Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

I'm a fan, picked them up when they were on the introductory offer for ~$150; I'm seriously considering another pair in brown or blue. The new ones don't seem to have piping for some reason, but the suede is great.
    The last is a bit blobby, but for a casual suede shoe I don't really mind that.
    [​IMG]

2. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

@Soupy Have to say this is one thing with which I have no interest in whatsoever....but I've looked at so I'll comment. They look very nice in person, like a clean summer casual shoe. The 1757 is supposedly a derivative of the b34, so think big, full toe box, lots of room up front. Gumlite sole, so very comfortable, but lacking in support. If you're in the market for this type of shoe they looked good - probably wouldn't work if you're a narrow width.

3. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

Beautiful day, so a perfect opportunity to pull the Strawfut out of storage:
    [​IMG]
    Would love to see these in an all-calf variant.

4. BG 7

BG 7 Well-Known Member

Have a few new pairs of AE coming in this week, so wearing the AE Westchester today until they arrive.

[​IMG]

5. Newberry

Newberry Senior member

[​IMG]

I was so excited to receive my Fifth Avenues but when I opened the box up, everything changed when I saw all these creases. What do you guys think?

6. SlothofDespond

SlothofDespond Member

Thank you--that is great to hear. I'm a 12 EEE in the 65/108/511 and have a wide forefoot. It sounds like the last may be right up my alley.

7. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

First or seconds? If the rest of the shoes look good, I'd probably keep them. That's going to happen after the first wear or two anyways and those particularly creases seem like normal break points to me.

8. Newberry

Newberry Senior member

Thanks. They're firsts. But those creases really got me down

9. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

I'm impatient, so I'd rather have my shoes instead of worrying about minor creasing like that. If you can wait on them, send them back and ask for another pair. If they were seconds and that was the only issue I'd be ecstatic

10. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    I also concur. The creases should not be there for a new shoe. With that said, they will be there the first afternoon you wear a new shoe. Even the very best calf leather will crease. So, the real question is if you wish to return the shoes and make your own creases? As long as they are fine in all other respects, I would personally keep them and avoid the aggravation of the return and wait for the replacement.

11. polojock615

polojock615 Senior member

A kindred spirit! When you see pics of my shoes, just think to yourself, "man, I could be wearing those."

12. aero25

aero25 Senior member

I just ordered a pair of Ninja Socks for the sockless look. I've worn them twice now and will order a few more. They haven't had a problem falling and bunching inside my shoes.

13. angelescrest

angelescrest Senior member

As I write here, my "no show" socks are bunched up under my feet. Ugh. Ninja Socks? I'm willing to give those a try, too. What size shoe do you wear?

14. gwshearing

gwshearing Member

Hello all.

I decided to go on a limb and order some Dainite Walnut Strands seconds.

I'm thinking the Tiger stripe and dark coloring would be the reason they were seconds.

My question is: Can I 'fix' the leather by using some Leather cleaner and stripping them deeply, then use some AE or Saphir Cream to get the color straightened out?

I don't mind the work....in hindsight should have paid $100 more but Seconds can be golden.

[​IMG][/IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  15. Soupy

Soupy Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.