Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimney

jimney Senior member

The SA at the shoe bank told me it would be 15% off firsts. Seconds are 20% off, so still slightly cheaper.

2. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

Yes, but they are prob 50% more.

3. dieselman89

Did you pay extra for the shoe horn? Also, are you supposed to keep Double Monks buckled when your not wearing them? Or did you just do that for the picture?

4. Cedric

Cedric Senior member

^^^ no!
    In fact i keep the top buckle unbuckled when i sit for long period of times.
    I keep it unbuckled for easy access in and out.

5. horsey shoes

horsey shoes Senior member

Both of the calf Daltons I have fit the same as the shell Daltons; all three 8.5D. You can feel the difference in the leather, but as far as sizing goes, they are fit well.

The 5th Street come up lower on the ankle than the Daltons. Not really an issue, just an observation from wearing them today. I did go with an 8E on the 5th Street (my 5 last sizing) as opposed to the 8.5D in the Daltons. More of an availability thing than something very specific to sizing.

AE is the real American Hero for making such a great all American product. The shoes/boots definitely do all the work!

No black or burgundy Daltons on order, just the 5th Street black and burgundy shells... Ordering the Daltons may keep me permanently in the dog house with the wife.

8E Strand and 8.5D Dalton here... length and width are almost the same and any length issues with the 8.5 is probably masked by the fact that the boot laces up the ankle and keeps the foot back in the heal.

The color variation between the walnut shell and the walnut calf was a major reason for me purchasing both versions. You are correct that the walnut calf are definitely brighter in hue and do pop more when paired with dark jeans than the walnut shell.
    Neither of these reasons was very persuasive with my wife, but hopefully they may be with yours.

6. dieselman89

Good idea! I just realized that my buckles have left a small indent after wearing the shoes for a while. I loosened them up half way through the day.

My Neumora's are starting to crease through the cap toe. I've always been told the crease should be before the cap toe. This seems to be an issue with Neumora's. I've read that on several sites. It's a long cap so it's problematic.

7. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

You should be able to get first quality shoes from user allaboutshoes for less than that. I don't know if he takes returns though, so you have to know your size going in.

8. GrensonMan

GrensonMan Senior member

Come on, the Rose Collection had great quality! [​IMG]

9. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Senior member

My Park Avenues and Strands have the same thing, but I've found it to be a cosmetic issue since the fit is near perfect on both shoes.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012

10. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

The AE website photos are horrible. I emailed customer feedback regarding this issue. customerfeedback@allenedmonds.com

If you feel the same way, please email AE and tell them to you want to see better photos on the website.

11. jimney

jimney Senior member

Just emailed them, hopefully we can get this taken care of. It is hard to shop online when everything looks so... bad.

12. GrensonMan

GrensonMan Senior member

Well if that's the case then I will wear them without worry. I wonder if this is due to the last being pretty narrow? I am not too familiar with the Park Avenues and Strands width so my theory may be junk.

13. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Thank you. The web photos are really bad. It's ridiculous.

14. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Well done! I love the walnut MacNeils with jeans. I regret not keeping the pair I had a while back now...

15. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

I totally agree with you about the Hamptons. It really looks great in person. Kind of has an "old school" feel to it - not sure how to describe it; maybe more of an "American" vs. "European" design. And the contrast in leathers is done very nicely. If I can get comfortable with how I'd wear it, I might pick them up.

I'm personally not as a big a fan of the Regent. The last looks OK - supposedly it fits great. But the vamp just has too much of a rounded look to me.. Maybe it's also having 4 eyelets vs. the MaNeil's 5. Having said that, sounds like the Regent is going to be a very popular shoe, judging by how many people here like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.