• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

danwatts2005

Reaction score

From the CEO himself:
I bought a pair today at LaSalle St. in Chicago, and am having them shipped to my home in Indiana. No tax. The only downside is that I couldn't carry them out.

lemmy127

Reaction score

Nice catch @ barto78. Was wondering if the Horweens were bringing their trunck sale to NYC! Asked and answered! Still, wish Paul would increase his firm's risk profile and acquire some Cigar or Cognac/Ravello. Or are we really just too too picky!

Cigar and ravello are Alden exclusive colors, so no one gets that but Alden. Not to mention that the dark brown that AE stocks isn't terribly different than cigar. I just hope that AE was the large scale purchaser of bourbon shell... someone asked Paul about that on his AMA and his answer was coy and ambiguous.

Last edited:

Scarlet

Reaction score
I bought a pair today at LaSalle St. in Chicago, and am having them shipped to my home in Indiana. No tax. The only downside is that I couldn't carry them out.

You'll have to pay Use Tax on it when you do your taxes next year, though.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@RichieP So far I like the Shelton, a little leather wrinkle but so far so good. I'll tell you though, I'm kind of the opposite. Wore my red neumok today - very comfortable, but when I got home from work I was fatigued enough I couldn't wait to switch over to a mctavish. I'd take the double sole or mini-lug over anything else, to me it's just far more comfortable & supportive. Those pics of the Shannon make them look a lot nicer than from the AE site but id absolutely die wearing something with a sole like that.

feeble

Reaction score

From the CEO himself:
Interesting, hadn't thought about that. Thanks. Have gotten to know one of the reps in Arlington VA but live in DC. Happy to keep buying from him. Thanks for posting, appreciate it.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Shoebank might join in on the anniversary sale next week. (I don't have any information, it's just a hunch.)
Anybody else thinking the same?

My wallet hopes not!
(and you are aware of the non-posted sale that is currently going on SB, right?)

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My wallet hopes not!
(and you are aware of the non-posted sale that is currently going on SB, right?)

I am aware of the Tanger Outlets sale which applies to the Allen Edmonds stores. (It's not exclusive to AE, which is why I think people are calling it non-posted.) That sale ends tomorrow, which is one reason I suspect we may see a Shoebank sale next week.

Last edited:

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Interesting, hadn't thought about that. Thanks.

Have gotten to know one of the reps in Arlington VA but live in DC. Happy to keep buying from him. Thanks for posting, appreciate it.

I live up by Ft Meade and have been getting to know Chris at the DuPont store. You know there's two stores in DC right? ;)

I just wish ordering from the store didn't take so long to ship. Been over a week and still no email. :(

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't think it's any secret that I'm a big fan of the Shaker Heights. I even really like the Brooks Brothers tartan ones. That said, I got my 3 pairs each for pretty good deals, and if AE prices keep climbing I might have to abandon any new AE purchases all together in the future (the horror, I know).
You're the ultimate Shaker fan! I'm hoping for another chance at the very rare black one from original runs. I agree with you about AE price increases. 100$ more than AE retail gets me a Vass MTO. But still, another Shaker would definitely be worth full retail. To me, at least. I love the leather from the original makeups, whatever it actually is...
Nice catch @ barto78. Was wondering if the Horweens were bringing their trunck sale to NYC! Asked and answered! Still, wish Paul would increase his firm's risk profile and acquire some Cigar or Cognac/Ravello. Or are we really just too too picky!
I think it's Horween that doesn't want to make these colors in large batches. Alden has been dry of ravello for a long time now. Carmina has been dying natural hides to get cognac and saddle. Paul talks about getting burned on returns from the walnut and cappuccino web gems, but I think that all of those returns, even 2nds have been gobbled up by now.
Rush Street today - I really like them them, but wish this particular 5-last didn't fit so narrow... My other four 5-last shoes fit and wear really well, but these don't work for a day that involves any moderately significant walking.
CXL is well known to have enormous stretch potential. I would be surprised if they didn't break in quite a bit if you stuck with it! Looking good nonetheless.
I don't know if I'm allowed to ask this, but do AE sales people make commissions? If so I'm happy to shop in store and help get those guys/gals paid. Otherwise I'll just order online in the future.
Yes! They sure do. I order everything through Kristle at Jeffersonville or the folks at Madison ave. even if it's just a mail order.
Cigar and ravello are Alden exclusive colors, so no one gets that but Alden. Not to mention that the dark brown that AE stocks isn't terribly different than cigar. I just hope that AE was the large scale purchaser of bourbon shell... someone asked Paul about that on his AMA and his answer was coy and ambiguous.
I'm fairly sure it was Alden. With runs of ravello and whiskey super backed up, I imagine this "bourbon" color could be labeled as one or the other of those depending on the batch, and no one would bat an eye. Vass, Buday, and (possibly) Enzo Bonafe have cigar hides in stock right now.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am aware of the Tanger Outlets sale which applies to the Allen Edmonds stores. (It's not exclusive to AE, which is why I think people are calling it non-posted.) That sale ends tomorrow, which is one reason I suspect we may see a Shoebank sale next week.

I thought there were a handful of models on an unposted sale. (A reddit link was posted here about 5-7 days ago.) Separate from that, and only applicable on regular priced items, was the outlet coupon.

harlequin782

Reaction score
Really, they need to ask Paul if AE has any plans of bringing back the Bleecker Street...even if it's only in one color: Dark Chili...or God forbid (for my wallet's sake) Oxblood with a rubber sole. Even if they had to re-contract the student who originally designed the shoe, I think it would be worth it for them financially.

Last edited:

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else notice that the shoebank now has pictures for everything? I wonder if anyone actually ordered anything without a picture...anyway, those black golf shoes for $87 have been screaming my name (I love black shoes for golfing, everything else just gets too dirty too quickly.)

Does anyone else here golf? Curious if anyone has one of their higher end golf shoes and how it performs.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Really, they need to ask Paul if AE has any plans of bringing back the Bleecker Street...even if it's only in one color: Dark Chili...or God forbid (for my wallet's sake) Oxblood with a rubber sole. Even if they had to re-contract the student who originally designed the shoe, I think it would be worth it for them financially.

I don't think it did particularly well with sales, and there were a lot of returns due to QC problems with the pattern. I personally returned 3 pairs before giving up on it.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No there is a sale in the AE outlets physical locations not reflected in the ShoeBank web prices. I posted a link to the original post here: post #3386. Actual original post is here: post #2945.

This sale is how someone got the First Ave Boots a few posts back for $249.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No there is a sale in the AE outlets physical locations not reflected in the ShoeBank web prices.  I posted a link to the original post here:  post #3386.  Actual original post is here:   post #2945.

This sale is how someone got the First Ave Boots a few posts back for $249.

How I grabbed the 5th Street boots for $199.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads