• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_0442.JPG

New2Suits

Reaction score
So.. I remember why I don't drink much anymore.. Have not one, but TWO pairs of non-practical loafers on their way from ebay over the weekend... one is a burgundy Arlington complete with kiltie, tassles, and wingtips, the other a pair of croc-embossed Brindisi's.. Will post pics when they arrive. The girlfriend is going to love this.

Last edited:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So.. I remember why I don't drink much anymore.. Have not one, but TWO pairs of non-practical loafers on their way from ebay over the weekend... one is a burgundy Arlington complete with kiltie, tassles, and wingtips, the other a pair of croc-embossed Brindisi's.. Will post pics when they arrive. The girlfriend is going to love this.

archer.jpg

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sounds like you gotta keep up this trend. I LOVE the Brindisi but when I put it on years ago in the smallest size they had (7D) they literally were falling off - they run longer than anything I ever tried. Extremely nice - don't let the croc emboss fool you - the upper is very soft and the outsole was much better than the Verona. Way to go AE getting rid of this in favor of the Blake stitch stuff.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheetah owners: Does this sneaker rub up against the heel and cause bleeding like the Maritime does? I'm pretty much done wearing my Maritime's when I go out, as I now refer to this shoe as The Shredder. Looking for a replacement that I can wear with shorts, but was a little concerned the Cheetah might cause the same problem.

Poll the audience huh, lol....my guess is that because you gravitate toward 108 & 65 stuff, the cheetah heel will be large for you. That combined with the fact that the sides aren't that rigid and will bend in & outward, I think you'll have trouble.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Now wait just one minute. Extreme dryness while bicycling in India during the winters has been a huge issue for me and this product may just be the trick!;)

"It makes my face smooooooth when delivering milk."

11285109483-dudh-wallah-bicycle-milkman-india.jpg

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kiltie, Tassels, AND wingtip???!!! Sounds like the trifecta of kitsch.

A few years ago AE had a loafer named Cornelius (my surname), and if I recall it had all of these things, which made it particularly out of my taste. Too bad the Cornelius couldn't have been a plain toe blucher...

Fatmatt5

Reaction score
Kiltie, Tassels, AND wingtip???!!! Sounds like the trifecta of kitsch.

A few years ago AE had a loafer named Cornelius (my surname), and if I recall it had all of these things, which made it particularly out of my taste. Too bad the Cornelius couldn't have been a plain toe blucher...

I'm impressed they found room for all of those things on top of one loafer...

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm impressed they found room for all of those things on top of one loafer...

Wow, it's a LONGWING loafer. I think we're gonna need to see fit pics when they come in. Respek!

IMG_0204.JPG

Here's the Cornelius. I misremembered. It's a full strap with kiktie and tassel, not wingtip. Still definitely NOT what this Cornelius would wear...

IMG_0205.JPG

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow, it's a LONGWING loafer. I think we're gonna need to see fit pics when they come in. Respek!

View attachment 814998

Here's the Cornelius. I misremembered. It's a full strap with kiktie and tassel, not wingtip. Still definitely NOT what this Cornelius would wear...

View attachment 814999
The whole set up isn't one I would go for (maybe a penny strap rather than tassels might make it more fun), but longwing loafers are kinda cool.

The Cornelius definitely isn't my jam either! Luckily they haven't named a shoe after me, yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads