1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neo1

Neo1 Distinguished Member

Wanted to mention - if anyone is looking for a casual loafer/slip on but not a driver, I recently picked up the older Sanibel on the 800 last and I have to say I was pretty impressed. The 800 works a lot better for me than the 114 or 555, plus the price is crazy low right now. Another possibility if you just can't get the Cavanaugh to work out.

2. feeble

feeble Active Member

It's not listed on the website, but shoe care accessories are also 15% off for the anniversary in store. Had to pick up some edge dressing, keep kicking doors :(.

3. vmss

vmss Senior Member

E Harrison listed on eBay right now.. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016

4. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Distinguished Member

Yeah, I found the 108 problematic too. Too narrow in the toe and high in the instep for me. I know this is here say in the AE thread but:

if you have access to a retailer, I would recommend Alden, Loake, Crockett abd Jones, or Carmina for a proper dress Oxford. It's ok to explore other brands! And there are Americsn retailers who can help you out with these brands. Each of these brands has a variety of last's that are more elegant and universally fitting than the 65 last.

Best of luck!

5. naspratt

naspratt Distinguished Member

Ok, I knew it wasn't the Lexington. Has a real nice look with the exposed eyelets.

6. naspratt

naspratt Distinguished Member

I agree; I seem to recall seeing in an older catalog that AE used to use both 270 and 360 welts. Shame that they stopped; I assume for efficiency of process and ease of training new staff.

7. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Distinguished Member

Historically, it's always been 360 with no shank. That was one of their original selling points: lighter, more flexible shoes without metal shanks.

In the 90s, there was a very short-lived line called the executive collection, or something similar, that used a 270 welt with a plastic shank. I think they couldn't reach good efficiencies and sales, and they were discontinued quickly. @hohneokc was sporting a pair the other day...

8. Captain Insano

Captain Insano Senior Member

Wearing these again today. Weather will be hot here so no socks and light pants to go with the new Shannon Drive Olive shoes. I got these on Friday and I have already worn them 3 times. :)
    [​IMG]

9. M2511

M2511 Distinguished Member

So I just received my Warwicks for BB in Dark Chili and while I am a big fan of the color and how these look I'm trying to decide if I should return these to the bank. The buckle on one of the shoes is significantly discolored relative to the other and the leather seems to have 2 dark stain spots (maybe glue?) as shown in the attached pictures. What do you guys think?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Soupy

Soupy Active Member

Happy Merlot Monday, everybody! A combination of bad weather and work circumstances led me to end up skipping most of my AEs last week but hopefully things will get back to normal this week. I sure wish I could upgrade these to a nice Oxblood...

[​IMG]

11. barto78

barto78 Well-Known Member

The small glue stain or discoloration wouldn't bother me that much. The buckle, however, would be a deal breaker for me. I'd send them back or see how difficult it would be to get the buckle replaced.

12. smfdoc

smfdoc Distinguished Member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    Chili Byrons for a Monday while I await the arrival of new shoes. My answer to all of the Fifth Ave excitement last week.

[​IMG]

13. armedferret

armedferret Distinguished Member

I'll be hitting the DuPont store in DC a little later today after an appointment at Walter Reed. Need to find sizing info for various models so i know what to get when a deal comes along.... :)

14. SlothofDespond

SlothofDespond Member

Any Boone Plain Toe suede owners here? Thoughts on them or the 1757 last? They seem like an OK deal at $200 under the current sale.

15. Soupy

Soupy Active Member

I second this question. I think the Boone looks like a fun casual shoe but don't know much about it and live much too far from a store to check it out in person.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.