• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When I had a pair of Bellevues made in natural CXL without perforations, they said "great, we can use the Malvern pattern." 

Excellent find and price.  They are great beaters.

Thanks! I wonder how different the pattern is from the Dundee?

bbouchard87

Reaction score
So I have a wedding coming up this weekend (best man), and the groom says to wear British Tan shoes or something like it. I have a bunch of different AE colors. Is British Tan closer to walnut or bourbon in AE?

Last edited:

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I have a wedding coming up this weekend (best man), and the groom says to wear British Tan shoes or something like it. I have a bunch of different AE colors. Is British Tan closer to walnut or bourbon in AE?
Definitely walnut.

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick and dirty cell phone pics of my new navy suede Dundee 2.0 (on AE clearance). I will try to get better photos at home tomorrow night.

I am going to say this is one of my better "bang for the buck" AE purchases.

Chris

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys can I get your opinion on these shoes (Allen Edmunds Redan Street Oxford)? there seems to be a more common golf shoe version out there with the spikes, the street version is a lot less common (in fact i couldn't find these in stock anywhere online, even on Ebay!). My concern is matching the rest of my outfit, as they have two different colors. In addition, since they make a golf shoe version with the spikes, I am also concerned about them looking too much like golf shoes. I'm looking at them as more of a casual dress shoe, as opposed to a work shoe. Any thoughts?

I paid $150 for them in store at Nordstrom Rack and they are returnable

5391444.jpg

I would not wear them with a suit, but almost everything in the realm of "casual" would work IMO. Collared shirt, no tie...

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
E tan Lubbock from the rough collection today. I really like the 3 pairs that I have (McT and Elgin also) from the collection. A shout-out to @Neo1 for suggesting these to me.

eagleman

Reaction score

Hey guys can I get your opinion on these shoes (Allen Edmunds Redan Street Oxford)? there seems to be a more common golf shoe version out there with the spikes, the street version is a lot less common (in fact i couldn't find these in stock anywhere online, even on Ebay!). My concern is matching the rest of my outfit, as they have two different colors. In addition, since they make a golf shoe version with the spikes, I am also concerned about them looking too much like golf shoes. I'm looking at them as more of a casual dress shoe, as opposed to a work shoe. Any thoughts? I paid $150 for them in store at Nordstrom Rack and they are returnable
5391444.jpg
i love the looks of those shoes and wouldn't have a problem pairing them with chinos.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

AE tan Lubbock from the rough collection today. I really like the 3 pairs that I have (McT and Elgin also) from the collection. A shout-out to @Neo1 for suggesting these to me.

One of my biggest regrets is passing on a pair of Shoebank Lubbocks about two years ago. Once I realized that I really wanted them, they were gone.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The custom neumoks are tempting. Unfortunately, two colors that I'm interested in are not available.
I'd love to see grey added as an option, along with purple.
Who's with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads