• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoungSweet

Reaction score

Hey all - 

I have a sizing question, I'm a 11.5B on the 6 last (Park Ave) and I tried going for the 11Bs for the Fifth Street Boot but I think they are too tight. The Shoebank doesn't have 11.5Bs but would I be okay with 10.5Ds? 

Would appreciate any clarity on the subject! 

Paul 

I don't think that will work for you. 11d would be closer to what you're looking for.

AdamAdam

Reaction score
Just to confirm, there is no risk to buy seconds from shoebank right? If you order the wrong size, or don't like the defects, AE will fully refund you including return shipping?

They do charge a $10 restocking fee

I was just on the phone five minutes ago ordering a pair from the shoe bank (the Wisconsin customer center number) and asked this question. She said a free return label would be issued and I specifically asked about restocking fees, etc. and she said there were none.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm trying to decide if I would still want them if they were not the rare unicorn of shell boots. I see myself getting more wear out of something in burgundy or dark brown for work and suspect the walnut shell would primarily get worn with jeans.

kentyman

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide if I would still want them if they were not the rare unicorn of shell boots. I see myself getting more wear out of something in burgundy or dark brown for work and suspect the walnut shell would primarily get worn with jeans.

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear mine all the time with non-jeans.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just bought the graysons. Hope they fit. Either way, 200 is cheaper than any calf . Think Manton said Burgundy shell loafer was one of his 6 staple shoes

Last edited:

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't need them, not sure how to wear them but got myself some shell Grayson, damn you SFers
Congrats!
smile.gif
When I picked up the Manchester tassel loafer I had the same thought, it was the only loafer at the time that fit my foot without heel slippage. It didn't take long to figure how and when to wear them and I find myself reaching for them often in the summer.

I do agree that burgundy and dark brown work better than walnut in matching much of what I wear to work. However the "cure" for that is more pants in lighter colors, which I have done. I have never worn any of my 3 walnut shell with jeans but guess I certainly could.

We are all here to help enable you....

Family comes first, period. And only you know if it is in your budget. The only downside I can think of depends on your age. Sometimes men in their early 40's or so experience changes in the shoe size of their feet. I went from a 9.5B in my 30's to a solid 10D now. But it doesn't happen to everyone.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats!
smile.gif
When I picked up the Manchester tassel loafer I had the same thought, it was the only loafer at the time that fit my foot without heel slippage. It didn't take long to figure how and when to wear them and I find myself reaching for them often in the summer.

I do agree that burgundy and dark brown work better than walnut in matching much of what I wear to work. However the "cure" for that is more pants in lighter colors, which I have done. I have never worn any of my 3 walnut shell with jeans but guess I certainly could.

We are all here to help enable you....

Family comes first, period. And only you know if it is in your budget. The only downside I can think of depends on your age. Sometimes men in their early 40's or so experience changes in the shoe size of their feet. I went from a 9.5B in my 30's to a solid 10D now. But it doesn't happen to everyone.

Thanks, Cold Iron. I'm finding myself inevitably closer to saying yes on the boots. As an aside, I've already gone through "the change" and, fortunately, it did not affect me too severely. The biggest casualty is a pair of 8 last AE's that no longer fit and need to be sold. Other than that, I've simply moved to thinner socks and added a tongue pad to deal with the fallen arches and wider feet.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

I'm trying to decide if I would still want them if they were not the rare unicorn of shell boots.  I see myself getting more wear out of something in burgundy or dark brown for work and suspect the walnut shell would primarily get worn with jeans.

I think Walnut shell is a pretty versatile color. Mine (MTO Kenilworth) seems to be a little darker than walnut calfskin, and I wear them with a number of different colored chinos. The bigger question is whether or not the Dalton fit you well.

rodaman

Reaction score
I'd guess never. It was 2 for $200 on closeouts, not seconds, but the last time (or two?) it was 2 for $250. With the latest price increases who knows what it will be, but I would guess the 2 for $200 days are gone.
Actually that's what I meant(2 for $250). When I took advantage of the previous sale, the salesperson said the next one would be in Aug/Sept range. Just wondering if anyone's heard anything.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone snagged an 8D burgundy cordovan Kenwood during the closeout seconds sale and wants to to part with them, please let me know. That shoe is the perfect loafer fit on me.

Very tempted by $67 Amoks right now, gotta call and see if they will do free shipping to Canada. I'm not trying to pay $45 shipping on top.

Last edited:

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If anyone snagged an 8D burgundy cordovan Kenwood during the closeout seconds sale and wants to to part with them, please let me know. That shoe is the perfect loafer fit on me.

Very tempted by $67 Amoks right now, gotta call and see if they will do free shipping to Canada. I'm not trying to pay $45 shipping on top.  

Plus duty. Let me know how it works out for you but I had strands sent to me that were seconds and I got charged $40 for shipping plus another lovely fed ex bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics