Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing, accessories, etc.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by TexasTexter, Jan 3, 2017.

1. smfdoc

smfdoc Distinguished Member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."

2. jet-stream

jet-stream Senior Member

Hmm - hard to say, feet are different. How is the toe box in the 65? Do you have any AE shoes on lasts other than the 65?

I don't know how hard 11.5C will be to find - AE doesn't offer C widths in all lasts. Since the FA is a blucher boot, there is some degree of control with closure. I have a medium-volume foot and they close within an inch. It's possible 11D would fit as well, but my instinct is that you should stick with 11.5 D. Also depends on socks, of course - if you are planning to wear anything but dress socks with the FAs, the small amount of extra volume may come in handy . . .

3. aero25

aero25 Senior Member

I have Sea Island and Kirkwood (the penny loafer in case I botched the name), Normandy, and then the Higgins Mill that are not 65 last. The HM I have a 12D which works well, but my Normandy at 11.5D have a bit of heel slip. I'm wondering if something just isn't right with the Normandy I have with the way it fits. I'm thinking an 11 will be too short based on other fits.

4. mreams99

mreams99 Distinguished Member

I guess it's safe to tell this short story here:
    A couple of weeks ago, I talked to the local outlet store about getting a Dalton in bourbon. (It sounds like they are not being made available for the outlet stores.)

Anyway, a couple of days ago I had a dream that I got an email from the store letting me know that they had a pair for me if I wanted it -- but I had to let them know that day.
    I woke up from my dream. What was the first thing I did? Of course, I checked my email (nothing there).
    And the second thing I did was check the shoebank (nothing there either).
    [​IMG]

5. aero25

aero25 Senior Member

I wonder if they are being held back until the old Bourbon 2nds stock has been exhausted.

6. mreams99

mreams99 Distinguished Member

I don't think that there are any bourbon Daltons available in any size.

7. nhlducks35

nhlducks35 Senior Member

I see a couple there, there's one in 9D

I just ordered a pair of 9 3E Mcallisters today too, they weren't listed yesterday

8. amphillips79

amphillips79 Senior Member

9. ace13x

ace13x Distinguished Member

I think I got mine for $110, but that was a while ago. I think the longer he has them the lower he'll go, but I'm not sure. Also, every couple of weeks he'll lower his BIN by around $5, so maybe after a while he can't do 50-60% off the newer BIN amount. Either way, IMO sub $150 is pretty good for a GREAT boot. Both yours and mine are in way better shape than a few of the seconds I've seen at the Paramus outlet.

10. ace13x

ace13x Distinguished Member

Resolution Day 4 McTavish:

[​IMG]

Soooooo comfortable.

11. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Distinguished Member

Nice. I had a similar reaction to them when I inspected them and tried them on. The pictures on the website don't do them justice. I am told that the early examples of the shoe have a more roughed up appearance similar to the example shown on the website. I'm trying to source a pair of seconds that aren't too scraped up and shabby looking. If that search is a bust and the pair in my local store is still sitting around, I might go for firsts. Papa needs more casual shoes.

12. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Distinguished Member

It's a bummer to look at all of the great shoes on clearance then filter them down to my size and watch them all disappear. This is causing me to look at the Saukville more than I otherwise would.

13. middlepP

middlepP Distinguished Member

Just received Cronmok (1sts at $199). These are the latest batch, so much deeper navy color and stiffer uppers than the original. The color looks fantastic! The navy really pops with the natural welt. I am also pleasantly surprised with the red laces combo (though I'll likely use the tan laces most of the time).

Before I rant, let me say the finishing on these is FANTASTIC! The stitching... not so much.

Evidently they stitch in one side of the tongue. The job on the right boot totally mangled the leather strip of the eyelets. It isn't just the appearance - even when laced you can feel the lumps created by the bunching and a couple of the eyelets can only be laced through the top.

[​IMG]

The other boot isn't mangled, but the tongue is stitched crooked. Below is pulled center as much as I can go. When worn it slides almost to the ball of my ankle. The stitching on this one is much more pronounced that the other boot.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

These would likely be going back, even if 2nds, as I feel these issues are more structure than cosmetic. I love the look of the boot, so hopefully I can get a better pair.

14. MattRiv

MattRiv Distinguished Member

The more I look at these cordovan Leeds, the less I like the big bulky double oak sole. Anyone ever had them redone with a single oak to make them look a little more elegant/modern?

15. dfwcowboy

dfwcowboy Senior Member

Ate up with the dapper, as usual.