• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, but what if you added up the wear from all 10 of your Caen's for a normal wear distribution, lol.
:fence:
Edit: I'm not a wear tracker by spreadsheet guy, but I'd estimate that I averaged a 1x/week wearing between Jan and June, with intermittent wear since then. So... Maybe a very conservative 50 wears.

View attachment 1093033
Well, having a number of pair to choose from does mitigate wear on any one boot. Mine are not wearing down as much as the ones in the photo you posted. Here is heel from most worn pair, but that is probably 30 or so wears. Showing some "damage" but not wearing down.
IMG_4171.jpeg

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DD787C5B-5E1F-4431-A3F1-2C032D81A6B5.jpeg

9B3297C2-ABA0-40E1-BDA0-1D0E39613332.jpeg

Greetings, fellow enthusiasts. Here’s one of the few pairs I’ve been wearing lately. Two more days of work before vacation and last day in the office for the year. Super casual. J Crew 770 MiUSA garment dyed denim, LL Bean thermal knit henley, J Crew herringbone slub over shirt, AE Central Ave belt and my beloved Higgins Mills. I’m really digging the henley plus an over shirt with jeans or five pocket cords as a casual look. I find that I can blend in with my super casual environment while still feeling slightly stylish. Also, it’s cozy.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you ever get on TSM "seconds" site?
Yes but even $375 is not happening right now. March is bonus time. I’ll probably grab something then (or at least pre order) and also will have recovered the slush fund and erased my modest debts. Sure I could be irresponsible, but that’s short-sighted.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, but what if you added up the wear from all 10 of your Caen's for a normal wear distribution, lol.
:fence:
Edit: I'm not a wear tracker by spreadsheet guy, but I'd estimate that I averaged a 1x/week wearing between Jan and June, with intermittent wear since then. So... Maybe a very conservative 50 wears.

View attachment 1093033
*small voice* I'm a little jealous you can wear a pair that often. Talk about first world problems :p

I compared trans lugs vs commando across multiple pairs (accounting for qty of wears), and I'll agree they wear a bit faster if only just. I found variances in how quickly the commando was wearing as well, so I'll reconvene after a larger sample size had accumulated.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes but even $375 is not happening right now. March is bonus time. I’ll probably grab something then (or at least pre order) and also will have recovered the slush fund and erased my modest debts. Sure I could be irresponsible, but that’s short-sighted.
Yes, Alden "seconds" are priced similar to AE firsts. March will be here before you know it.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, having a number of pair to choose from does mitigate wear on any one boot. Mine are not wearing down as much as the ones in the photo you posted. Here is heel from most worn pair, but that is probably 30 or so wears. Showing some "damage" but not wearing down. View attachment 1093036
That said, your 30 wears are no more than half a day. ;p

I think we need to enlist the help of a materials testing lab to determine the hardness of each material. Maybe we can also get someone to donate a heel of each type to do some wear testing in a lab to eliminate variables such as walking surface and distance per wear.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think we need to enlist the help of a materials testing lab to determine the hardness of each material. Maybe we can also get someone to donate a heel of each type to do some wear testing in a lab to eliminate variables such as walking surface and distance per wear.
You assessment of my wear is pretty accurate :)

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not just hardness, but abrasion resistance! ASTM D5963, anyone?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads