Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

PC is pretty thick, def not a summer denim

I wonder if there are raw + thin denims... the two seem to contradict each other. Would be nice

2. Roygbivuxg

Roygbivuxg Senior member

PC is not thin but it doesn't exactly keep you warm, either. Since the denim is so rigid and becomes even more so when its cold out, it tends to behave like sheet metal, i.e. cools down quickly and chills the skin upon contact. I never would have guessed that pants could do such a thing but it did and it sucked.

APCs =/= warmth in New England winters

3. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member Affiliate Vendor

APC is pretty thick, def not a summer denim

I wonder if there are raw + thin denims... the two seem to contradict each other. Would be nice

The APC Petit Standard Leger is 2% poly mix with 98% cotton. I own a pair, they are quite a bit thinner in comparison and are raw selvedge.

I actually prefer my raw indigo 100% cotton APC PS jeans, though the Leger's do feel nice and were quite a bit more expensive.

I'm selling the Leger's if anyone is interested. I wore them for a couple weeks, they have very slight fading on the wallet and honeycombs behind the knee, mostly still like new. Size 27.

4. Abstraktmind

Abstraktmind Senior member

APC is not thin but it doesn't exactly keep you warm, either. Since the denim is so rigid and becomes even more so when its cold out, it tends to behave like sheet metal, i.e. cools down quickly and chills the skin upon contact. I never would have guessed that pants could do such a thing but it did and it sucked.

APCs =/= warmth in New England winters

this is what I'm talkin about.

5. Vivid

Vivid Member

Well, I bought my first pair of raw jeans nearly 2 years ago. With near constant wear they are coming to the end of their life, a few holes have appeared. I am tempted just to buy another pair of NS without even looking into other brands. They fit perfectly and wore well.

I am fairly large but more of a bulky athletic build than overly fat, 6" 210. The NS, although only mild taper, had looked a bit more of a skinny fit on my frame.

If I were to look at some other brands, what would you suggest if I wanted to stay with a raw NS type cut?

6. Chie

Chie Well-Known Member

Well, I bought my first pair of raw jeans nearly 2 years ago. With near constant wear they are coming to the end of their life, a few holes have appeared. I am tempted just to buy another pair of NS without even looking into other brands. They fit perfectly and wore well.

I am fairly large but more of a bulky athletic build than overly fat, 6" 210. The NS, although only mild taper, had looked a bit more of a skinny fit on my frame.

If I were to look at some other brands, what would you suggest if I wanted to stay with a raw NS type cut?

I have both APC NS and Nudie SJ, they are almost the same except Nudie SJ aren't tapered. Maybe you should take a look.

7. dimsum

dimsum Member

Has anyone ever come across this red thing on the inside of the waistband? None of my other pairs had it.
    [​IMG]

8. Pngwyn

Pngwyn Well-Known Member

Hi guys, I just purchased APC NS size 30, and they're really big on me, thighs and waist. I'm trying to decide if I should go 28 or 29. My typical waist size for jeans is 16.25-16.75ish, just wondering if 28s will even stretch that large. I'm not sure how much size difference there is between each size since I'm new to APC.. any recommendations would be great [​IMG] The current 30s I have measure to a tad bit over 17" waist. I'm 5'9" 155 lbs. Also if anyone has a good condition APC NS in 28 or 29 let me know [​IMG]

9. max_r

max_r Senior member

^^ really, just read the thread... all those questions have been answered in the last 5 pages.

10. thinksyncopated

thinksyncopated Well-Known Member

Yes, I have read about 20 pages or so, but can't find this specific question.

I'm a 32x32 in levi's 511, which fits the way I like it. I'm 5'11 about 155 pounds, skinny calves.

I want slimmer pants, but nothing nuthugging.

I'm thinking either PS in 30, or NS in 29. Thoughts?

New Cures haven't gotten much discussion here, but they seem to be in between. Anyone have experience with those.

Thanks all

11. Max Biggavel

Max Biggavel Senior member

Yes, I have read about 20 pages or so, but can't find this specific question.

I'm a 32x32 in levi's 511, which fits the way I like it. I'm 5'11 about 155 pounds, skinny calves.

I want slimmer pants, but nothing nuthugging.

I'm thinking either PS in 30, or NS in 29. Thoughts?

New Cures haven't gotten much discussion here, but they seem to be in between. Anyone have experience with those.

Thanks all

have you tried a measuring tape and some ingenuity?

12. max_r

max_r Senior member

Yes, I have read about 20 pages or so, but can't find this specific question. I'm a 32x32 in levi's 511, which fits the way I like it. I'm 5'11 about 155 pounds, skinny calves. I want slimmer pants, but nothing nuthugging. I'm thinking either PS in 30, or NS in 29. Thoughts? New Cures haven't gotten much discussion here, but they seem to be in between. Anyone have experience with those. Thanks all
    i haven't tried on PS, but my new standards fit kinda similarly to sized-up 511's. the 511's have a more severe taper from the knee down though, and a slightly lower rise.

13. thinksyncopated

i haven't tried on PS, but my new standards fit kinda similarly to sized-up 511's. the 511's have a more severe taper from the knee down though, and a slightly lower rise.

How many sizes did you go down from your normal 511 size?

14. thinksyncopated

Thanks for the response! I don't think its a matter of sizing - i can figure out what I SHOULD order, but I'm just not sure about the stretching.

15. max_r

max_r Senior member

How many sizes did you go down from your normal 511 size?
    i dont really have a normal 511 size, because i dont wear 511's, but when i was trying them on in the store, it was the 32's that fit best in the thighs and waist, calfs were a bit tight, size 33 was good in the calfs, but had some extra room in the thigh and waist. I think the sizing can be kind of erratic on 511's though, because i also tried a pair of 31's in a different wash and it fit similarly in the waist/thigh. i wear a size 28 new standard. for reference, i have 22" thighs and measure 34" around my hips where I wear my jeans. i also think i might have kinda big calfs in comparison to the size of my thighs, because most fits of new standards I see that have a similar thigh fit to mine, are alot looser in the calf, where mine is slim in both calf and thigh.
    Thanks for the response! I don't think its a matter of sizing - i can figure out what I SHOULD order, but I'm just not sure about the stretching.
    thigh, you'll get like 1" maximum, calf wont stretch unless they're really tight there or something. waist you'll get 2" to 3", maybe more, but you can minimize waist stretch if you dont mind wearing a belt all the time.