• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quickonthetree

Reaction score
Wet and nasty out. Tossed on the Calhoun this morning. Does anyone know what last they're on? I've had them for awhile but never knew the last.

JLC2

Reaction score

I'm torn... I'm up in Canada so selection is limited. I love shortwing brogues so the Walnut McAllister is what I'm aiming for but they don't sell that here.

The closest thing I have available is the Richmond Street which is basically a McAllister on 201 last instead of 65. I actually have trouble fitting 65, and the 201 fits fairly well on me so everything works out except for the part where they don't make it in Walnut!

I feel like I should make a trip down to the states to try on the different widths since we only have D or EEE I'm Canada. Maybe I can make the 65 last work... I hate how much I want Walnut.

Nordstrom can and will bring in anything the US stores carry. That's an option for dialing in size, if there's one near you.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been considering the First Ave boot. Neo's fit guide says to use 65 last sizing on the 201,which the First Ave is lasted. Does that fit (har har) with what the rest of you did?
For the First Ave boot, I found myself sizing down a width from my 65 size ( or sizing down a half length from my brannock size).

Same here, but note I size up a width from my Brannock for the 65 - I'm an 11D in most lasts, but need an 11E in 65-lasted balmorals (shell may be an exception, as may be suede - currently evaluating both). The 201 is more generous in the toe box and has substantially more instep room; I go with 11D which works well.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Same here, but note I size up a width from my Brannock for the 65 - I'm an 11D in most lasts, but need an 11E in 65-lasted balmorals (shell may be an exception, as may be suede - currently evaluating both).  The 201 is more generous in the toe box and has substantially more instep room; I go with 11D which works well.  

I'm an 11.5D in my 65 last, and all my bal gaps close quite well, so likely on the narrow side of D width. Maybe I should check out 11.5C?

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since I really like the brown Normandy seconds I had bought when they were on sale. I seen that the favorite eBay seller had a black pair in my size up that looked reasonably good. I had looked on eBay before I bought the brown but all the pairs that were up looked really used. So this pair looked in the pics ok so decided to take a chance. I have to say I did the best offer and he would not budge less than 75% of asking I know several had posted that 50 to 60% was the norm. In any case these have min wear, maybe were firsts that were just worn for a bit, and I am quite happy for $139. They did include the flat laces in new conditioner so that's a plus you don't always get with used. They just arrived today and like I said they looked good but I still gave them a go over with some leather cleaner and conditioner. Besides being lightly used I really can't see any blemishes anywhere on them in fact cosmetically these are in better condition then the new brown pair I purchased. Since my brown pair was new comparing the sole wear on my brown pair to this black pair I would have to say these were only worn a handfull of times at the most.

Here they are on madden voyage doing some lite yard work.

Middlife

Reaction score
I'm an 11.5D in my 65 last, and all my bal gaps close quite well, so likely on the narrow side of D width. Maybe I should check out 11.5C?
That's probably a good place to start.

narcosis219

Reaction score

Nordstrom can and will bring in anything the US stores carry. That's an option for dialing in size, if there's one near you.

That's something I'll consider. Still have a fit issue; I've tried 65 last on D and EEE in various lengths but no luck... They don't stock any E or EE so I'm wondering if they'll ship some up for the sake of trying... Sounds unlikely unless I pay upfront

JLC2

Reaction score

That's something I'll consider. Still have a fit issue; I've tried 65 last on D and EEE in various lengths but no luck... They don't stock any E or EE so I'm wondering if they'll ship some up for the sake of trying... Sounds unlikely unless I pay upfront

You may have to pay up front, but they'll ship free and give a no hassle refund if they don't fit.

Just for reference, down a half size and up a width from brannock works well for me on the 65.

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can order any current shoe (not sure the Rogue would qualify anymore) in their shell colors for $650 plus a $150 or $100 (I can't remember anymore) fee.

You can order any production (I got the Rogue before they discontinued it) model for $650 + $110 SMU fee if the production manager accepts order.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you tried the 2.0? With the 201 last?
Actually no they may fit better but odd thing is I hear the 201 is better for high instep but the Rogue I returned since it was super tight in the vamp. Seems the 201 boots fit me great have a few but the 201 shoes don't always fit. But was just thinking my Shannon Drives are 201 shoes and they fit great. Not sure I guess the 201 is hit or miss for me seems odd as the last should mostly be the shape of the foot it fits. But you know what they say stranger things have happened than this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads