• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Insano

Reaction score
Yes I am a hillbilly and I took this picture in my garage before leaving for guys night out (cards).... holy **** I think I love my new shoes for casual wear.

danwatts2005

Reaction score
What do you think the chances are of getting them to make me a burgundy shell Strand? They offer burgundy in other models. And how much is the usual markup for custom?

Shoes4play

Reaction score

Scarlet

Reaction score
Yes I am a hillbilly and I took this picture in my garage before leaving for guys night out (cards).... holy **** I think I love my new shoes for casual wear.
They look perfect with that kind of jeans and t-shirt fit. Still totally relaxed and casual, but showing just that bit more consideration. They almost look like workboots from that front shot.

Captain Insano

Reaction score
I got two compliments on these shoes already. Thanks, I have some pants that are more slim but just hanging out tonight so totally relaxed casual.
They look perfect with that kind of jeans and t-shirt fit. Still totally relaxed and casual, but showing just that bit more consideration. They almost look like workboots from that front shot.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's any secret that I'm a big fan of the Shaker Heights.

I even really like the Brooks Brothers tartan ones. That said, I got my 3 pairs each for pretty good deals, and if AE prices keep climbing I might have to abandon any new AE purchases all together in the future (the horror, I know).

whodey14

Reaction score

I don't think it's any secret that I'm a big fan of the Shaker Heights. I even really like the Brooks Brothers tartan ones. That said, I got my 3 pairs each for pretty good deals, and if AE prices keep climbing I might have to abandon any new AE purchases all together in the future (the horror, I know).
Those look great. An oxblood color with the tweed or herringbone would be awesome.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a sneaking suspicion that the Shoebank might join in on the anniversary sale next week. (I don't have any information, it's just a hunch.)
Anybody else thinking the same?

Uncle

Reaction score

Some good info in this one so far. He's mentioned an upcoming Chelsea boot on the 1943 last, the "Liverpool" in black calf, walnut calf, and chocolate suede. Sounds like a real winner to me.
Nice catch @ barto78. Was wondering if the Horweens were bringing their trunck sale to NYC! Asked and answered! Still, wish Paul would increase his firm's risk profile and acquire some Cigar or Cognac/Ravello. Or are we really just too too picky!

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rush Street today - I really like them them, but wish this particular 5-last didn't fit so narrow... My other four 5-last shoes fit and wear really well, but these don't work for a day that involves any moderately significant walking.

danwatts2005

Reaction score

Nice catch @ barto78. Was wondering if the Horweens were bringing their trunck sale to NYC! Asked and answered! Still, wish Paul would increase his firm's risk profile and acquire some Cigar or Cognac/Ravello. Or are we really just too too picky!

This is not too picky. Cigar or Ravello would elevate them to a different level. But they'd have to be prepared to stay there.

danwatts2005

Reaction score

Rush Street today - I really like them them, but wish this particular 5-last didn't fit so narrow... My other four 5-last shoes fit and wear really well, but these don't work for a day that involves any moderately significant walking.

I just took the same model off after 16 hours. My absolute favorite shoe.

feeble

Reaction score
I don't know if I'm allowed to ask this, but do AE sales people make commissions? If so I'm happy to shop in store and help get those guys/gals paid. Otherwise I'll just order online in the future.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know if I'm allowed to ask this, but do AE sales people make commissions? If so I'm happy to shop in store and help get those guys/gals paid. Otherwise I'll just order online in the future.

From the CEO himself:

Quote:

CEO - Allen Edmonds
Yes they do. And they can order the shoes for you and have them sent to your home as well. I think (I should know) that you can get the same treatment on the sales tax that way. Ask them, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics