1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

I would send them back as well.

2. dapperdoctor

dapperdoctor Senior member

I do the same. I really don't care that much about them, but they are good for bars and concerts.

1 person likes this.
  3. Rene_Lahm

Rene_Lahm Senior member

You summarized my thoughts exactly, as a fellow tall, large footed person. I wear a size 14 and have wide feet. Believe it or not, you're actually in a far better position in the states than I am in the Toronto area. When I go to Buffalo, I can at least find sneakers and some dress shoes in my size. I seldom find a size 14, let alone a high quality, and aesthetically pleasing option like AE's. Unfortunately, I have to try and guess what size to go with when ordering online which isn't ideal. But, I've had some good luck so far, and am just pleased to have options. Just ordered some Black Hills on ebay. They seem like seconds, but I got them for $105.00, so I'm by no means concerned about a few scuffs here and there. Excited to add to my collection of AE's.

4. The_International

The_International Well-Known Member

NicNac,

I have the Singleton loafer in both chocolate suede and brown burnished calf. Love them.

I believe the loafers are on the 2 last. I find them to be more narrow in the toe area than the 5 last, and a bit shorter as well. For me, the heel fits about the same on the 2 and 5 lasts. I have a bit of a higher instep, and the vamp fits well after a few wears and my foot sinks more into the cork footbed. However, I wear an 11.5D in both sizes. YMMV.

Good luck!

5. WICaniac

WICaniac Senior member

I think not. When I was talking to her about doing my Shaker Heights in Chromexcel or Dublin, I told her that I liked the reddish "russet" color of the Wolverine Krause; she recommended the Cognac Dublin as the best option:
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. evilWagon

evilWagon Senior member

There must be something in the water up here, I too am originally from Toronto. Have you had any luck finding a retailer that carries AE in your size?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  7. NicNac

NicNac Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input! I am debating over a few styles so I will let you know what I end up with.

8. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

drunken rant deleted!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  9. pomofo

pomofo Active Member

I got a different size from what I had ordered. I think there must have been a mixup over the phone, but they still fit me so I kept them.

10. vinnyland

vinnyland Member

Is this a problematic thing or purely cosmetic? I do however need to get the heels replaced and considering getting the whole thing completely recrafted.

11. BL70

BL70 Senior member

Has anyone had to go up 2 widths on the 5 last to fit their toes? I measure a C, but a D I tried on in store was too narrow in the toe. I have not tried an E and not sure I will have a chance to in near future and plan to order from the seconds sale.

12. bobbyz

bobbyz Well-Known Member

Also kicking myself for missing out on a pair of Dundees (2nds)

13. WICaniac

WICaniac Senior member

I'm no cobbler, but I don't think it becomes problematic until you actually experience separation of the outsole and welting. When I do recraf† my shoes, I will go with a double oak or JR sole with a deep channel for the stitching.

14. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Navy PA in action! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. Subutai

Subutai Senior member

Up two widths sounds excessive. You'd probably end up swimming in the heel

1 person likes this.
  16. AIK1891

AIK1891 Active Member

[​IMG]

Seeing as the Neumok custom-colors special is back I thought I'd post my two pairs from last year:

• Navy & Gold (though it's more like a blond/fawn/latte) with Blue tongue, and
    • Brown football leather & Green.

Neither are for any school, just my attempt at some color in some casual spectators. I've worn both with jacket and tie to on-campus luncheons, and worn both with jeans or khakis and a polo shirt. For $199 I've been quite pleased with the results.

They are also quite confortable, but, while they are unstructured Neumok model, the leathers themselves seem rather stiffer than the glove-soft of other unstructureds I have.

17. The Hunter

The Hunter Well-Known Member

New Webgems are up. Customizable Neumoks for 199... I am wondering if I can snag the standard Navy ones for the reduced price

18. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

Nice! BTW, the Banchory longwing is more along the lines of the glove-soft unstructured to which you refer.

19. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

I wear my Long Branch boots. They look great with jeans and better and better the more I beat them up.

20. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Maiden voyage of my Bwn shell strands:

[​IMG]

Pix/flash makes them look a little more burgundish than brown. Breaking in nicely. Only issue is the left shoe wall is rubbing against the ball of my ankle bone. Will wear a bandaid there till that lessens. I only brushed them to remove some minor dust. I'm of the school that allows the AE polish to come off gradually with wear and application of the mac method. Really excited about these.

4 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.