1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

I'm with you, buddy. I'm even hesitant to wear walnut or whiskey. Feels like I'm wearing orange pumpkins on my feet.

1 person likes this.
  2. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Thiat is why I guessed #2. When I read ruby, I didn't think #4 was red enough. But I do agree #4 is much more likely. I wonder if the stores will have some samlpe swatches.

3. 007Bond

007Bond Senior member

McGregor Thursday.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  4. orange fury

orange fury Senior member

Interestingly, the break in period was pretty painful- conversely, the 65 last is comfortable out of the box for me. I like them, but what I'll probably eventually do is have them recrafted with either Dainite or a combo tap sole and use them as crappy weather shoes, then get black PA's or Exchange Place's as a not-crappy-weather shoe

5. Middlife

Middlife Senior member

Great Laces!

6. orange fury

orange fury Senior member

Scanning through the website, pretty disappointed with the pricing. The only thing I might consider would be the walnut Dalton on Dainite, but I can't really justify anything else.

7. gm928

gm928 Senior member

Oxblood AE for BB Dundees.

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  8. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

There has been Kenwood in burgundy shell in 9d for over a year now. $299. I bought a pair and they came in a beautiful light burgundy

9. Middlife

Middlife Senior member

Gorgeous!

10. 007Bond

007Bond Senior member

Thanks.

My office is real casual so I have been experimenting with some colored laces to have a little fun.

I notice that women really pick up on the shoes and the colored laces the most.

11. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Raining. Totally phoning it in today. Dark Chili MacNeils.

1 person likes this.
  12. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

Last time around, they actually had one shoe in each color already made, at least at the Chicago - Michigan Avenue store. I think most major stores will likely have one pair in each color so you can see what it looks like.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  13. eagleman

eagleman Senior member

Just received my new Walnut McAllisters today. I couldn't wait until the next Walnut Wingtip Wednesday to show them off. Slowly becoming a filthy barn weasel.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

They couldn't even drop the Indy line to 299? What a load of s**t.

2 people like this.
  15. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Thinking of picking up a suede Strand during the current sale period. Anyone have a loden Strand? Trying to decide between the snuff and the loden. Thanks.

16. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

I'm actually glad. I'm eyeing walnut Bartletts something fierce. This gives me more time to save :)

1 person likes this.
  17. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

Argh, Leiden at $279 but calf/suede at $335.75. Welp, guess I'm trying to convince the wife I need more shell. These shell prices are insane, gentlemen. $616 for Daltons and $550 for shoes? Very tempting.

18. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

Ha! I was considering those too. I'm probably the only person here who doesn't own a Strand, and I wanted to try something on the Indy line.

19. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

Probably just stating the obvious, but other than the discount on shell 1sts, I think the only other honorable mention would be the strandmok 2nds at 179 (same as last year).

Hey why is the 1776 1st on sale but not the 2nd? Should be giving those things away by now.

20. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

@Lobster33 I don't know if others would agree, but with each subsequent sale I feel like they are almost intentionally trying to make the 2nds sale such that you go for 1sts. Wasn't always like that.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.