1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. middlepP

middlepP Distinguished Member

How I grabbed the 5th Street boots for $199.

2. mreams99

mreams99 Distinguished Member

It's a good thing that the Dundee isn't part of that sale. When I finished my taxes, I unexpectedly found that I owe some money. I am going to have to sit this one out.

3. cc808314

cc808314 Senior Member

I have a question for those that frequently shop at Bergen Town Center mall in Paramus, NJ. Does it quiet down in late afternoon or towards the evening on Saturdays? I need to go to AE today to return few things and pick up a pair that has been sitting for the last couple of weeks waiting for me.. I was there once on a Saturday afternoon, and it was just too wild for my liking.

4. cc808314

cc808314 Senior Member

How do you like it? I have had my eye on it for the longest time but have never pulled the trigger. I am not sure how much use I will get out of it as I frequently wear khakis/chinos to work.

5. ace13x

ace13x Distinguished Member

Not sure if you mean inside the store or in general. But for certain, the traffic leading to the Bergen Center is BRUTAL. I try to go weekdays for that reason.

6. feeble

feeble Active Member

Yeah, DuPont and city center. I like going to the mall in Arlington because I can park and it's on my way to target :)

7. middlepP

middlepP Distinguished Member

I have yet to wear them, but they are in amazing shape for 2nds. They will be reserved for suits or formal situations. I'd rather have these than strands in brown or dark chili. A little more versatile in my opinion.

8. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior Member

[​IMG]

Spring calls for some Maritimes.

9. JLC2

JLC2 Senior Member

Do you get full closure on the lacing?

10. CMT1

CMT1 Senior Member

Kenwood Saturday!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So comfortable.

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend, as always!

11. M635Guy

M635Guy Distinguished Member

Yeah - I've got some natty cxl Aldens and I love them. I'm not sure if these will get there though. An "E" might have been a better choice for closure, but I got them on the site when they started the closeout. My other 5-last shoes were fine at 11.5D, but I think the cut with the captoe might be the difference. Later I tried 12D and 12E at the AE Outlet, and those were definitely not the right size.

12. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior Member

Got the boots packed away, and the boat shoes/Shreveports out. Hopefully arranged in such a way that she won't notice the Cavanaughs on the rack, when they arrive, or the Sea Island that is probably going to be right behind them.

Question--I use AE Leather Lotion on all my CXL. Is it better to brush after the lotion has soaked in, or brush it in wet?

13. smfdoc

smfdoc Distinguished Member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    For what it is worth, Nordstrom Rack has about 10 styles of AE shoes on clearance, with >50% reduction. Limited stuff and sizes. Maybe it will help someone. See them by clicking here.

14. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Distinguished Member

Just packed up my boots as well. Usually I just leave them on the rack, but my collection has grown the past 6 months, and I'll be moving in ~3 months, so might as well pack the boots away for storing/moving now since I don't forsee any wear in the coming months.

15. cc808314

cc808314 Senior Member

Very nice! Are these the tan saddle?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.