• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m an engineer, not a doctor.
Damit Jim.JPG

In on page 500!

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right? I've been keeping my fingers crossed that AE really goes all out for this one! Considering all of the AE100 drops haven't interested me, there are plenty of funds burning a hole in my wallet for this event! Customizable welts (reverse & flat) and colors for welts/edges like in previous Trunk Shows. Not to mention single/double JR soles! Also, hoping they will include the Hamilton as this is my favorite model next to the Strand. @AE_Lauren maybe this feedback can be communicated to AE to take into consideration for September's Shell Trunk Show 🤞🤞🤞

I am assuming AE is not interested in allowing customized welts again. I think the last time they offered that was in the 2019 shell TS. I just wouldn't get your hopes up for that. Unfortunately for me, this likely means I will pass unless the welt is something that I like. I like some of the Strandmoks this time, but I just don't like black welts on most of my casual shoes. #weltgate

Peitron

Reaction score
I am assuming AE is not interested in allowing customized welts again. I think the last time they offered that was in the 2019 shell TS. I just wouldn't get your hopes up for that. Unfortunately for me, this likely means I will pass unless the welt is something that I like. I like some of the Strandmoks this time, but I just don't like black welts on most of my casual shoes. #weltgate

Careful, you're going to jinx Shelltember. 🤫

Last edited:

Harwid

Reaction score
For those of you that like to discuss football leather here is a shoe I ordered. I liked the grain but the fit did not work for me. The color was more brown tha orange - I liked the orange.

Jeff
33741F84-52A4-4E3D-9988-29BE1AEB8877.png
DD8067D5-DC3E-4330-82DC-175D290AB2F0.png

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
Mac Neil Tuesday.

AD946030-D692-4E29-AF40-9CCBDBB6B6F1.jpeg

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hopefully @AE_Lauren can work her magic and make it happen! Especially with shell, you're absolutely catering to a different clientele who's already willing (and able) to drop several hundreds of dollars more just for a different upper material.

Plus, it could also be that the Shell Cordovan models are made by more qualified artisans who have the necessary skills to put reverse welts on shell. Edge/welt colors should be super easy to implement, though. Keeping my fingers crossed, but also setting my expectations appropriately.

polojock615

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's finally happened! I'm usually the last to get a shoe for a limited run. Maybe it's because I'm in CA. Maybe it's because I have huge feet. Maybe it's because they're saving the best for last.

Anyways, my football grain Courtsides got here today. They're beautiful! They also came with two pairs of laces. Argue about the leather all you want, these are keepers. I argued against sneakers when they came out. @Ashley_S argued with me during the trunk show. She was right! Just buy the damn sneakers.

IMG_3852.jpeg
IMG_3853.jpeg
IMG_3854.jpeg

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's finally happened! I'm usually the last to get a shoe for a limited run. Maybe it's because I'm in CA. Maybe it's because I have huge feet. Maybe it's because they're saving the best for last.

Anyways, my football grain Courtsides got here today. They're beautiful! They also came with two pairs of laces. Argue about the leather all you want, these are keepers. I argued against sneakers when they came out. @Ashley_S argued with me during the trunk show. She was right! Just buy the damn sneakers.

View attachment 1820901 View attachment 1820902 View attachment 1820903
Those look great!!!

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered the Horween football leather Higgins Mills.
Supposedly I have to wait 8 weeks for these to be made.

I may be the father of the football leather Higgins Mill, but I get no respect.

"Last time I tried to make love to my wife nothing happened, so I said to her, 'What's the matter, you can't think of anybody either?"

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered my Horween football leather Higgins Mill boots online.

I wanted to order through my local store. But I have not had great service from them previously. And Lauren told me that nobody there could help me accelerate my order so it would be done faster. (Eight weeks is the time quoted on the website.). It seems like a store manager should be able to help with things like this. If not, I can’t see much benefit versus ordering online.

Still, I feel like I should have ordered through the store. I just have a hard time getting over the (not good) service I’ve received there.

Am I the only one who feels like this?

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered my Horween football leather Higgins Mill boots online.

I wanted to order through my local store. But I have not had great service from them previously. And Lauren told me that nobody there could help me accelerate my order so it would be done faster. (Eight weeks is the time quoted on the website.). It seems like a store manager should be able to help with things like this. If not, I can’t see much benefit versus ordering online.

Still, I feel like I should have ordered through the store. I just have a hard time getting over the (not good) service I’ve received there.

Am I the only one who feels like this?
I’m sure that Nichole in Boston would take care of you. Tell her George sent ya…

617-488-3815

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads