1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wonsmithr8

wonsmithr8 Senior member

Looks fantastic! [​IMG]

2. mikeharo

mikeharo Senior member

Looking good. Do you have other 5-last shoes? Did you go with the same size? These are on my list, but I am trying to nail down sizing on AE cordovan vs calf.

3. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

I have the park ave in calf leather and I went with the same size for that. I also have the neumoks leather rough collection and I went with the same size for that, too.

4. AdamAdam

AdamAdam Senior member

After I noticed that the MacNeil pebble grain was recently put on clearance with few sizes left, I inquired at my local store about any remaining availability and was told that there was nothing left in my size and that it appeared that there was also no more leather left to even make one up. Seems that this is a staple. What gives?

5. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

Wearing some olympic inspired AE kicks today
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

Hmm I'm still not seeing the webgem neumoks

7. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

No shortage of them at BB.

8. halfnhalfnhalf

If you camp out on the homepage, they'll flash in a few seconds.

9. AdamAdam

AdamAdam Senior member

Nothing other than D widths at BB.

10. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

Still can't see. Maybe because I'm using the iPhone and the mobile AE website is loading :)

11. Dillardiv

Dillardiv Senior member

I usually wear my brown Wings & Horns/Dayton service booth (basically just a basic looking brown blucher boot) to bars. They get kind of beat up but that's sort of the point and they look good too. Maybe some type of chukka (Clarks?) would serve this purpose pretty well? Although perhaps you're looking for an AE option.

12. halfnhalfnhalf

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  13. AIK1891

AIK1891 Active Member

I load the regular site on my iPad and see the different offers slideshow by, but to actually access the customizer I need to be on my laptop with flash. If you can go into the customizer, you can click on the Neumok there and it's at the promotional price

14. halfnhalfnhalf

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  15. tjyoung

tjyoung Senior member

Thanks for the response and ideas. And no, you are correct in that I was looking for something other than AE. Don't want to beat up a nice pair of shoes when hardly anyone will notice them at a dimly lit bar or club.

16. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

I thought rainy London would be a good test for my new Brogue Suede Strands, and they didn't disappoint. I love the Dainite sole. Unfortunately, I didn't get the uppers wet to test out real bad weather performance.

When I first got them, I took Cold Iron's advice and gave them a treatment with Bickmore's. Only later did I notice this:

[​IMG]

You can see the marks where they lined up the pieces of leather when assembling the uppers. See the sliver pencil mark under the brogueing. I found a couple examples on these shoes.

I'm not complaining - for me, these are bad weather casual shoes. And I think the marks would easily come off (as they are designed to), if I hadn't sealed them in with Bickmore's. I think once the waterproofing wears off a bit, they will brush right out.

Just thought it was interesting to see a remnant of the production process.

17. LEgoiste

LEgoiste Senior member

The Shoebank has walnut Franciscan in 9.5 3E for $144, but I'm not really a fan of the 3 last's square toe...

18. AIK1891

AIK1891 Active Member

I did speak to someone at Customer Service this morning and they are sending a UPS label to return the Burgudny shell and Bourbon calf Daltons … will be a nice little credit against my MTO plans, so maybe now I'll go ahead with 4 pairs instead of the 2 pairs I was planning.

Since the Black shell Daltons were worn (even though only twice for less than 200 yards and 2 hours total) AND they were a webgem that is not, nor has ever been, a current offering, they can't take a return on that pair. So, I might be listing them on eBay if anyone is a size 11.5EEE and interested let me know and maybe I'll even tailor the eBay listing for the right person (with an agreed upon starting price or buy-it-now). I have two weeks until my school's spring break so I won't gather pictures and make a listing until then.

19. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

You don't post much any more. Good to hear from you!

20. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

Mike,
    You should take a burn down to Philly to the AE shop on Chestnut.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.