Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Middlife

Middlife Senior member

Those damn Canadians and their beavers!

2. CMT1

CMT1 Senior member

Happy to help my man! Congrats and good luck with nailing the fitment. Did they have a brown shell Strand to see in person? Pics are one thing, but the robust chocolately richness of the real color is awesome in person.

You are going to love them. :D

3. barto78

barto78 Well-Known Member

No, sadly they did not have them in the store. The pictures i've seen online have been good, but nothing as stunning as the ones you posted, so i've been back and forth on whether or not to pull the trigger. The main reason i've been on the fence with them because i was sure how versatile they would be with my wardrobe, as i don't wear suits and usually wear Chinos/Button Down to work and Jeans w/ Polo or Button down on the weekends.

After seeing your photos i decided even if i only wear them once or twice a month, the investment is worth it.

4. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior member

Actually, I misspoke on this. The 10s were in a different store. It might be worth checking the site and making another call. Also a couple on ebay.

5. Dd1101

Dd1101 Senior member

6. CMT1

CMT1 Senior member

Thanks for the good press on the pics! I seem to spring clean my shell at this time every year, and figured this time I'd take some shots.

I felt the same way once I started upgrading my shoe closet, and would always pause to wonder just how much wear I'd get out of the balmorals, but in the end I started putting together outfits that worked with them. My current daily wardrobe is also much more on the casual side with a closet filled with rarely-worn suits, but I will upgrade the pants to allow for Strands. I'll also sometimes dress them down with lighter laces:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dress slacks, the right shirt/top and I'm good. I tell myself that, despite being a semi-brogue balmoral, it's less casual due to being shell and I can get away with the look. Whatever - [Insert rationalization du jour here]

I have also worn them with dark denim and a sportcoat to events where I didn't mind clowning it up a bit, and it wasn't even the most affronting outfit there. It hardly won me any classic style points, but I had a chuckle every time I looked in a mirror and it was one more occasion to wear the shoes. :cheers:

7. BL70

BL70 Senior member

Shoebank has them

Sorry just saw others had replied already! Good luck it's a great shoe

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016

8. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    Green Baton Rouge with standard orange laces.

[​IMG]

9. Praneeth22

Praneeth22 Member

Love my first pair of Allen Edmonds.

[​IMG]

10. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior member

Congratulations! Post pics in a month, when you're on your fourth or fifth pair, and also on the verge of bankruptcy and divorce.

11. Praneeth22

Praneeth22 Member

Ha ha. Thanks! Second on order for Wednesday pickup. :( I can see this coming.

12. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."

13. RichieP

RichieP Senior member

Neo, I think the cognac McT is quite literally like Forrest Gump's box o' chocolates- you never know what you're going to get. Mine looked nothing like the website pics nor are they as dark (nor reddish toned) as M635Guy's. I'd say they are most like my walnut Black Hills when I first got those. Two years later, my Black Hills are now darker than my new McT's, but I don't think either will naturally darken to be "super dark brown."

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

Mine dont really show their rolls either. I think its the placement of captoe and the brogueing that tends to "hide" the rolls

15. nqtri

nqtri Senior member

Just got off the phone with AE Customer Service, several things I can confirm now about the Brooks Brothers lines:

- Same leather quality, process as original AE lines
    - Can be recrafted with options to change to original AE leather or rubber sole for additional $10
    - The BB Captoes use the same 65 last as the Park Avenue. I still doubt this though because BB 8.5 D gives me a bit more width room than AE 8.5 D

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.