• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkebh979

Reaction score
BB carries Loake under the Peal and co. Brand.

shog[1].gif
It's not C&J? Otherwise, I've made a mistake in testing the GMTO waters with them, re: the P&Co shell wingtip...
peepwall[1].gif

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

shog%5B1%5D.gif
 It's not C&J?  Otherwise, I've made a mistake in testing the GMTO waters with them, re: the P&Co shell wingtip... 
peepwall%5B1%5D.gif

The shell models are CJ. Breathe easy!

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Neo1 s appreciation of lug soles made me pull out another pair that do not get the rotation time they deserve. These are my own "MTO" chili Bentons. Recrafted at the factory and moved to the mini lug sole, visible heel stack and then added exposed brass eyelets. They make a nice casual shoe with jeans.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hope everyone is staying dry out there. I stepped in some major puddles yesterday, and with heavy rain in the forecast again today, my options were slightly limited. Most of my bad weather, rubber soled shoes just weren't going to cut it. Almost reached for the Normandy again, but then remembered these grain First Aves that had been stored for fall/winter. (Plus... gasp!... I didn't want to wear the same pair twice in one week.)

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Could be, yes.  Could also be that your shoes are either too wide or too long.  How old are the Fifth Aves?  How many times have you worn them?

I'm not ruling anything out. The Fifth Aves were purchased probably in early April. They are worn 1-2 times per week. They started out pretty snug across the forefoot and now I can wiggle my toes in there. There doesn't SEEM to be too much room up front. I do seem to spend a lot of time adjusting the tension of my laces.

kooza26

Reaction score
Hey guys can I get your opinion on these shoes (Allen Edmunds Redan Street Oxford)? there seems to be a more common golf shoe version out there with the spikes, the street version is a lot less common (in fact i couldn't find these in stock anywhere online, even on Ebay!). My concern is matching the rest of my outfit, as they have two different colors. In addition, since they make a golf shoe version with the spikes, I am also concerned about them looking too much like golf shoes. I'm looking at them as more of a casual dress shoe, as opposed to a work shoe. Any thoughts?

I paid $150 for them in store at Nordstrom Rack and they are returnable

5391444.jpg

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys can I get your opinion on these shoes (Allen Edmunds Redan Street Oxford)? there seems to be a more common golf shoe version out there with the spikes, the street version is a lot less common (in fact i couldn't find these in stock anywhere online, even on Ebay!). My concern is matching the rest of my outfit, as they have two different colors. In addition, since they make a golf shoe version with the spikes, I am also concerned about them looking too much like golf shoes. I'm looking at them as more of a casual dress shoe, as opposed to a work shoe. Any thoughts?

I paid $150 for them in store at Nordstrom Rack and they are returnable

5391444.jpg

I wouldn't worry too much about them being seen as a golf shoe (it wasn't my first impression). Pairing it might be a little more difficult. I was going tosuggest khakis or navy chinos but I'm not totally sure. I am struggling to see it with jeans at all.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Chili MacNeils for a Wingtip Wednesday edition of Cheap Clothes, Expensive Shoes. These being my oldest and most expensive pair as I paid pretty close to full price. :brick:

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@smfdoc You turned that from something I would never look at to something I would have to own no question
1f60a.png

@ace13x Gonna check that out in person, but, yeah...that's no Kiowa.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@SLCRich What do you think of that redan? I know you'd have em sockless on the course. To me they look like golf shoes but maybe I've just seen to many.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@TexasTexter Damn...you kind of talked me into the Liverpool with that description. Damn barnweasel - your dangerous.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently compared a pair of country grain Malverns to the country grain on Allen Edmonds's current line of shoes. The Malvern's leather appeared to be a lighter shade of brown, and the graining, if that is the word, was less fine than that of their newer line of shoes. There is a slight difference between the Malvern's sole and the standard Dainite sole, but I do not believe that it is a meaningful difference. Otherwise, they are the same pattern and constructed on the same last. A very good find for the price.

Quote:

When I had a pair of Bellevues made in natural CXL without perforations, they said "great, we can use the Malvern pattern."

Excellent find and price. They are great beaters.

Last edited:

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@SLCRich What do you think of that redan? I know you'd have em sockless on the course. To me they look like golf shoes but maybe I've just seen to many.

The picture @kooza26 posted my first thought was golf shoes. Second is even the non golf shoe look would be really tough to pair with my wardrobe, HOWEVER, I love the look. Almost a saddle like shoe. And if it's comfortable on your foot...do the damn thing

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The picture @kooza26 posted my first thought was golf shoes. Second is even the non golf shoe look would be really tough to pair with my wardrobe, HOWEVER, I love the look. Almost a saddle like shoe. And if it's comfortable on your foot...do the damn thing

They look a ton like my AE golf shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads