• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Will it ever turn light brown? Puke yellow is as far as I can get.
F9AD5DB9-59C1-474F-B822-94A76259720D.jpeg

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Freeport just might be my favorite AE boot. Have I ever mentioned how much I appreciate that AE makes these in a B-width?
057A638C-B271-42F3-A789-B6D57D80570E.jpeg
AA143115-291D-483E-BAEE-73D1458D9771.jpeg

Update on the wife:
Yesterday, my wife had an upper endoscopy. They found a small bleeding ulcer in her stomach and addressed that. Afterwards, she got another IV infusion of iron and her hemoglobin increased from 7.2 to 7.6. That’s still pretty low, but it was headed in the right direction. I think that the plan was to release her today. She told me this morning that her last hemoglobin test was 7.5. Hmmm….

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m putting some miles (hyperbole) on these today. Some thin inserts and these are really comfortable.

0C400966-CBA4-4339-A27E-28BED99A7660.jpeg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those are looking good, I'd expect them to need a bit of break in as the leather is probably a bit thicker and the grain would make them a bit stiffer than calf.

I expect the same thing, but so far they have been very comfortable. I usually associate thicker leather and break in with discomfort, but thankfully that has not been the case at all.

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These aren’t really ‘chocolate’ as the name would imply. Maybe like…. Milk milk chocolate.
I used to have an employee who was the resident ambassador of this shoe, lol. It's just good. Wish it was recraftable though. I believe it is not.

dpgaloot

Reaction score
Hi Friends,

Working from home has reduced me to wearing Chacos a lot of days, and believe me you don't want pictures of that. I'm pretty sure I have the ugliest feet on this forum. As I write this committees are meeting with a picture of my feet on the screen and debating the "no socks with sandals" rule.

I'm a bit on the fence on the football grain. Additional styles beyond the HM, or the actual "duke" leather discussed here would likely push me over the edge. Honestly after careful study I'm still not sure what leather AE is using. What with all the litigation/arbitration I'm a little afraid to speculate publicly.

I'm going to need to thin the herd a bit in the next few months. Anyone 14EEE out there should reach out. No creating funny email addresses from Sasquatch....

Natty Randolphs today. I've always loved loafers with jeans.

Randolph_Natty_3_25.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads