• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How did you arrive at your size? I would have thought that you start with a C width in at least a 8.5.
Well, I’ve been to Leffot in Chicago and tried on a 979 which is the same exact style/last and it was good at least in the store. So that is my best guess starting point. Yes an 8.5C is something I wouldn’t mind trying but then I can kiss Whiskey shell anything goodbye until I’m in the $20K club probably.

RMB35

Reaction score
View attachment 1051529 View attachment 1051530 View attachment 1051531 View attachment 1051532

Also, mine are the Umber color. I would add another pair if they did a dark green/loden, but I’m not interested in the charcoal.
I’m wearing the grey today. They are great as they can be dressed up or down a touch: image.jpg

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good morning (or afternoon for those in the east)! This is my first post and felt the need to do so because I've been weaseled. This thread and forum has started somewhat of an addiction for me, but I recognize there are many here that have gone well beyond where I would dare. I've lost a couple of lb's and have been updating my wardrobe. In addition, I need to look the part for my role in the work place. While doing this, it became a reason to purchase some new shoes. I had appreciated what I thought were nice shoes, but didn't really know what that was until i started visiting this site. Normally, I'm a cost-conscience shopper and my first pair of Allen Edmonds (Madison Ave from the Rack) showed that. However, it gave me a taste of something nicer than what I had been wearing and got the ball rolling. So, in 8 months time, here's what I've picked up:

- Madison Ave in Walnut (my first)
- Fifth Ave in Dark Chili (my fav so far)
- Park Ave in Black
- Strand in Taupe Suede
- St. John's in Chili
- Mcallister in Merlot
- Strandmok in Brown (just arrived, still in box)
- Palm Beach in Brown (most weaseled pair, just arrived)

I only "needed" probably two of the above in my old way of thinking (one brown and one black), but I happen to have very good reasons for all of them now! Thank you everyone!

Fantastic launching post here!
Looks like we need to talk about adding maybe just 1 pair of boots soon. And, for the record, some shell would enhance your closet beyond belief.

Okay I bit the bullet.

No more mystery for those of you who do not visit the Alden thread.

Got this quite unexpectedly yesterday.
View attachment 1051700

So, my response was...

View attachment 1051693

Tuesday I hope.

Wowee, I hope those work out for you!! And honestly, glad the clarity of such an opportunity broke out your wallet. I do not regret any of my favorites despite their cost.

Those will be go-to bad boys for the rest of your life.

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They will because I keep asking questions. I just asked what exactly is the material that the gemming is glued to on the insole? I also learned today that their suede on the Mercer Street is polished. Follow up question, what kind of polish do I use on the Mercer Street Suede. At some point they are either going to kick me out or admit to some pretty crappy build standards. Either way, it will be fun.
Should be fun. I would be surprised if the person answering your emails know what gemming means.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good morning (or afternoon for those in the east)! This is my first post and felt the need to do so because I've been weaseled. This thread and forum has started somewhat of an addiction for me, but I recognize there are many here that have gone well beyond where I would dare. I've lost a couple of lb's and have been updating my wardrobe. In addition, I need to look the part for my role in the work place. While doing this, it became a reason to purchase some new shoes. I had appreciated what I thought were nice shoes, but didn't really know what that was until i started visiting this site. Normally, I'm a cost-conscience shopper and my first pair of Allen Edmonds (Madison Ave from the Rack) showed that. However, it gave me a taste of something nicer than what I had been wearing and got the ball rolling. So, in 8 months time, here's what I've picked up:

- Madison Ave in Walnut (my first)
- Fifth Ave in Dark Chili (my fav so far)
- Park Ave in Black
- Strand in Taupe Suede
- St. John's in Chili
- Mcallister in Merlot
- Strandmok in Brown (just arrived, still in box)
- Palm Beach in Brown (most weaseled pair, just arrived)

I only "needed" probably two of the above in my old way of thinking (one brown and one black), but I happen to have very good reasons for all of them now! Thank you everyone!
No boots? WTF???

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay I bit the bullet.

No more mystery for those of you who do not visit the Alden thread.

Got this quite unexpectedly yesterday.
View attachment 1051700

So, my response was...

View attachment 1051693

Tuesday I hope.

Well, you finally outweaseled me when it counted most. I’m on the list (I hope, still) for the same shoe in the same size from the same maker!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads