• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Unexpected favorable turn of events this morning, Mrs B seems to have dodged the need for surgery and is already now on the mend. This was possible but seemed very unlikely outcome, so we are all feeling very good. Family traveled to be here just in time for the great news at 9am, w surgery schedule for 930am.

The initial assessment was very scary and I sincerely appreciated the comments from all of you gentlemen. Read the comments, felt the warmth and that lightened things a bit. (and pardon if I missed anyone!)

Olive tweed today heading back to see the queen shortly.
View attachment 1063436 View attachment 1063437
Fantastic news!!!!! And I like the shoes.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unexpected favorable turn of events this morning, Mrs B seems to have dodged the need for surgery and is already now on the mend. This was possible but seemed very unlikely outcome, so we are all feeling very good. Family traveled to be here just in time for the great news at 9am, w surgery schedule for 930am.

The initial assessment was very scary and I sincerely appreciated the comments from all of you gentlemen. Read the comments, felt the warmth and that lightened things a bit. (and pardon if I missed anyone!)

Great news! Glad to hear she is on the mend.

Aenonymous

Reaction score
Anybody familiar with the Berkshire or know what last it is on? Found a pair on Poshmark that look interesting, never heard of or seen this model before.
I can tell you it looks like it's from 2010. Found it in a catalog, page 27.
https://issuu.com/allenedmonds/docs/2010springallenedmondscatalog
View attachment 1063281
The last, I don't know but it looks like possibly 511 or 97 last. One of the pages I said was to order half size down so that may lead to 511, but again I am not a last expert.
It's the 234 last, TTS.
Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 11.40.22 AM.png

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Olive tweed today heading back to see the queen shortly.
View attachment 1063436 View attachment 1063437
Great news and outfit!

AEShoeMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Thursday fellas! Great to hear the positive turn of events @BagleyBrown !

A little non-AE content today, but it is Thursday Thievery on the Vintage Shoe thread today. Pics spoilered since non-AE, but also went with a healthy dose of caffeine myself too this morning in them.

The Florsheim 96624 Royal Imperials, Caribou Coffee and good old office carpet
20181101_085041-jpg.1063434

20181101_085136.jpg

More details on Thursday Thievery and the shoes themselves in the Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice post

ELClodge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lesson on life - if you've been on a shoe buying tear, and your wonderful wife happens to pick up a pair of not-your-style blue laces to go with your taupe strands - blindly and proudly sport those bad boys like they are a pair of Natty shell Higgins Mills.

IMG_0920.jpg

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lesson on life - if you've been on a shoe buying tear, and your wonderful wife happens to pick up a pair of not-your-style blue laces to go with your taupe strands - blindly and proudly sport those bad boys like they are a pair of Natty shell Higgins Mills.

View attachment 1063507

By wearing them, I think they have become your style.

They look great and glad to see you wearing them. A word of caution - once you start changing lace color, it could trigger some OCD characteristics and next thing you know, you have a drawer full of colorful laces.

Just sayin’, ‘cause that’s what happened to a friend.

elTiburon

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Hope you have all been well. So, I took the plunge and picked up my first pair of shell during the RDA sale—Burgundy Shell Leeds Seconds. They are beautiful and I really can’t tell what makes them seconds. However... to get them to the desired fit I have to pull the laces almost all the way closed and if I pull a little more, I can close the laces all the way and they are still comfortable. I am just afraid that once they form and fit to my foot and the leather relaxes/stretches that they will be too loose. I don’t have this problem on my other bluchers or my 511 lasted Daltons. I am thinking of exchanging for 9.5 OR could the longer lacing closure pieces be the reason for the seconds OR am I OCD over-analyzing...?!?

92F8DAC3-CF4E-4EA7-B534-0CBA4326BC77.jpeg

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Hope you have all been well. So, I took the plunge and picked up my first pair of shell during the RDA sale—Burgundy Shell Leeds Seconds. They are beautiful and I really can’t tell what makes them seconds. However... to get them to the desired fit I have to pull the laces almost all the way closed and if I pull a little more, I can close the laces all the way and they are still comfortable. I am just afraid that once they form and fit to my foot and the leather relaxes/stretches that they will be too loose. I don’t have this problem on my other bluchers or my 511 lasted Daltons. I am thinking of exchanging for 9.5 OR could the longer lacing closure pieces be the reason for the seconds OR am I OCD over-analyzing...?!?

View attachment 1063530
They look perfect. How do they feel?

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Non AE PTBs today

1101180838~2.jpg

elTiburon

Reaction score
They look perfect. How do they feel?

They feel good. I am just worried that once the leather relaxes and/or stretches that they will be too loose.... I think I might go to a retail store and try on a 9.5 to see how that feels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads