• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kevinfinnerty

Reaction score
This is the reason why I considered ignoring new members on the forum whether it comes to sizing advice or selling an item that didn't work for me. The people who have been here since the beginning of this thread have sold stuff amongst each other for cost. There may be a few exceptions but look at the BST thread for proof.

I've bought 3 pairs of Goreckis, I sold one for cost as it was too large. I actually lost $5 because I thought it would fit in a smaller flatrate box but I didn't mind. The guy I sold it to is a long time member of the forum and they didn't work out for him either. He wore and washed it twice and still sold it for like $25 or $30 less than he paid. He could have sold it for cost if not more.

The other 2 Goreckis I'm on the fence about. I'd gladly sell both of them in a heartbeat for $450 each, but that's not who I am. I've worn one pair twice and washed it once and the other is BNWT.

For all of the members who have been here since the beginning of the brand, please sell to people who have been on styleforum for years over new members even if they didn't message you first. We don't want the hypebeast, sneakerheads, or people who buy just to resell in this thread. Styleforum is an online community, I feel members here selling items for a huge mark up defeats that sense of community.

It might not be fair but you confirmed my initial bias. I will not sell anything I buy that doesn't work out to members who joined in the last few years for cost. I didn't expect Antonio to ban the person from purchasing

Wait, how did I confirm your bias? Because I'm not a old head of the brand, then I don't deserve to be spoken to or sold to? And you did expect him to, or at least ask him to. You literally asked if he can banned from buying. So I'm confused by your statement.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with you choosing to sell to people on here for cost, at the end of the day that's your decision. I'm a new fan of the brand and have sold multiple things to people on here for cost, and bought a crapton of stuff from the brand sine April and kept. Asking for someone to be banned from continuing to support the brand by buying them in the first place is just very extreme. From what is said in the listing, this guy did not buy them to resell so why is anyone going after him?

Perhaps I did jump the gun when I posted that asking Antonio if he was aware of that. I just wanted him to know, I didn't expect him to spend the time looking up the tracking number or banning that person from ever buying from him again. I know he's busy.

The support of the brand has been discussed before so I won't hash that out too much again. There's a lot of people who want to buy stuff and support the brand who can't because things sell out instantly but it was stated why the brand can't grow too fast. At the end of the day it is what it is.

I've bought and sold quite a bit of stuff on these forums and everyone has been pretty good about selling things for cost. That's why I like styleforum.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait, how did I confirm your bias? Because I'm not a old head of the brand, then I don't deserve to be spoken to or sold to? And you did expect him to, or at least ask him to. You literally asked if he can banned from buying. So I'm confused by your statement.

That's why I mentioned it might be unfair. Lol. There's nothing wrong with what the resellers are doing but I don't like it. We don't know if any of them are on here.

But say something didn't work out for me and I want to sell it on here. Would you sell it at cost to someone else on here who you've chatted with before, is an active participant in this thread, and who has sold items that didn't work out for them at cost in the BST thread or a new member who you know nothing about (never sold anything in the BST thread)? I'm not saying all the new members in here are bad and I admit that it isn't necessarily fair.

There have been cases in other threads on SF (not 18 east) where people would buy stuff on here to flip for a profit.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@NickPollica did you see the undyed Goreckis on gr@iled that the dude is trying to sell for $450? He put his tracking number in the pictures so it should be easy to identify him. It would be much appreciated if you could ban him from buying.

These are from months ago and he's trying to sell them after wearing them a bit. I don't have a problem with that. It's totally different than buying things to immediately flip them on grailed for a profit.

briancly

Reaction score
Re: reselling, I think the problem that Antonio (and most other people, really) have a problem with are people who list it not even hours after successfully purchasing, before the team even gets a chance to prepare it for shipping. That's not cool at all.

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
D6DDB683-FAC7-47B0-BFF9-ED634B3FE2A3.png

take my money already

joeyod007

Reaction score
Selling on Grailed is a challenging mentally and emotionally. If you list something, the average offers you receive regardless of whether or not your listing is fairly priced will be 60-70 percent below your asking price, and generally will not include the high costs of shipping as a Canadian. If he lists his item for 450 USD, the average offer (which he is encouraging) will probably be in the 150-200s. I can't remember the original list price on the Goreckis as I have yet to purchase a single 18 East item, but I would doubt he sells them for close to his list price. I certainly wouldn't go that route, but I do empathize with selling on Grailed due to its consumer base, and the high fees associated with it.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grailed also functions kinda opposite from eBay and standard auction sites. You can do buy now for eBay, but a lot of the sales are bid from the bottom up. Grailed has you start at your top price and slowly come down until you find a buyer. You can also only bump your listing so many times without decreasing price, so that incentivizes starting at a higher price to effectively bump your item more times before you get below a value you'll settle for. It's the worst - I also much prefer selling on forums to someone I've seen/talked to before.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
agreed. for all 18E stuff, it's the BST thread. if something doesn't work out i'd much rather pass it along to someone here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads