• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

6th Annual Thrift Thread Gift Exchange Unveiling

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For my second Thriftmas (I skipped last year since I had just gotten a new job and was traveling a lot). Like most here, I have been doing this a while and have a huge wardrobe. I guess for me, some cool T-Shirts (I was a teenager in the 80's so rock bands from then). I like Cafe Racer style motorcycles (Triumph), my typical outfit is Wolverine 1000 milers, 1947 Levis, and either a American Apparel Tri-Blend T-Shirt or if I am traveling a BB non-iron slim fit shirt with slacks.

Don't knock yourself out for me, I would be happy with a sweat shirt, t-shirt, belt, or books (have Flusser and Roetzel) or any clothing really. Anyway below are my sizes:

Shirts XL Slim - 17 34/35
Jackets 44R or 46 Slim (46" chest - 25" sleeves - 19.5" shoulders)
Shoes 10.5 EEE
Pants 38 or 36 waist w/ 34" inseam
Pretty much an XLarge for sweatshirts or knitwear

Mannerheim

Reaction score
for my first thriftmas
-I dont have a huge wardrobe, so I would be very happy with both CM and SWD,
-I wear a european S or American XS for tops, 14/14.5 for shirts, 28 for jeans, 36 for tailoring
-Chambray, OCBD, flannels, grenadine and casual fabrics are perfection
-non-clothing is fine also, wether it's trinket, vintage poster, hand-made item, pen-knife, local food (hope french customs won't cause trouble), drawing, book or whatever has a meaning for you

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For my gifter...

I'm a 41-year old white male slacker who enjoys long walks in the woods or along the creek, and climbing vertical cliffs... Nothing makes me happier than standing around a campfire with good friends, something I haven't done in far too long.

I absolutely do not wear classic menswear. It's not that I can't, it's just that I have no reason to since I'm self employed and work in running shorts (only--you're most welcome for that visual!) most of the time.

That said, I do enjoy good denim (34x32), plaid flannel shirts (medium or slim large) and classic outdoors gear. Anyone that finds an old Svea 123 stove with all the parts could be my BFF!

Anyways, I really don't need clothing... Local beers (ales from pale to brown are my favorites), coffees, whiskeys, flavors of potato chips I've never had (seriously, I've had a lot of them...), Patagonia toddler boys' clothing from 6-18 months (little dude is almost five months old), donations to the Boulder Valley Humane Society (I'm trying to keep this apolitical! :paranoia: ), etc...

Last edited:

jumpman1231

Reaction score
Cant believe it’s already this time but excited to participate again! So for my person most of my info is in my profile. That being said I am good with most any clothes. I wear from a sport coat to suit 40-42reg and tie everyday. So anything that goes with those outfits works for me. Cuff shirts are always welcome for me. Also fine with more casual attire.

If by chance you come across I’ve been trying to find a few things to no avail.... somehow I’ve yet to find a good pair of blue and or navy blue slacks and I find so many pants I refuse to break down and buy some ha. 34/36-30
Also a gray or navy belt. Always enjoy cashmere sweaters also. Pretty open to most brands for that. Ok that’s about it hopefully that’s broad enough and thanks!

Oh yeah I also love Michael jordan and always love anything Jordan ha.

Last edited:

Mr G from SD

Reaction score
Thank you in advance for whoever is assigned to me.

Sizes are in my profile. I prefer classic menswear over street wear. Being a big guy, my size doesn't always come up, and I would be very happy with some accessories if you're not finding much.

Lately I've been leaning pretty trad/ivy. If it's something that looks like it was sold at a store like Ben Silver, J.Press, etc. chances are it's my style. (But don't get me wrong, I still love me some European stuff as well). Certain brands are not all too important. A lot of my favorite finds are from defunct menswear shops. Not very valuable, but great stuff regardless.

I like all kinds of ties. I have everything from trad Ben Silvers to shiny Charvets to whimsical Hermes in the collection.
I've also been wanting to add to my suspenders/braces collection.
Love scarves, sweaters, etc. despite living in San Diego :colgate:

Really not picky, so don't worry and have fun with it. Thank you again!

Last edited:

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Classic menswear will get a lot of use around here! Climate is very warm
so year around weight fabrics are best.

All kinds of ties.

Shirts 16.5 x 33-34 sleeve
Pants 36 x 30
Jackets in 42R with 24.5" sleeve to shoulder seam.

Athletic wear is great as well in Large.
Polo shirts in Large will get a lot of wear most seasons in the warm South.
T Shirt style or short sleeve shirts in Large.

Shoes usually a 9.5 normal width.

Thanks for participating everyone!

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this the signup thread as well? I'll edit my post once I get an answer. Thanks.

Edit: My office is business casual unless I have court/depositions 3/2 split, respectively. Live and work in NYC area. Focused on getting more business clothing.

/Jackets/Suits/Outerwear: 44/54
Shirts: 17/43 or 17.5/44, depending on maker (usually wear Isaia, Luigi Borrelli, Tom Ford, etc.)
Shoes: 8.5/9 US; 7.5/8UK
Chinos/wool pants: 36 unless something like Incotex (38). Inseam is 31/32, unfinished is fine
Denim: Wouldn't mind a pair of selvedge, as I currently only own Uniqlo selvedge. (35x32 slim stretch)

Last edited:

mrFurly

Reaction score
Right now im mainly focused on the type of clothing you put on to collect & get money...
...business wear.

Any accessories would be nice...pocket squares, ties, belts, scarves, whatever.

Honestly...this is for fun...so im not picky.

Measurements:
40R
15.5/75 - 34/35 Dress shirt
Size M/L Casual shirt
13 Shoe
Waist is like a 33 or 34 (I normally size up one because due to years of cycling and heavy squats)...Inseam 32/33

Im a commuter cyclist...so anything bike related is cool too.

On the casual side of things...im your typical selvedge, chippewa, pendleton bro (Americana).

Male fashion books...contemporary photography books...coffee/beer.

Shanejosephxxx

Reaction score
This is my first year and I’m really looking forward to participating! I’m pretty simple. I’ll update my profile with sizes and whatnot after I post this. I love classic menswear (prep/ivy) whatever you want to call it. I am obsessed with Seinfeld and Woody Allen movies. Getting deep into specialty coffee so local beans are always great as well. I really will love anything someone sends me. Just being a part of this is enough :)

ClosetEvolution

Reaction score
I’m very much not picky, so no pressure. If you enjoy the thought of sending me something, I’m sure I’ll enjoy receiving it.

That said, I will be relocating soon, so the interview season awaits. I could really use a quality suit in charcoal or navy. I could also use a quality white or blue (or any other interview worthy color) shirt to wear with said suit.

Really though, just have fun with it!

bert9000

Reaction score
This will be my first year doing the exchange and I'm excited to participate! I'm not picky; I just ask that my gift not be a shirt or a tie since I have many of those already!

I'm usually a 38 - 40 R.

Exact measurements:

(for jacket):
Shoulders: 17.5 - 18.25"
Chest pit to pit: around 20.75"
Sleeves: 25"
Regular length

Waist: 33-34" actual measurement
Thigh: 11.5"
Inseam: 31"

Thanks to whoever drew me!

chpartisan

Reaction score
I’m excited to be part of this great tradition for the first time! Looking forward to finding stuff for my recipient.

The following is meant to make things easier for my secret Santa. My hope is that you enjoy putting something together.

If you are in need of ideas here are a few things I’ve been looking for:
  • Solid coloured ties and knits. Pocket squares are a rarity around here.
  • Light construction/soft shoulders jacket. Plain navy suit.
  • Jeans, cords, chinos, wool pants...
  • Dress shirts, sweaters (due to winter, I go for wool. Cashmere is nice too)
  • Leather dress shoes and boots
  • Accessories (belts, socks, scarfs, gloves, …)
  • Shoe horn, shoe trees
Got something in mind that’s not on this list? Great!

If you are located outside Canada, just know that the import of alcohol and food is sadly prohibited. It’s also recommended to mark the package as a gift.

If you are in Canada, I also like eating and, occasionally, drinking :).

Measurements:
  • 38R/S (actual chest is 39”, shoulders 17.5-18”, length of jacket 28.5-29”)
  • 32/30 (actual waist is 33”)
  • extra-slim 15.5/34 (38 fits great on the body, not so much for the neck)
  • Small for sweaters
  • 10D for shoes

Last edited:

Fashionablemale

Reaction score
This is my second year doing the exchange and is a highlight of my Holiday season. I am really easy to please and I'll like anything.

Sizes:

Shirt: Large, 16/33 prefer button down with nice patterns

Pants: 36/30. Would like some nice denim. Don't really have much

Jackets: 44R usually works if not too slim.

Shoes: 9.5 or 10. Would love some Wolverine 100 mile, Redwing or other similar boots.

Interests: child of the 80s and 90s so any vintage t shirt or sweatshirt is awesome. Also live vintage shaving stuff. Big bourbon fan so any cool glassware is treasured. Love to read so fashion books would always be appreciated.

Again, no worries, I'll love whatever you can send.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To the poor sod who has this English moaner,

If there’s anything nice for Miss Purp; cashmere scarves, gloves, Barbour jackets in uk12 etc that’d please me more than my stuff.

But mark items as gifts in customs. British customs are dicks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads