• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2015-2016 Official Football / Soccer Thread

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Garcia's finalllly gone :plain: De Rossi's father to fill in until Spalletti arrives

Spalletti for sure? Maybe you could give Rafa a job?

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Entertaining but entirely too predictable. Everyone knew pool would come out and press, apparently everyone except wenger and the players. Sloppily giving away possession at the end. It was just a matter of time before the equalized. Props to Klopp for his strategy.

Giroud's goal was great. Excellent touch to set it up. it seems injuries spur more goals in him.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Real and Atletico are being punished for transfer irregularities re: youth players, same thing that happened to Barca. Next two transfer windows closed, Perez will lose his mind not being able to squad-recycle or cash in on Ronaldo until summer of 2017

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Real and Atletico are being punished for transfer irregularities re: youth players, same thing that happened to Barca. Next two transfer windows closed, Perez will lose his mind not being able to squad-recycle or cash in on Ronaldo until summer of 2017

Was dismayed at hearing this, but can't in any way defend Real if they are guilty of the same thing they pegged on Barca. I expect FloPe to stock up on peeps this winter now. Plus, the transfer ban doesn't explicitly prevent him from cutting players either.

TomOwen

Reaction score
Was dismayed at hearing this, but can't in any way defend Real if they are guilty of the same thing they pegged on Barca. I expect FloPe to stock up on peeps this winter now. Plus, the transfer ban doesn't explicitly prevent him from cutting players either.
They're going to appeal and maybe be able to do what Barcelona did and push the penalties to a later period and have summer available to buy players. Which would be their best play

drmmr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shahanshah's a gooner? I don't think I'll be buying you a cup of tea if we ever meet irl then.

Just watched Klopp's presser before the United - Liverpool match and I must say I really really like the guy and I wish he took over at United. United to get ripped a new one today.

Last edited:

Brian SD

Reaction score
Fuckin hell, football. Most entertaining game I've watched in years, that Norwich/Liverpool game.

Also never felt so exhausted without actually moving for 90 minutes.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dat Dele Alli strike though...

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
adidas "accidentally" sent Cech's new gloves to Chelsea's training grounds.....

Veremund

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

adidas "accidentally" sent Cech's new gloves to Chelsea's training grounds.....

Isn't that the football equivalent of yelling out your ex's name while in action with your current squeeze? Yikes!

Still, not as bad as yelling out 'mom!' though. :D

EDIT: not that I'd know, you understand!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics