• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Phinis

Reaction score
I realize I'm a little late to this party, but I wanted to add my 2 cents.
Overall, I think you guys always pick the best stuff out of the collections. There's many times I check out other items designers have available and I rarely find anything interesting outside of your picks.
I appreciate almost everything from Japanese designers and I liked the assortment you had available. My interest here is a combination of the Japanese aesthetic and the fit. As a guy on the slim end of the spectrum, the Japanese stuff just tends to fit better and it's nice to have that.
I really liked all of the Ikiji stuff, I cant wait to see what you have available for future seasons.
Document was another favorite of mine this season, the Belted Jacket in Green Italian Whipcord I picked up is amazing. I think it's probably my favorite pick of the season. I think your Document collection was a good example of you picking out all of the absolutely best pieces they had available.
The GRP knits were great, the mock neck in Ecru alpaca mix was extra special. I've been searching for a while for a sweater like that. It would be great in other colors.
LEJ is really cool, I really appreciate the fabrics and style. The cost is high and Im sure a barrier to some (myself included) but I just keep coming back to Luke's pieces. They really grab my attention.
Informale had some really great pieces and I really like the line they toe with the casual formal. I've definitely got my eye on them as a designer. I'm a big fan of the Jungle Jacket, I'm really surprised there's so many sizes still in stock. I slept on the pants in my size and regret it, the fatigues and wool pants both looked really nice.
Doppia had alot of pieces that interested me. I will forever regret sleeping on the Aagro Polo in that tobacco color. The Aauro Patch Pocket Jackets and Aaresant Double Breasted suit were stand outs for me, the fabrics were unique and really interesting.
Inis Meain is a classic and I like their stuff but I wasn't terribly excited about this season. Nothing really caught my eye. I wish they would make their Corran Cam style in a crew neck, I think that would be a unique piece. Especially if it was offered in their Louth color, which I think is their best.
Rota is a mainstay, all of their trousers are great and you guys offer a great selection.
The William Lockie cardigans looked really nice and I hope to pick one up when my budget allows but I was surprised that a Camel color was not offered.
Yarmouth Oilskins jackets looked cool but I live in Southern California so they just dont really make sense for me. This is unfortunately true for alot of the heavy outwear you offer and it makes me sad because some of it is just beautiful (Balmacaans, KS Traveller, etc).

I really liked the idea of your 10th Anniversary Capsule even though few of the pieces spoke to me. I think it's really cool to have special exclusive pieces to NMWA.

Overall I think this season had alot of good stuff. I look forward to what the new seasons will bring!
FYI, Beams did an Inis Meain crewneck Corran Cam a year or two ago, only place I've seen it, but it's something they can clearly run.

1706110605470.png

kevenmee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Narrow window for Kaptain Sunshine FW24 pre-orders for those interested in locking in your size and preferred color for next year's Traveler and Walker coats

Use PREORDER15 for 15% pre-order discount, as always.
Need those pre-orders in a week latest (1/30)

View attachment 2117215 View attachment 2117217 View attachment 2117219 View attachment 2117221 View attachment 2117223 View attachment 2117225

No funky colors this year?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PXL_20240121_091515737.jpg

PXL_20240121_091600149.jpg

#dadcore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_4978.jpeg
IMG_4977.jpeg

Anybody with experience that could highlight differences between GRP vs Beams knit polos? Colors looks quite similar, so wondering if there are any notable aspects of sizing, weight, texture, etc to distinguish between the two

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The GRP one is finer gauge, more shirt than sweater - the Beams more sweater than shirt

ollinnr

Reaction score
Looking for a thin-ish rollneck/turtleneck to layer under flannels, sweaters, and other casualwear, but so many options between Blue Blue Japan, Fujito, Ikiji, and ts(s)! Anybody have a favorite?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the no-fuss maintenance of the ts(s) ones, personally.

The Quiet Owl

Reaction score
Looking for a thin-ish rollneck/turtleneck to layer under flannels, sweaters, and other casualwear, but so many options between Blue Blue Japan, Fujito, Ikiji, and ts(s)! Anybody have a favorite?
Seconding the ts(s). I have an Ikiji and a ts(s). I don’t have any Blue Japan or Fujito turts. Both Ikiji and a ts(s) are excellent, you can’t go wrong with either. Maybe the Ikiji would more easily slip under a sport, so I guess if for casualwear I’d go for ts(s). I wear it for instance under a Beams flannel; but also it looks great on its own with Italian cords, & under a Jamieson Shetland.

botzzz

Reaction score
Any pics from owners of the KS walker in the wild? Looks like a cool coat but also pretty subtle, inspiration/peer pressure would be helpful in terms of making a pre order!

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI, Beams did an Inis Meain crewneck Corran Cam a year or two ago, only place I've seen it, but it's something they can clearly run.

View attachment 2117823
I made a mockneck version of this in an off white color back when NMWA was doing MTOs. It’s great especially if the thick rollneck is too much.

AW84

Reaction score
Narrow window for Kaptain Sunshine FW24 pre-orders for those interested in locking in your size and preferred color for next year's Traveler and Walker coats

Use PREORDER15 for 15% pre-order discount, as always.
Need those pre-orders in a week latest (1/30)

View attachment 2117215 View attachment 2117217 View attachment 2117219 View attachment 2117221 View attachment 2117223 View attachment 2117225
I wish they’d make more US sizes. I love to see a 46

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads