Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whodey14

whodey14 Senior member

Love the MacNeil, I might wear mine tomorrow.

2. tmchow

tmchow Senior member

For the sale price, I just pulled the trigger in the same size as I am in 65 Last (8.5D). The color is so hard to judge on the laptop screen, so we'll see how they look when they arrive. If they are close to what I expect they might fit the bill for a semi-casual shoe I'm looking for

3. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Should be around 450 or so. Whatever a Dalton runs.

I just hope they bring back the herringbone pattern and classic dark colors, not like the odd looking tan and tartan BB versions.

4. FaRKle

FaRKle Senior member

^What middlepP said!

I've been lusting over Chili Shaker Heights for a while now. Have had to make do with my black ones so far. Cordovan Leeds sound quite tempting too, although I think I'd prefer them with a v-tread sole.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016

5. whodey14

whodey14 Senior member

Thats seems high to me. Maybe the shoe is just hard to judge from images. I do love the herringbone design however.

6. peppercorn78

Shakers are priced the same as other dress boots like Daltons. I imagine we'll get another round of price increases for the fall across the board, so I was guesstimating.

7. Captain Insano

Captain Insano Senior member

Good luck with fitment.
    I was looking at these on the seconds site, but got these on ebay new from Steve's shoes for $100 shipped! These are definitely seconds with a tiny stain on the top right upper, but you can't see it from eye level. I am very be happy so far.

8. Scarlet

Scarlet Senior member

Ok, I misread your last post, and thought your previous picture was of the Shannon Drives, and I was wondering why they had no toe medallion. These are cool, a nice sneaker alternative. They look really comfortable too. I was somewhat tempted by them but got my Cronmoks instead.

9. RichieP

RichieP Senior member

LOL, you are one sick puppy! I remember our discussion about how poorly the burgundy/black Sheltons seemed to age on EBay. But I did notice how much better the used walnut ones held up. That's why I was surprised to see you had some walnut Sheltons. How'd you find them?

I passed this time because another thing now concerns me a little: the double oak sole. I stand a lot and my McT's are definitely less comfortable by the end of the day than everything else. Still love the look though.

I still wonder where the recent seconds are coming from. Maybe the Shelton 2.0 mentioned during Paul's previous AMA, iirc?

10. Captain Insano

Captain Insano Senior member

I like the cronmok alot. Their appearance kinda does resemble these a little bit now that you mention it.

Which previous post, my Warton or my gray Frye LWB post or a different post?

11. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

Dude how many shoes have you bought this month?

12. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Haha 3. One more arriving Monday. Last month was the loafers... #single #nokids #Ineedhelp

13. peppercorn78

For some reason, Cronmoks always make me think of this guy:

[​IMG]

Not enough! He needs moar!!!

14. RichieP

RichieP Senior member

I really hate to take the thread in this direction, but why not: how high is the shaft (of this boot)? I guess I just don't like things touching my ankle so I really didn't take to the Dalton or Long Branch. I just measured mine (the Bleecker Street chukka, that is) and it's 5 5/8" from bottom of the heel to the top of the shaft. I'm happy with it.

OK, how many double entendres was that? :D

15. Scarlet

Scarlet Senior member

Four shots of bourbon today. Wore my Larchmonts and Manistee to work, and came home to a pair of Mora 2.0s and a Walters Street belt from Mebane Shoe Bank on my front porch.

Trying the Moras on now. They look ok, only very faint striping, and a dent on the left strap. Right heel creaks though, and there's some uncomfortable pressure on my left lateral toes. That's been a general problem spot for me lately, which is really freaking stupid because my left foot is slightly smaller overall than my right. Same problem I have in my Dundee 2.0s.

Question: are you supposed to slip monks on and off, or are you supposed to undo the buckles every time?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.