• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks New Shoes for the shell fit explanation, and thanks Cbtaylor for the sales info.
Last time a company had so many sales all of a sudden there was something soing on with the organization. Hope all is well with the company. Not that I mind the sales at all....
There were talks of a sale of AE a little while back, but I can't imagine that's resulting in the sale on seconds. I haven't seen sales on first qualities on a more frequent basis that normal so maybe they are just clearing seconds inventory.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems to me like someone did an inventory analysis and figured it would be cheaper to unload them than to hold all that cash in inventory.

That someone deserves a promotion!
nod[1].gif

And, if he/she later decides that they need to increase their inventory of 12D's in shell, then I think we've found Paul's eventual successor.

Jon Cheddar

Reaction score
Thanks New Shoes for the shell fit explanation, and thanks Cbtaylor for the sales info.
Last time a company had so many sales all of a sudden there was something soing on with the organization. Hope all is well with the company. Not that I mind the sales at all..

Seconds sales are pretty frequent IMO. The Labor Day and Rediscover America sales are annual occurences, so I think it's business as usual. With volume growth, there probably is (at least) a proportional increase in seconds quantity. Makes sense to unload that inventory to make room for the busy fall season and the new fall styles.

I doubt they're being positioned to be sold...Goldner Hawn is pretty conservative and AE is presumably churning out the profits. They may look to cash out in IPO at some point, but I hope not.

cbtaylor

Reaction score
It is my understanding that the ownership was not looking to sell, they were looking for new investors so they could continue to expand. They are wanting to open new stores and open new production lines.

mdavis534

Reaction score
Got my shell macneils in the mail today. Here is a pic. Main issue is that the right shoe laces are misaligned. What do you guys think.
hr3JTIS

NYCxGbS

spitshine123

Reaction score
It is my understanding that the ownership was not looking to sell, they were looking for new investors so they could continue to expand. They are wanting to open new stores and open new production lines.

Interesting. With all the AE fans on this thread we could probably purchase a tiny minority share
rotflmao.gif
. Imagine us having the opportunity to give thread-sourced input to AE's ops! (probably would result in massive losses)

evolutionofRW

Reaction score

Just getting around to posting my pickups from the A.E Labor Day sale..I'm new to the thread also, so hello everyone!

From left to right top to bottom..

1) Ralph Lauren Singleton brown calf loafer

2) Ralph Lauren Singleton brown suede loafer

3) Ralph Lauren Slaton black calf cap toes

4) Ralph Lauren Saunders tan calf chukkas

5) Ralph Lauren Sanderson snuff suede long wings

6) Allen Edmonds for Brooks Brothers chili calf long wings

I can’t wait to start wearing these bad boys..

Last edited:

spitshine123

Reaction score

Just getting around to posting my pickups from the A.E Labor Day sale..I'm new to the thread also, so hello everyone!

From left to right top to bottom..

1) Ralph Lauren Singleton brown calf loafer

2) Ralph Lauren Singleton brown suede loafer

3) Ralph Lauren Slaton black calf cap toes

4) Ralph Lauren Saunders tan calf chukkas

5) Ralph Lauren Sanderson snuff suede long wings

6) Allen Edmonds for Brooks Brothers chili calf long wings

I can’t wait to start wearing these bad boys..
Wow- congrats on the haul. I'm really digging the suede models and the BB Macneils. Great choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads