1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Aug 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. jet

jet Senior member

i think the casentino is not supposed to be an overcoat which i was originally confused about and just on its own

sucks that it didn't work out, i love waist suppression in coats

2. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Well, with regard to my Casentino (and I getting the navy this week to test out which one I prefer), I have found that the sleeves are cut very close and that might preclude the wearing of a sportcoat underneath. Personally, I bought it more for use with knitwear, so this is a non-issue for me. But as someone with mildly muscular arms, it definitely is a tighter fit.

3. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I think you are right. It's a dope fabric though so I hope one of you skinny guys grabs this when it's back up.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  4. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

EMart - love the tie.

the coat looks great in the unbuttoned pic. i have a casual type SB coat (not casentino) and i pretty much always wear it open, so the fact that it fits tight when closed is a non issue for me. ymmv.

Also, plus one to jets love of suppression in coats.

5. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Trying to re-arrange some work travel to make the trunk show - regardless, I definitely would be interested in MTO Rota trousers. Hope I can make it in person though.

6. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

wow. Shame i'm going to miss this, especially the samples and special discount on the brands!

7. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

I agree with the above impressions of the Casentino coat. The sleeves are so slim that sizing up likely will not fit an odd jacket underneath. (I bought my usual size, 50.) The coat was simply not designed for that. It's best to think of it (the DB version anyways) as a rakish alternative to the peacoat.

The coat is beautiful and very warm. It fits well in the shoulders and the sleeves are the right length. It is a bit snug in the waist with a slim sweater. I'm going to have to test it with slightly thicker sweaters.

Shipping was fast and the packaging is first-rate.

8. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Ah I was hoping I could wear jacket underneath...

9. mezentius

mezentius Senior member

Well, this is wearing mine over my most padded SC. Upper body feels packed solid, and sleeves are a bit short, so I'm giving the size-up a go. Hopefully the shoulder still fits. Thoughts?

[​IMG]

Should the size up be a bit too big, I will still keep the smaller one and have the sleeves let out. Unfortunately, they haven't done the weathered treatment (which is imho not at all over the top) to the inside, thus making lengthening a bit more difficult, but the moment I opened the bag and held the coat I fell in love with it - I will find a way!

10. Wade

Wade Senior member

has anyone ordered the cashmere turtlenecks? Thoughts? I've been looking around for a black cashmere turtleneck but might go with the charcoal one since NMWA don't have a black one

11. Asian Afro

Asian Afro Senior member

I ordered the brown turtleneck last week but it has yet to reach me.

12. in stitches

mezentius, aside from the short sleeves, i think that looks great.

13. mezentius

mezentius Senior member

Yeah, I do love the look of it too, but I'm not sure if "packed solid" is how I should feel when wearing a coat. It isn't constrictively uncomfortable, in fact I may appreciate the snugness once in the cold, but it definitely is a bit difficult to put on, and is a bit restrictive on my movements. Of course, I have no prior experience with coats (having mainly lived in Australia, where I would get maybe one week's use a year out of such piece), so that might be what outerwear is supposed to be like?

(And, of course, if the larger one fits better over my SCs it might save me a bit of trouble with weathering the sleeves)

1 person likes this.
  14. chogall

chogall Senior member

:eek:

NYC's got all the good stuff...

15. in stitches

mezentius, i think its really just a matter of personal comfort and taking into account how often you will be actually wearing it over a SC as opposed to just over a shirt or a shirt and thin v-neck sweater.

1 person likes this.
  16. DLJr

DLJr Senior member

Mezentius-that's pretty much how I feel in the LBM polo. I feel a bit packed (slleves and armholes) with a jacket or suit. However, I don't particularly mind as my time in both is relatively short, plus it fits great with more casual rigs. If you are spending a lot of time in it with a jacket on, you may feel differently.

17. in stitches

another inis shot. minimal inis vis, but it fits wonderfully under a pea coat.

sorry for crappy nighttime pic.

[​IMG]

18. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

19. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

That's actually kind of a cool pick. Sharp looking coat. My DB Mackintosh has led me to really understand the warmth value of having a tall collar standing up (be it a sweater or on the coat itself).

20. DLJr

DLJr Senior member

Planning to attend
    1. gdl203
    2. DLJr

Please bring:
    1. Cantarelli navy blazer
    2. Big Johns Slim & Regular Size 32 and Pitch Perfect