• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
re Merz: are you guys more into the short sleeve henleys, long sleeve henleys or crew and v neck tees ?
For their long sleeve stuff I like their sweatshirts, for short sleeves I'm in to it all except for the V-necks.

Winendine

Reaction score
I would like to see more v- neck sweaters offered, more variety in sock selection (fabric and colors), MTM G Inglese, more selection of denim and tshirts.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
Eidos Hunting Jacket has been mentioned many times, but I'd like to see them in more conventional colors (brown, navy, grey) and perhaps more units of the popular sizes for those colors.

One thing I don't understand regarding the Eidos Hunting jacket is that it appears to be a wildly popular style (at least in the more conventional color such as the brown boiled wool from NMWA), yet almost none of the online Eidos retailers seem to carry much or any versions of it. I mean, the NMWA brown boiled wool version seemingly sold out in a matter of hours.

hrv123

Reaction score
I would love a staple navy or charcoal eidos double breasted overcoat. Same styling as is available but not in casentino. Not a huge fan of the casentino. Plain navy wool ulster.

hanbei23

Reaction score
This is an interesting point. We love outerwear in fall/winter but I understand what you're saying. What categories do you guys feel that we're under-buying and should get more range/depth in?
Dainite soled Vass, preferably loafers
Inglese shirts in broader range of color/style.
Have you thought of introducing fragrances?
More exclusive fabric runs like the Formosa winter flannel.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re Inglese, we have had 44 different styles with them so far, and we'll have 6 new fabrics for spring 2016. That's a pretty wide range, no? It goes through cottons, linens, cotton/linen, cotton/wool, chambrays, denim, solid, stripes, checks... Every season, I'm on the lookout for good fabrics but I am very picky with shirting fabrics, so I would pick 6 or 7 out of 200 shown to me.

hanbei23

Reaction score
Re Inglese, we have had 44 different styles with them so far, and we'll have 6 new fabrics for spring 2016. That's a pretty wide range, no? It goes through cottons, linens, cotton/linen, cotton/wool, chambrays, denim, solid, stripes, checks... Every season, I'm on the lookout for good fabrics but I am very picky with shirting fabrics, so I would pick 6 or 7 out of 200 shown to me.
good point. agreed.

I just remembered the Inglese polos come out this spring as well.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Inis

90shilling

Reaction score
Eidos Hunting Jacket has been mentioned many times, but I'd like to see them in more conventional colors (brown, navy, grey) and perhaps more units of the popular sizes for those colors.

One thing I don't understand regarding the Eidos Hunting jacket is that it appears to be a wildly popular style (at least in the more conventional color such as the brown boiled wool from NMWA), yet almost none of the online Eidos retailers seem to carry much or any versions of it. I mean, the NMWA brown boiled wool version seemingly sold out in a matter of hours.

Agreed - and I have hardly seen any fit pics posted on this or the Eidos thread. Can anybody who managed to snag one post some photos?

iamtripp

Reaction score
I must be missing the mention of Norwegian Rain but add my vote to the spring offerings for that line, maybe including some of the brighter color options like the green and lighter blues. Particularly interested in the biker or double breasted silhouettes.

Loving my moscow jacket now that it has gotten cold enough to wear.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're getting a couple of spring styles from NR, although we're still focused on buttoned styles for the moment, and not so much on zippered and asymmetric styles.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads