler? Take it to a cobbler now (and with both, how good does the cobbler need to be)? Pull it off (is that even possible) and reattach it with some special shoe glue?

Beyond the basic shoe care, I know nothing of shoes. I posted here instead of the shoe care thread because I figured you guys have more experience with AE's.

[​IMG]

20. MoneyWellSpent

Hard to tell since the picture won't get any bigger and there isn't any detail, but they look like they could be a Color #8 plain-toe or cap-toe boot offered by Alden to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.