• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alden MTO Forum Group Buy

CTYGGG

Reaction score

I haven't been involved in the Epaulet MTO project. I think there's a separate thread for that.
Ha! You've become the point guy for all things regarding Alden MTOs, and from what I remember you're not in on any of the make-up orders. For your time & efforts I'm floating an idea…Epaulet gift card. Would anyone else be in on this idea as a sign of our appreciation to you for the Alden DC & Leffot make-ups?

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

[COLOR=000000]Looks like international buyers are out of luck with the MTO from Leffot.[/COLOR] How many such buyers do we have? - K
Thanks for the update. Can you confirm with Steven if Canada is on the list of approved countries that they can ship to? Epaulet's website indicates that they are allowed to ship the US and Canada. And member rennavate above who's in Canada was able to pre-order a pair of Day Trippers with Leffot last week. I believe I saw member banis on the list of subscribers for two MTO's and I believe he's in Russia. I don't know about anyone else.

ThomSquared

Reaction score

Day Tripper Pre-Order: This may turn into an 18 month event. Epaulet’s Ravello wing tip boot order was put through in Jan 2011 and they have been told it’ll be another 4-6 months due to scarcity of Ravello shell!!

I put in my pre-order on this last month (they had a couples slots left) and was told by Leffot that this was an order placed last year with a delivery date of early autumn of this year.

harrythedog

Reaction score
after waiting a while... received an email from kathy today regarding the mto whiskey indy's. the good news, some of them are in. the BAD, they weren't made to spec and they used speed hooks. after the wait, it is rather disappointing. at the time of ordering was hoping to move forward with no additional speed hook purchases! as they are paid for, i am on the fence

banis

Reaction score

Thanks for the update. Can you confirm with Steven if Canada is on the list of approved countries that they can ship to? Epaulet's website indicates that they are allowed to ship the US and Canada. And member rennavate above who's in Canada was able to pre-order a pair of Day Trippers with Leffot last week.
I believe I saw member banis on the list of subscribers for two MTO's and I believe he's in Russia. I don't know about anyone else.

Yes, I was subscribed to both models. And it seems that I'll be out for each of them.
Leffot won't ship abroad and DC received model with the speedhooks, which is really not exactly what I expected.
If anyone may be interested, I had 8.5D in the Ravello Captoe and 8E in the Whisky Indy.

Last edited:

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kathy just emailed about the Whiskey Indy, I guess the rest of the group get the email too?

For those who did not receive the email, here it is:

Quote:
I have received 12 pair of the Indy boot order. All of yours should be arriving in 2-3 weeks.

The only thing that was not done to your specifications was the request for all eyelets. All the boots
have four sets of hooks at the top.

If you choose not to take them I will certainly understand, but they really do look great! See below.

I will let you know as soon as they come in.

Regards,

Kathy Flynn

Alden of Washington DC
921 F ST NW
Washington DC 20004
202-347-2308

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I too was very disappointed that our MTO Whiskey Indy was not made to our specs. One would think that after 8 months of waiting...

Anyway, I passed on mine, so there is a 10D available if anyone wants it. Give Kathy a call...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads