• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

Is sf10 supposed to work on sale stuff or is that not sale?

Eh, good point. I bought something off my wish list; now that I think of it, I'm not sure it was included in the sale . . . sorry if I confused anyone.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maybe SF could add a soothing looped musical track to threads: "discount codes do not stack la la... discounted merchandise is final sale tra la..."

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jeans, khakis, even shorts. I don't know that I have a lot of pics, mostly on vacation time. I go for a Harajuku Sonny Crocket vibe with it. Rolled sleeves, etc...

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jeans, khakis, even shorts. I don't know that I have a lot of pics, mostly on vacation time. I go for a Harajuku Sonny Crocket vibe with it. Rolled sleeves, etc...
In the day, I used to wear so many Miami Vice style unconstructed jackets(I wish I kept them) that I'm digging the vibe. If I showed up at a party now wearing the "tux" and shorts I just could not predict the pandemonium that would ensue. But I'd probably kill it on nerve alone.....If you come across any pics that's be a hoot...Thx!

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a separate note, on Monday starts the seasonal marathon month or running from NYC to Florence to NYC to Paris (maybe Betlin too this time) to find the best stuff for next winter.

I'm very interested to hear from you guys what you want to see more of, what were great finds in FW14, what you weren't so much into. Some makeup ideas you'd like to see with our most flexible makers, etc...

Suggestion box —> open

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
longer IM knits lol

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just keep doing what you do...it's all amazing. Just don't mess with sizing!

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, another long time lurker here. I'd bought some Drake's Squares from NMWA previously but just made my first clothing purchase! Oddly, I made my order before the sale started with a pair of regular straight Big Johns. They're awesome! Now that the sale's started, I'm going to grab a pair of Butteros.

Unfortunately I don't know my size in most things (I reallllyyyyy want some of those Rota trousers) so I may have to hold off until the sale's over. My wallet can rest easy...for now.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Outwear and knits were amazing the season. Between mountain parka, Eidos field coat, Valstar, IM, SS etc there were so many great pieces.

I would say one of the bigger surprises for me was Portugese Flannel. These shirts are incredible well made, use high quality fabrics and at a great price. I think that casual shirting is one area that could be further developed. If you look at pieces like Universal Works, Engineered Garments, etc I do think there are some high quality casual shirts available and would love to see a bit more. The Inglese are incredible but for me too long to be worn untucked or casual so I really thought Port Flannel filled a nice gap. I would like to see flannels and the likes developed even a bit further. I'd also request a few lighter weight turtlenecks but that is more of a personal need than anything else.

You guys rock!!

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ thanks. Agree with all that.

longer IM knits lol

If this is a sentiment that is widely shared by others, we will happily work with IM to see if they can make our sweaters a little longer.
^Cappelli

Nice ties but wouldnt really work with his very active direct sales model.

Sotiris

Reaction score
Outerwear was just a sick buy this year all around - and so deep. I mean I went nutso with coats this season and there are/were still at least 3-5 more I really like.

It's too late for SS15 I think but hoping the Eidos linen field jacket buy was deep or an early MTO for that will be an option.

Bring back the grey IM Aran roll neck.

I'm too tired for better feedback and ideas right now but will revisit. Just keep on keeping on.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know this clogs up inventory but offering sportcoats/suiting in short sizes would be extremely helpful. Its the only reason I cant buy from you.

Would love to see more sneaker choices especially high tops.

Ties/pocket squares were ******* fantastic.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A couple of casual suede Vass would be awesome...wingtip boot, Norwegers, shortwing bluchers, etc.

A chocolate suede wingtip boot on the F last would be souuuper...I'd put down a deposit.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads