Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing, accessories, etc.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by TexasTexter, Jan 3, 2017.

1. quickonthetree

quickonthetree Senior member

Wet and nasty out. Tossed on the Calhoun this morning. Does anyone know what last they're on? I've had them for awhile but never knew the last.

[​IMG]

2. JLC2

JLC2 Senior member

Nordstrom can and will bring in anything the US stores carry. That's an option for dialing in size, if there's one near you.

3. jet-stream

jet-stream Senior member

Same here, but note I size up a width from my Brannock for the 65 - I'm an 11D in most lasts, but need an 11E in 65-lasted balmorals (shell may be an exception, as may be suede - currently evaluating both). The 201 is more generous in the toe box and has substantially more instep room; I go with 11D which works well.

4. Canadianguy

Canadianguy Senior member

Nice! I wish my Dundees had rubber soles, so much more practical.

5. aero25

aero25 Senior member

I'm an 11.5D in my 65 last, and all my bal gaps close quite well, so likely on the narrow side of D width. Maybe I should check out 11.5C?

6. 007Bond

007Bond Senior member

Since I really like the brown Normandy seconds I had bought when they were on sale. I seen that the favorite eBay seller had a black pair in my size up that looked reasonably good. I had looked on eBay before I bought the brown but all the pairs that were up looked really used. So this pair looked in the pics ok so decided to take a chance. I have to say I did the best offer and he would not budge less than 75% of asking I know several had posted that 50 to 60% was the norm. In any case these have min wear, maybe were firsts that were just worn for a bit, and I am quite happy for $139. They did include the flat laces in new conditioner so that's a plus you don't always get with used. They just arrived today and like I said they looked good but I still gave them a go over with some leather cleaner and conditioner. Besides being lightly used I really can't see any blemishes anywhere on them in fact cosmetically these are in better condition then the new brown pair I purchased. Since my brown pair was new comparing the sole wear on my brown pair to this black pair I would have to say these were only worn a handfull of times at the most.

Here they are on madden voyage doing some lite yard work.

[​IMG]

7. Middlife

Middlife Senior member

That's probably a good place to start.

8. narcosis219

narcosis219 Active Member

That's something I'll consider. Still have a fit issue; I've tried 65 last on D and EEE in various lengths but no luck... They don't stock any E or EE so I'm wondering if they'll ship some up for the sake of trying... Sounds unlikely unless I pay upfront

9. TexasTexter

TexasTexter Senior member

[​IMG]

Shelton 1.0. I ike this shoe! It's very comfy.

10. JLC2

JLC2 Senior member

You may have to pay up front, but they'll ship free and give a no hassle refund if they don't fit.

Just for reference, down a half size and up a width from brannock works well for me on the 65.

11. TexasTexter

You can order any production (I got the Rogue before they discontinued it) model for $650 + $110 SMU fee if the production manager accepts order.

12. 007Bond

007Bond Senior member

Yup looking good I have this shoe but up for sale just does not fit me with high instep but like I said looking good on you!

13. TexasTexter

Have you tried the 2.0? With the 201 last?

14. Voice of Reason

Voice of Reason Senior member

15. 007Bond

007Bond Senior member

Actually no they may fit better but odd thing is I hear the 201 is better for high instep but the Rogue I returned since it was super tight in the vamp. Seems the 201 boots fit me great have a few but the 201 shoes don't always fit. But was just thinking my Shannon Drives are 201 shoes and they fit great. Not sure I guess the 201 is hit or miss for me seems odd as the last should mostly be the shape of the foot it fits. But you know what they say stranger things have happened than this...