• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ALLEN EDMONDS APPRECIATION THREAD 2021: News, pictures, clothing, accessories, etc.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross posting here for a cool shop doing some neat makeups. No spoiler because shell is awesome!

Voltaire has knocked it out of the park again with another killer makeup! My first Ravello and boy these are gorgeous; I'm honestly going to feel bad wearing these for the first time. I couldn't have asked for a nicer shoe to start my Ravello collection with.

Double Waterloc on 360 welt with an NST front and all brass eyelets, lasted around the Plaza last. #2 pair from this run.

My photos don't do these babies justice.

PS: Voltaire at Style by Blaine is building his website and it should be up and running very soon. He really loves Alden and has an eye for some unique makeups.

PXL_20210304_232847108.jpg
PXL_20210304_232857286.jpg
PXL_20210304_232915145.jpg
PXL_20210304_233100518.jpg
PXL_20210304_233214324.jpg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cross posting here for a cool shop doing some neat makeups. No spoiler because shell is awesome!

Voltaire has knocked it out of the park again with another killer makeup! My first Ravello and boy these are gorgeous; I'm honestly going to feel bad wearing these for the first time. I couldn't have asked for a nicer shoe to start my Ravello collection with.

Double Waterloc on 360 welt with an NST front and all brass eyelets, lasted around the Plaza last. #2 pair from this run.

My photos don't do these babies justice.

PS: Voltaire at Style by Blaine is building his website and it should be up and running very soon. He really loves Alden and has an eye for some unique makeups.

View attachment 1567655View attachment 1567656View attachment 1567657View attachment 1567658View attachment 1567659
WOW, those are stunning. And Voltaire is awesome!

VeritasAequitas

Reaction score
Not shell, but I wonder if AE is going to offer the Tinsel Avenue again this holiday season:

View attachment 1567615

If not, these could go down as one of the rarest Strand variants ever made. I think they were on sale for a week and a half before being pulled from the web store?

#showerthoughts
Okay, I'm just going to say it - it's weird that you think about shoes in the shower. :cool:

Seriously though, those things are something else. Not for me necessarily but I sure like looking at them.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could someone please recommend a summer derby buck in suede or nubuck? I guess AE has the Nomad but they don’t offer it in E or EE.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t think that Mahogany will be a great color for the Strand. Too many elements to get the color right.
F2B60B8E-0F27-43D1-ABB5-0936D5CD3F01.jpeg

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WOW, those are stunning. And Voltaire is awesome!
Yes they are quite something! Voltaire really does some cool stuff and his makeups fit what I'm after most of the time.

2 1/2 year old natural CXL Addison loafers today. AE belt (Sterling Ave). All discontinued products but AE should bring back casual, MIUSA GYW loafers like these!
View attachment 1567704View attachment 1567705
Killer casual shoe! They look like they've aged well and they enjoy being on foot.

Could someone please recommend a summer derby buck in suede or nubuck? I guess AE has the Nomad but they don’t offer it in E or EE.
Alden derby in suede.... They offer widths. You won't be disappointed by Alden's suede products... Top of the line.

They'll be Barrie lasted, which is usually 1/2 size down from AE 65 last. If the price is too much, figure out your size and check out. Some steals to be had on there for suede stuff.

Rancourt Rocklands
I was going to say that or Alden. You can get into Alden pretty cheap if you do suede, used.

Last edited:

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NYCTechNerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the record, I appreciate such things and many of us post them regularly on the vintage thread. Seems to be much less common on other threads in my experience but I have no objection. Then again, I am not the SF police and have no time to scrutinize @NYCTechNerd affiliate links (too soon?, I kid I kid)...
One more Brooks Brothers by Allen Edmonds (without affiliate links unless they are from SF).
If anyone wears an 8D this appears to be a great AE shoe at a great price: $160.50

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am really excited about getting the LandShark boots. I’ve wanted some sharkskin boots for a couple of years. The texture is phenomenal.

A year or two ago, I decided to order a pair of boots from Rancourt made from bison leather. (This model is not typically made in bison — it was a special order.) I love the texture of this bison leather too. I especially like how the brogueing becomes a subtle element in these boots — it’s an unexpected detail.

2532BF04-7D7A-42B1-A918-465E140208A6.jpeg
F7EA06F7-5820-4465-A597-218B0C233D9F.jpeg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am really excited about getting the LandShark boots. I’ve wanted some sharkskin boots for a couple of years. The texture is phenomenal.

A year or two ago, I decided to order a pair of boots from Rancourt made from bison leather. (This model is not typically made in bison — it was a special order.) I love the texture of this bison leather too. I especially like how the brogueing becomes a subtle element in these boots — it’s an unexpected detail.

View attachment 1567857View attachment 1567858
Your texture is phenomenal. My cognac bison is still great just more subtle

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What Is The Best Value Shoe Brand For Money?

• Meermin

Votes: 38 14.6%
  • TLB Mallorca

Votes: 42 16.2%
  • Cheaney

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • Carmina

Votes: 42 16.2%
  • Crockett & Jones

Votes: 48 18.5%
  • Other

Votes: 80 30.8%