• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Out of curiousity why do you prefer 5 pockets, because it looks more casual? I always prefer regular slanted pockets on all my pants casual or not (probably explain why I only own one jean), just found them more functional in general (put stuff in or just stick hands in when it’s a bit chilling when walking)

More casual look, yes, alternative color and texture to jeans

n2pua

Reaction score
Even if this only meant GMTO, if there was anyone I trust to find us a $1,000-1,700k tailored option, in a fit with fabrics we'd only find here ....... it's @gdl203 / NMWA

In a way, I find it strange I don't own a sportcoat by now with a label that says "No Man Walks Alone" or "by ______ made expressly for No Man Walks Alone"

I know it's not what you were asking for, but I wanted to add to the growing cheers in the audience.

X100 - would buy **** tons of this

malat

Reaction score
I believe Greg has previously commented as to why he hasn't done this -- the gist being the desire to highlight and introduce the makers to us. I appreciate this and have found myself retelling these brands' stories many times over the years. This focus, together with the impeccable customer service, is one of the few reasons I shop almost exclusively at NMWA. I am mindful that I speak only for myself, but I find the current price points a fantastic value across the spectrum.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you buy a lot of tailored garments these days? I ask because what we see on our side is a dramatically decreased demand for tailored goods. At least for the higher quality handmade in Italy stuff. Not sure if people simply wear less suits and sport coats - or if they switched to copies of Neapolitan tailoring made in China and India at lower costs (I come across some stuff on Instagram and SF threads sometimes that's pretty shocking), but the demand is clearly lower and declining

I certainly believe that demand is clearly lower and declining - especially for the high-end stuff. I also think that your observation is correct - there are more and more people turning towards the lower-end, made in China and/or India stuff, that look Neapolitan (i.e., SuSu, and S&M).

Personally, and I know that I am likely in the minority here, I wear a suit and tie at least five days a week. More if I need to wear one for a wedding, gala, etc. Even with my burgeoning collection of tailored garments, I am way, way, way under where I would like to be.

Now, I obviously speak only for myself, but as I continue to order one bespoke garment every year for myself, I still have a need for a significant amount of less expensive, but well-styled suits. I found that Eidos filled that niche very well - even though, at times, it is a bit pricier than what I would like to pay in a perfect world (again, I love Eidos, worth every penny in my opinion). Unfortunately, I have not found anything to fill that void. For me, Formosa is just a bit more than I would like to pay for something that I wear to the office 12 hours a day. Further, I am not extremely happy with my jacket fit with Formosa (except for the pants, swoon), and I find it hard to justify the cost if I am not 100% happy.

At the end of the day, I completely understand that NMWA cannot cater its business around me and Seb. However, judging from the activity in some of the SF affiliate made in China and/or India stuff (as well as Drakes Easy Day collection), it seems like there is still a market for tailoring - it is just at a lower price-point.

At the end of the day, NMWA will continue to take almost 100% of my RTW business, but I would like to see them take a crack at solving this conundrum.

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Calabrese Scarves - Love them. I always find myself adding another to the cart. Would love to see expanded offerings in dark green or beige. The ‘hunter’ print was particularly cool and I’m still bummed I missed out on the green one.

IM Alpaca/Silk Rollneck - Wonderful piece. Great fit and very comfortable. An expanded color range in forest green, chocolate brown, or donegal anything would be cool. If these will be available for pre-order, I’ll just grab them then.

S&C Shawl Cardigans - Easily my favorite pieces of knitwear. Again, donegal, chocolate brown, earth tones, etc. would be nice. If there’s a pre-order, I’m in.

Rota Moleskins (higher rise, sidetabs) - Always reaching for these on the weekends. Comfortable, warm, but also structured.

Inglese Flannel Fabrics - Would love to see more soft cotton/flannel swatches for casual wear.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a NMWA Eidos 50r.

What am I in this? 4?

I am a size EU50 in Eidos as well, and took a size 4 in the similarly sized GRP rollneck. Hopefully someone can weigh in on this specific piece.

baltimoron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love all the suggestions and by all means keep them coming.

But that was not what I asked lol. I asked what pieces you liked most (either got or want) this season

I like the suggestions for next season too btw :)

My document fleece mocknecks get worn most out of all my sweaters (and I've got the stats to prove it!). I want to give the buttero trainers a shot / really liked the side zips.

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Niche and Camoshita are probably my two favorite brands right now, and I picked up most of what I wanted this year.

Favorites from the fall would be the black Niche floral, the camoshita band shirts, and the camoshita easy pants. Earlier from the year, I love the Camoshita seersucker suit and the yellow niche floral. I also wear my NR rain jacket all the time, though I wish I sized up so I could wear it in the fall.

Looking forward, I have learned to generally just trust you guys with the buys since I don't have the capacity to imagine the things that inevitably end up being my "must-buys". That said though, the one regret I have is missing the brown suede Heschung Thuyas in my size, so I'm hoping for a restock of those!

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I believe Greg has previously commented as to why he hasn't done this -- the gist being the desire to highlight and introduce the makers to us. I appreciate this and have found myself retelling these brands' stories many times over the years.
I remember this comment, but I was never that swayed by it. I have a feeling this view may be evolving.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know this is a request, not a comment on this season: but I'd love to see yall get Bigi and Calebresi to add "1-2" to their tie lengths. I only have one Bigi tie and it ties a great knot, but every time I wear it I wish it were longer.

Last edited:

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even if this only meant GMTO, if there was anyone I trust to find us a $1,000-1,700k tailored option, in a fit with fabrics we'd only find here ....... it's @gdl203 / NMWA

In a way, I find it strange I don't own a sportcoat by now with a label that says "No Man Walks Alone" or "by ______ made expressly for No Man Walks Alone"

I know it's not what you were asking for, but I wanted to add to the growing cheers in the audience.

The NMWA Eidos cut is almost this.
Ciro is very similar but nobody stocks it (save Marcus, to a certain level).

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tailoring is a hard sale without reaching to new audience, suits+sportscoat I probably have 30+ which is already way too many, can’t imagine buying too many at this rate.

Can definitely see most people will go for the lower end if not worn often

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NMWA brand wouldn't be viable and risky especially when Greg is already bringing awesome brands we've never heard of. Furthermore a selection of pieces that generally fit our taste and buying habit with the exception of a few odd original designs that I dig but get discounted because people are too damn conservative. Seriously how many grey, navy, and black jackets do you guys need?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads