Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

After I put my trees in I lace them back up, but not too tightly.

2. eztantz

eztantz Senior member

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  3. Close Hoarse

Close Hoarse Senior member

All the more reason to get a pair of the Broadstreets in Walnut and Bone too. You can wear the same accessories with both. Spectators get noticed and remembered. Hence, once-a-month is plenty of wear. Like owning an exotic car, one doesn't use it as a daily driver.
    CH

4. SBear

SBear Senior member

My new Portland boots should be on my doorstep when I get home. Having learned from this thread that there will be 15% off all shoes/boots in a few weeks, I contacted AE and asked if they would do anything. Of course they will - they'll credit the difference back as soon as the sale starts. There are so many posts about the great customer service from AE but this is my first need to test it as I am new to AE (my first three pairs of AE all in the past month). Not only was it a quality response but it was so easy and hassle-free...loving AE.

5. tietherope

tietherope Senior member

I just received my snuff suede Neumoks from the Nordstrom anniversary sale. Thanks David for the contact!

Anyway, I can't believe how comfortable the shoe is. They are more comfortable than my slippers! It was worth the wait.

6. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Senior member

Is there any interest in a pair of burgundy calf Sanfords, size 12D? Lots of life left, they just don't fit my feet as well as some of my other AE models. Thought I would ask here before moving to the B&S.

7. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

Daltons seconds came in today. A few scratches but for $299 that's an easy keep. The top has a scratch or indent, but will likely be less noticeable with a few wears. First and certainly not my last pair of shells. This could be dangerous.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. MrWN

MrWN Well-Known Member

Hey everyone.

I am thinking of getting some toe plates for my shoes and then something else came to mind.

I thought about using those "military" grade screen protectors on the sole of the shoes -- covering areas that take the most wear.

The screen protectors appear to be indestructible (from all those keys and knives in those demonstration videos).

The ones I am thinking about use water to apply onto phone screens... So, I am wondering what kind of adhesive I should use...

Has anyone seen or tried this?

9. rc121

rc121 Senior member

I'm not sure that sounds like such a good (safe) idea. You're referring to the smooth pieces of film that allow your fingers to glide effortlessly across your smart phone screen and want to put them on the part of your shoe that is clearly needed for traction. You'd have a lot of issues walking on smooth surfaces, I couldn't even imagine walking in the rain.

10. mdavis534

mdavis534 Senior member

[​IMG]

I tried to post pics from my phone earlier. But here are pics of shell Macneil's I received today. the main thing I notice is that the laces dont line up exactly on the right shoe. Also the toe of the left shoe seems rounder than that of the right. I am keeping them though, as for the price they are still pretty nice. What do you guys think.

11. drbhrb

drbhrb Well-Known Member

Cordovan norwiches showed up today. They fit and look great. The only concern I have is the strap is connected with elastic. It makes the fit great but I'm worried about longevity. Won't the elastic give out long before the cordovan? Is it replaceable?

12. MrWN

MrWN Well-Known Member

I thought about that too.
    But this certain film actually provides more friction and grip.
    If anything, I may just apply enough to the toe area so it will act like a toe plate.

13. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

+1 My eg trees set me back more than AE seconds.

14. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

PICS!!!!!!!! Please

15. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

Yes please!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.