• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That may actually work perfectly with my upcoming TDY to Georgia....driving so it's on the way both ways...thank you!!!

Not a problem; call and set up a time you plan to be there to be safe and make sure the tailor is available.

Tell them Stephen sent you...oh and they really like military members.

Last edited:

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suede Saukville Tuesday.
019F38F8-4721-4603-8D1C-9BF98D49EA6A.jpeg

Shoes4play

Reaction score
Resolution Day #36 - Garnet Shell Strands

Maiden voyage of the shell Strands.

Strand - Garnet.JPG

Strand - Garnet Shell #1.JPG

Strand - Garnet Shell #2.JPG

Strand - Garnet Shell #3.JPG

Strand - Garnet Shell #4.JPG

Strand - Garnet Shell #5.JPG

Strand - Garnet Shell #6.JPG

Strand - Garnet Shell #7.JPG

Purchased these a couple of months after the 2017 trunk show. I was lucky to have an SA who could find this color for me.

A very slight patina is starting to develop, and I really like it.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Linen double breasted jacket, Spier green slub jacket, or tan suede boots from Santos?

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 924882

View attachment 924883

View attachment 924884

View attachment 924885

View attachment 924886

View attachment 924888

View attachment 924889

View attachment 924891

Purchased these a couple of months after the 2017 trunk show. I was lucky to have an SA who could find this color for me.

Wow, very nice! You have some hidden gems there. I am curious to see what’s next.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The expert advice I saw there (repeatedly and vigorously) was "never saddle soap") though...
You know, if I were selling a generic product with a slim margin, I sure would be looking for a proprietary product with better margins. I don’t think saddle soap is as bad as it is made out to be nor do I think other products are as awesome as thier claims. Reno comes to mind.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There. I fixed that for you.

Normally yes, but with an anniversary dinner at a 3 michelin star restaurant coming up (along with 5 nights in a NYC hotel) AND a trip to EDC Vegas coming up, it's one of the above. Plus she's getting her first pair of Carminas on that NYC trip.

Shoes4play

Reaction score

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know, if I were selling a generic product with a slim margin, I sure would be looking for a proprietary product with better margins. I don’t think saddle soap is as bad as it is made out to be nor do I think other products are as awesome as thier claims. Reno comes to mind.

+1 on that. I hear the, “experts,” on here decrying how horrible saddle soap is. I’ve used it for years on my shoes with no adverse issues. I suspect those that had bad experiences were either just unlucky, or didn’t know what they were doing.

cxlfinder

Reaction score

View attachment 924882

View attachment 924883

View attachment 924884

View attachment 924885

View attachment 924886

View attachment 924888

View attachment 924889

View attachment 924891

Those are bananas! I mean how do you live among us mortals? What I wouldn't do for HALF of your collection. Just beautiful!

Shoes4play

Reaction score
Those are bananas! I mean how do you live among us mortals? What I wouldn't do for HALF of your collection. Just beautiful!

Thank you sir. This is the AE Appreciation Thread and I really do appreciate the AEs that I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads