• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

6th Annual Thrift Thread Gift Exchange Unveiling

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, this is hard.

I seem to like everything a little and nothing a whole lot. So send whatever, CM, SW, food, women, just not drink. I'm a liver transplant recipient so no booze for me (please). Though I have plenty of friends who drink, so don't worry if you do, they'll take care of it. Measurements of a sort are in my profile, I'm currently just a bit larger, but I'm losing weight, so I listed my projected sizes for the new year.

Some totally random ideas that probably won't help much...

An all black quality suit would be nice (in case of a funeral), but who wants to think of funerals at Christmas? This guy.

I used to be in the business of Magic the Gathering, so if you have any OLD cards, I'd give them a good home in my collection (help fill a few holes).

A plain old Levis denim jacket (Medium), doesn't have to be anything special. They seem to be about as rare as Brioni in my thrifts.

Slide Rules.

I do like me Borrelli shirts. Setting aside the quality, they're the brand that fits me best. 15 (EU38) The more plain the better. 15-32 Brooks Bros is also a good fit outside of traditional cut (and BB is plenty good enough for me).

Maiden. :slayer:

Pyrex Cornflower cookware.

***If all else fails, a donation to my favorite radio station, WFMU (www.wfmu.org), preferably attached to my favorite show, "Shut Up, Weirdo". Want to go the distance, include a note saying "This crazy person that goes by 'Just Ted' compelled me to give you money." Plus if you give enough they'll send you a T-shirt or some other swag.***

And one last thing, not to my giver but to everyone.

Give some thought to being an organ donor. I wouldn't be here if not for someone else's gift. One organ donor can save up to eight lives. The same donor can also save or improve the lives of up to 50 people by donating tissues and eyes. I get the concept is not for everyone and thats fine, I don't judge, just give it some thought.

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really pleased to be a part of it again this year!

To my secret thriftmas bro:

· Don’t worry about it – I’m pretty easy-going and just happy to take part J Last year I got loads of local jerky and a shirt from @ClosetEvolution and that was awesome.

· I’m not really in need of any classic menswear stuff unless you’ve found some business-casual trousers or something (approx. 30”w/29”l, must be regular fit due to large thighs!). Streetwear/workwear is more my thing at the moment.

· I’d love an autumn/winter coat (lightweight ideally, navy or other staple colour) if you find one, that I can wear to work. I’m approx. 36” chest, normally UK Small but depends on brand. I like minimalist type stuff. Actually, any outerwear would be cool for me but must be lightweight (I run hot).

· Love some jeans or casual trousers (30x29 ish, regular fit etc. (as above…). I’m basically living in 30x30 regular tapered Levi 508s at the moment and need to branch out!

· Would love thin jumpers/sweaters in autumnal colours in any style (shawl necks are cool, v or crew etc.)

· Could do with some beater trainers (prefer muted designs, prob all black or navy ideally) in UK 8. Got my eye on some all-black Vans hi-tops at the moment for example. Like most brands.

· Could do with staple tees in EU/UK Small. Long sleeved polos are also good. Like workwear/streetwear brands. No large logos.

· Thin hoodies or sweatshirts would be welcomed; again, well-fitting, no large logos or garish designs.

· Quality brown/tortoiseshell sunglasses would be awesome, but unexpected. I wear black Ray-Ban Wayfarers at the moment as my only pair.

· Other random likes: hoppy beer, coffee, jerky, Japanese culture, something fun for my kids (two girls aged 2.5, and 6 months).

· Things I don’t need at the moment: ties, squares, scarves, gloves, belts, casual button-up shirts, formal shirts, formal shoes (unless you wanna offload some shell 7.5, standard width ;) )

It was really hard writing all that out, haha. I’m easy to please so hopefully this doesn’t seem too presumptuous.

Last edited:

Versace Guy

Reaction score
Heeeeya! This is my first time participating in this gift exchange, not sure what to expect, but I will try my best!

I didn't even know there is this thread and just saw it or I won't have just sold some stuff on my recipient's wishlist to the Buffalo Exchange, DOH!!! I will try my hardest to find more.

And as for my wishlist for my secret Santa, usually anything I find in my size goes into my closet and I will find an outfit for it, with the exception of some things. So I know more about what I don't need than what I need.

- I am a 38R with 30 waist relatively slim average height young guy, 9.5 in shoe size.

- I am looking for warm winter tough weather jacket, like a puffer or a bomber jacket.

- I like modern designer, streetwear stuff, and conversely, I have very little need for classic menswear stuff, except maybe a flat front wool dress trouser, which I could never find in my size.

- Sneakers and bags are cool.

- Doesn't have to be Versace.

- Something linen in my size, because linen is another one of my unicorns.

- Don't really need jeans since I am doing the wearing the same jeans without washing for 2 years thing right now.

- Nothing in tan, brown, or striped since they don't do well with me.

- Everything else is up to you! Early thanks to my secret Santa!

Last edited:

bpk1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To whomever got me, please know that I will be happy with whatever you find - just glad to be taking part again this year! Sizes are in my profile - and if you don't have any luck finding stuff my size, I also sell on that other site too.

For reference, my typical work wardrobe is a mix of casual to formal (from wearing jeans/button downs, to a full suit and tie - depending on the client). Other than that, I do have a couple things I've been looking for which would be awesome:

- Selvedge denim in my size would be amazing (anytime I thrift some, it's been made for a much younger, smaller version of myself)
- Exotic leather anything (belt - prefer silver buckles generally, watch strap, wallet, whatever)
- White sneakers (like CP's in terms of style). I tend to run an 11.5-12 in sneakers, unlike dress shoes where I'm normally a 10.5-11 EE+
- Anything shell cordovan
- Leather gloves
- I've also got an affinity for anything Cucinelli, Isaia, Hermes, LV, and LP

Outside of clothing related pieces, I'm also into watches, cars (1930's hot rods to 1970 muscle car era, and modern supercars), and skeet/trap shooting.

All I would ask, is please no ties, already have 150+ in my personal collection, and don't have room for any more. Thanks in advance! Once again, please don't stress!

Last edited:

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want a hermes lamb skin bomber if anyone has one. Maybe a 3 piece Tom Ford suit.

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Purp...shipping overseas on that Hermes is a no go brother.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

snackbandit

Reaction score
Like many here, I'm just glad to participate again, so have fun with it and an advanced thank you!

Secret Santa, I'll appreciate anything you gift. I realize not everyone has access to the brand whorey stuff I like, so seriously, don't fret. If you need some guidance, here are a few things I'm into:

masculine jewelry (modern/vintage rings in size 5.5, 8.5, 9; 7-7.75'' bracelets; longer necklaces)
jodhpur and chelsea boots (10.5 US)
eyewear (larger lenses for my fat dome)
tom ford
belstaff
isolate whey protein powder
activewear (weightlifting; compression; athleisure stuff you can wear at the gym and happy hour)
craft gin
pinot noirs
books on strategy and competition
donation to the American Diabetes Association

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forget my previous posts.

Just find me a Barbour Beaufort in sage with brown corduroy collar in Medium /c40 with longer arms.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The person I have hasn't posted anything on here so I have no idea what size or things he is into. Someone's getting a tie...

Check their profile.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Size small
SW&D fan
Pants 30-32x30
Shoe size 8.5-9

I’m not picky tho I’ll take whatever lol

ReubenR

Reaction score
Sizes: Large-ish (or Slim XL/Generous M). Trousers 36-31/32, jackets ~44L, shirts 16.5/17-36, shoes ~10D

Fits: Generous/relaxed/traditional/bootylicious bottoms, "athletic" tops

Overall style: shetland, buttondown, khakis or jeans, boots or handsewns. #sobasic

Favorite brands: Brooks, Bean, Bill's, Barbour, ect

General clothing ideas: OCBDs, chinos, ect.

Specifics: Bills M1's, BBBF OCBD in BB4, patchwork ****, some good medium-brown canvas/duck trousers

Oddballs: tactical/portable/pocket flashlight, couple nifty shot glasses

Other ideas: Random goofy/kitschy tchotchkes from the thrift store, local goods/foods/specialties. Honestly, I'm happy with whatever.

Edit: also old horsey/equestrian/hunting/southern forestry/red hills/pine forest ****. If all else fails, I'd be thrilled with a pair of large Darn Tough socks.

Double edit: scratch the stethoscope, work's gross enough as-is.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics