• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ALLEN EDMONDS APPRECIATION THREAD 2021: News, pictures, clothing, accessories, etc.

Duke Santos

Reaction score
Spiderweb lacing, famalam.

I do it on all my boots. I think it looks neat.

It's a military style that is often used on jump boots and the like. These aren't really jump boots, but I think it makes them look cool.
Here's a pic of another military lacing system that I understand to be "ladder lacing" and very popular among airborne troops.

Duke Santos

Reaction score
I have a pair of "kid leather" (young goat) shoes from the Spanish maker starting with a 'C' -- the leather is very soft and supple, extremely comfortable but my guess is they will not have the longevity of calfskin
I might be wrong, but I believe that kid leather has about five times the tensile strength of calfskin while being considerably lighter.

KarlHungus

Reaction score
I might be wrong, but I believe that kid leather has about five times the tensile strength of calfskin while being considerably lighter.
That could be, I honestly know next to nothing about kid leather. It certainly is lighter and more supple than calfskin, but seems to be slightly harder to maintain (i.e. buff out nicks and the like) due to the nature of the leather

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Appreciate all the positivity and prayer everyone can give. My father in law is in surgery for an aortic dissection. It was very sudden. He lives with us and has been so helpful in taking care of us and welcoming my father also into our household after my my mother passed 2 months ago. We are very worried.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Appreciate all the positivity and prayer everyone can give. My father in law is in surgery for an aortic dissection. It was very sudden. He lives with us and has been so helpful in taking care of us and welcoming my father also into our household after my my mother passed 2 months ago. We are very worried.
My prayers and thoughts are with you.

Hisheirness23

Reaction score
Prayers and best wishes for you and your father!

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey man, he's in my prayers!

barutanseijin

Reaction score
It sounds as if your house is full of warmth and love. That love and warmth will be your strength in this crisis. Hang in there.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What Is The Best Value Shoe Brand For Money?

• Meermin

Votes: 37 14.7%
  • TLB Mallorca

Votes: 41 16.3%
  • Cheaney

Votes: 10 4.0%
  • Carmina

Votes: 40 15.9%
  • Crockett & Jones

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Other

Votes: 79 31.5%