• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don’t see this one here much.

Olive suede Strand. Highly recommended if they still have your size on Shoebank. Photos don’t do the olive color justice. Subtle and beautiful.
6649032C-F599-4DDF-8224-586213F92149.jpeg
3F24161A-EFA6-4D58-9EF7-9EB5A102936D.jpeg
Someday (for better or worse) maybe the Internet will offer smell-o-vision. The citrus is in bloom and the smell is fantastic. Summer is just around the corner...
2478E981-856E-4AF4-BBAD-3871661999CC.jpeg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean.

I do not work for Brooks Brothers, I am not a social media influencer, I do not have a YouTube channel, my Instagram is private and followed by less than 30 people who are mostly family and a few friends I have known more than 30 years, and if you have read any of my earlier posts in any threads you will know that I am in early pre-retirement well before 60 years old so a few pennies from "affiliate" links are not going to really change my overall net worth.

Maybe next time you should think (and research) before you make such unsubstantiated claims. it is so sad that all I wanted to do is help out a few others who really like Allen Edmonds shoes and you tried to turn it into something awful.
ALLEN EDMONDS BROOKS BOTHERS APPRECIATION THREAD.

Rithrin

Reaction score
Great LA travelogue post in the roycru style!
Post photos when you get your Wellema Hat. I'm dipping my toes into the Hat pool as well, have one coming from Tatton Baird. Not sure I need another thing to obsess over, but I've wanted to give hats a try for a while.
Thanks! I definitely will. There's one panama hat I own that I've worn on and off for years only during certain days in the summer. Something to wear year round with suits has been on my wish list, though nothing I've ever tried has felt natural. Getting a hat specially made seems like it'll settle the whole matter once and for all, so I gave it a go!

You should post some photos of the Tatton once it comes in!

joman8390

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean.

I do not work for Brooks Brothers, I am not a social media influencer, I do not have a YouTube channel, my Instagram is private and followed by less than 30 people who are mostly family and a few friends I have known more than 30 years, and if you have read any of my earlier posts in any threads you will know that I am in early pre-retirement well before 60 years old so a few pennies from "affiliate" links are not going to really change my overall net worth.

Maybe next time you should think (and research) before you make such unsubstantiated claims. it is so sad that all I wanted to do is help out a few others who really like Allen Edmonds shoes and you tried to turn it into something awful.

Your links do not go straight to Brooks Brothers, they redirect to this page, which I have never seen before on styleforum:
D507B518-48D3-4CFD-B339-04A09039D2A0.png

Perhaps that is a new feature of styleforum, in which case I apologize.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
ALLEN EDMONDS BROOKS BOTHERS APPRECIATION THREAD.

You do not know what the original poster intended and they are not Brooks Brothers shoes. They are Allen Edmonds shoes sold by Brooks Brothers but I am sure you already knew that.

Last time I try to do something nice in this thread.

Last edited:

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Your links do not go straight to Brooks Brothers, they redirect to this page, which I have never seen before on styleforum:
View attachment 1567229

I stand by my original comment. Maybe you should do your research first because so far this only appears to be affecting you. Maybe you have something wrong with your phone and it has nothing to do with me. Why assume the worst in people when you simply do not know and jumped to a conclusion?

It's also possible he just copied links that already had some kind of affiliate attached.

I copied links directly from the Brooks Brothers website. Look at the underlying URL in the links I attached, there is no extra affiliate code or any other information other than a direct link to the product page so either StyleForum added its own code because SF does have affiliate programs, the OPs phone is phucked, or both.

Links seem to work fine for me.

Exactly and thank you. As they say, no good deed goes unpunished.

Last edited:

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You do not know what the original poster intended and they are not Brooks Brothers shoes. They are Allen Edmonds shoes sold by Brooks Brothers but I am sure you already know that. Last time I try to do something nice in this thread.
Haha ya no good deed goes unpunished.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Keep your half-hearted and meaningless apologies to yourself. Maybe next time do not be a jerk by jumping to conclusions about people you do not know and regarding matters you do not understand.

My Link:
1614893654960.png

StyleForum Link:
SF added the affiliate information which is how they pay for this forum we all use and enjoy.

1614893524351.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads