• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

niix

Reaction score
I need some fitting advice, because I'm having some issues it seems. I recently ordered a pair of PS in size 30 that I was able to button up with not too much struggle. My issue was throughout the legs they were extremely tight, to the point where the seams were stretching out and showing the thread. So, I'm in the process of exchanging them for a size 30 in the NS, but when looking at the measurements, the thigh for the NS is showing .25 inches smaller than the thigh for the PS. Therefore creating a sizing issues with my legs again in a jean that is supposed to not be as tappered.

So I'm trying to figure out if the fit is just completely different and I won't have an issue, or if I should be looking to size up more and cause my waist to be a bit off.

I have pretty big legs from sports and an average sized waist, so I'm running into some issues.

Can someone lead me in the right direction?

Chie

Reaction score
fitted clothes mean they skim your skin, not hug your skin so tightly like it's gonna burst... if you have big legs, go for the Rescues... tight clothes only make you look fatter if you're fat, as well as make you look bonier if you are too skinny...

niix

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chie
fitted clothes mean they skim your skin, not hug your skin so tightly like it's gonna burst...

if you have big legs, go for the Rescues... tight clothes only make you look fatter if you're fat, as well as make you look bonier if you are too skinny...

I think the Rescues are going to be too big on me throughout the legs. I usually wear 510 or 511 Levis and Diesel Shoiners (size 32), which have a tighter fit through out the legs. I don't want them to be baggy, I just don't want them to be rediculously tight.

Abstraktmind

Reaction score
How the hell can I stretch out the thighs in these Rescues?! I had them for a month, wore them about 2-3 times a week, slept in them, worked out in them, everything stretched to comfortably except these thighs! I have "23 thighs, but APC's were suppose to expand alot! I'm real close to throwing these in FS, any help?

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Abstraktmind
How the hell can I stretch out the thighs in these Rescues?! I had them for a month, wore them about 2-3 times a week, slept in them, worked out in them, everything stretched to comfortably except these thighs! I have "23 thighs, but APC's were suppose to expand alot! I'm real close to throwing these in FS, any help?

just keep wearing them, mine took a month (maybe a bit more) of daily wear to loosen up fully in the thighs.

what size do you wear?

Pngwyn

Reaction score
Ahh I need your guys' help. I ordered some APC NS 30s and they're way too big!

I usually wear size 32s in levis, and 30s in Diesels.. I'm 5'10" and 155 lbs or so, should I get a size 29 or 28 NS instead?

I like somewhere between skinny/slim fit, but definitely not skin type or super skinny. Since NS are relaxed jeans should I just get a 28 and hope they stretch enough? I measured some of my jeans that fit me well and they fall around a 16.25-16.5" waist.

jamays00

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pngwyn

I usually wear size 32s in levis, and 30s in Diesels.. I'm 5'10" and 155 lbs or so, should I get a size 29 or 28 NS instead?

I like somewhere between skinny/slim fit, but definitely not skin type or super skinny. Since NS are relaxed jeans should I just get a 28 and hope they stretch enough? I measured some of my jeans that fit me well and they fall around a 16.25-16.5" waist.

I wear a 31 in levis 511, don't own a pair of diesel's but i tried on the Shioner 8AA which has some stretch to it, and i'd wear a 29 (great pair of jeans though, i might end up buying them) probably a 30 in non-stretch diesels.
I'm a 29 in APC PS. I'd recommend the PS for a good slim fit.

stinger70

Reaction score

I would definitley get a size 28 in NS. This is what i bought, and after no time at all they will measure at least 16" waist or more basically if they need to stretch further, they will. Mine measure 16" because that is how much they needed to stretch to fit me and how i wear them. Definitley dont go any bigger than a 28, because they are 30" to start with!

Pngwyn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stinger70
I would definitley get a size 28 in NS. This is what i bought, and after no time at all they will measure at least 16" waist or more basically if they need to stretch further, they will. Mine measure 16" because that is how much they needed to stretch to fit me and how i wear them. Definitley dont go any bigger than a 28, because they are 30" to start with!
I read a lot of measurements for the 28, and most are around 16" waist.. will they stretch to 16.5" or is that a bit much to hope for on a 28?

Chie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pngwyn
I read a lot of measurements for the 28, and most are around 16" waist.. will they stretch to 16.5" or is that a bit much to hope for on a 28?
my tagged size 25 now measure at least 15" at waist, and it's not even a month old... lol...

stinger70

Reaction score
If your body requires it, they will stretch. They dont just randomly stretch out to a certain size once you wear them, they gradually adapt to your shape and stop stretching when they fit perfect. As long as you can JUST ABOUT button them up when you get them they will stretch far enough.

Pngwyn

Reaction score
I realize they'll stretch.. but I'm worried they'll be skin tight if I size to 28. Will they really stretch enough to be somewhat relaxed if I get them and they're difficult to button up?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads