• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are fantastic!

great group of boots. what are the pair on the right?
Thank you Sir! Top right is a PRL x Allen Edmonds collaboration, that I cannot find any info on. The bottom right is a Wolverine 774 LTD in "Mahogany" (looks brown to me) shell cordovan.

BoydsShoes

Reaction score
It looks like either the 1943 or some new variation. But with Exchange place and Indy line, why go to any of the “Street” shoes. In real life, it is a decently constructed shoe with substandard materials.
Thank you!

The answer regarding Indy is the common one around here. They only size in B and D, and although the toe box of the Indy is great for me, as is the high instep-- the heel and arch, you could drive a Mack truck into it. So my Bartletts are worn with a heavy wool sock, with Pedag metatarsal pad, and then the shoes are tied so that there is no gap at all in the laces (this is from someone who has 9.5D in the 65 last that needs to be stretched). On the other hand, it is comfy, as long as you aren't walking more than a few steps.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thank you!

The answer regarding Indy is the common one around here. They only size in B and D, and although the toe box of the Indy is great for me, as is the high instep-- the heel and arch, you could drive a Mack truck into it. So my Bartletts are worn with a heavy wool sock, with Pedag metatarsal pad, and then the shoes are tied so that there is no gap at all in the laces (this is from someone who has 9.5D in the 65 last that needs to be stretched). On the other hand, it is comfy, as long as you aren't walking more than a few steps.
I know you could try an Exchange place. It is a better shoe. You can still find 9.5D on clearance. Then you can compare the two. EP is around $215 now.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forgive me if this has been covered already. Does anyone know what the Bond St. last is? I am looking for a classic black captoe, and have just about given up on the 65 last (how can a 9.5D be too tight on someone with 9.5C bannock measurements?). As an aside, I see Crockett and Jones has captoes with rounded toes like the Park Ave, in 4 different lasts. For a couple hundred extra bucks and a lot less agony, it may be worth it to find the right last. Of course, it helps to be in NY.
Did you try a 9E?

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There's a lot of followers in this world...
I don't know anything about Cleveland, other than the movie Major League was a good comedy movie. I sure as heck wouldn't buy shoes because some Quarterback said they were his favorite shoe. I know that a lot of people may buy because of his endorsement, but wearing the same brand/make of shoe won't make one a professional football player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads