1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

You'd have to show us a photo of the bottom . . .

2. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

[​IMG]

3. M2511

M2511 Senior member

To me that appears to just be a replaced heal with AE standard sole.

4. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

I agree. The sole is just odd because it's double the thickness that my other Bradleys are (have to sell them b/c they are too small) and the same as someone else posted. I figured they must've been MTO with a double sole? Just curious.

5. M2511

M2511 Senior member

I would say thats probably the case. Looks like the sole on my McTavish pair (different color edging).

6. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

Every looked at Meermin Majorca?

They have an MTO for a snuff loafer https://www.meermin.es/grupoMTO.php?idGrupo=417#

[​IMG]

or a chocolate tassel https://www.meermin.es/articulo.php?idArt=4548
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Middlife

Middlife Senior member

8. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

I picked up one of their premium brand shoes while I was in Madrid last Sept and the craftsmanship is off the charts for what I paid ($280) for a hand welted model.

9. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Looks like a regular double sole to me.

10. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

@AndyMiddles Ever look at club Monaco south beach?

1 person likes this.
  11. FaRKle

FaRKle Senior member

I agree, the old brown looked really good. I think Dark Chili is the closest thing to them now, but that has more red.

Here's a pic of some brown calf Memphis shoes I have for sale (9D and only $50 shipped!).
    [​IMG]

12. Mat Waites

Mat Waites Senior member

Casual Friday Wilbert[​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  13. Soupy

Soupy Active Member

Had to skip Wednesday, so it's Walnut for me today on a "casual" Friday!

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  14. cc808314

cc808314 Senior member

I need to dial in on my size in Beckman, but I am set on buying it. I received the Concord Ave in 8.5D, but they are are kind of wide. The length seems ok, but it tough to say when it's wide. I wonder if I should try 8D and/or 9B in suede Cavanaugh, which is also on the 114. The Patriot in 9B is the right width but it's a little long.

15. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

I don't know why people hate on wearing dress shoes with jeans. I love my Strands with denim.

Happy Friday!

2 people like this.
  16. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Happy Friday, Gents! Faded denim and natty CXL Clark Street today.... Almost added the orange laces, but figured similar sock and shirt color was already pushing it.

As far as fit, these are same size as my 5-last (and 75% of my other AEs). Initially when I put them on, I worry they are too short. But this concern goes away as soon as I start to walk in them. Makes me wonder if they were not made of buttery soft CXL, if I'd be better off going up a 1/2 size and maybe down a width.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  17. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

I completely agree we need more shades of brown. That's why I ordered the bourbon Carlyle (arrives next monday). The Lasalle is interesting in that either there were more shades of brown before, or there is a lot of color variation. I few months back I saw a really nice, light brown Lasalle at nordstrom, but I'm pretty certain it was not the chili color. It was not bourbon either, even though I know they did offer it in bourbon. Also, you cannot even buy the dark brown Lasalle anymore. Anyway, my chili Lasalle is my new favorite split toe shoe, but the Ashton is a bit more comfortable on the sole.

I should also mention that I have found colors in stores not on the website. I was at Costa Mesa a week ago and they had 3 different brown color Ashtons in which one is not offered on the site. They had dark brown, dark chili, and chili.

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  18. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

I always feel that indirect sun offers the truest colors - and overcast skies usually make for the best pics.
    (The LWBs look great, btw!)

19. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Senior member

Quote: I agree. If the Bourbon shoes came out consistently like the product photos, I'd buy up every pair I could find on the Shoe Bank. For my tastes, their Brown is too dark and, while it is a nice color, the Chili is too reddish for some applications. The Walnut color is its own beast and is even coming from the factory a bit too orange-ish these days like my Madison Parks.

I do have the Bourbon polish and I think I'll just use on my Fifth Aves that and see how it goes.

20. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Thank you kind sir. It always surprises me just how comfortable they are too. Could easily wear them 18 hours straight

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.