• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

LatAm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy 10 year Anniversary! For all the NMWA fans out there, especially those who enjoy their Japanese makers, wanted to leave this post for future generations.

I recently had the opportunity to visit Japan for a week, and although timing was limited I wanted to check out as many of the brands and stores that I have been enjoying for some time now through NMWA.

Let's start with a packing pic. I tried to pack light since the hotels I was staying in all provided loungewear and I knew I would be brining lots of things home with me. Since I was going to Japan, I thought, why not pack only Japanese clothing?

View attachment 2050125

Outerwear - Fujito Jungle Jacket, Camoshita Seersucker Jacket (packed my new Vanda simply shiok sushi pocket square thanks @gshen !)
Trousers - Sage De Cret Easy Pants, Blue Blue Japan Sashiko Easy Pants, Document Japanese Denim Jeans
Button Down - Camoshita Blouson, Ikiji Short Sleeve Shirt Navy Wool / Cotton pique
T-Shirt - Ikiji Paper Tees (Navy, White, Black), Blurhms Short Sleeve thermal
Honorable mention to the Blue Blue Japan large handkerchief which I used as some flair / improvised face mask

First stop was my favorite brand, Ikiji, located in Sumida not too far from Ginza.
I'm a Japanese 4 / 5, so selections to purchase were limited, but they did have most of the new season on the rack to touch and feel.

I learned that Ikiji only stocks size 5 outside of Japan (THANK YOU NMWA - KEEP STOCKING SIZE 5 PLEASE)

View attachment 2050169

Came away with these cool safety pins, which they sometimes have on their heavy outwear.

View attachment 2050145

A couple days later I visited Kuon, which is off the beaten path in Omotesando hills. Really cool adventure finding this place.

View attachment 2050179

View attachment 2050149

Really cool small shop. Lots to feel and touch, including their awesome boro jackets. Nothing in my size here again, but I did come away with some really cool bags that featured their intricate stitching techniques.

View attachment 2050139

The next day I stopped at Blue Blue Japan in Daikanyama. This store was two floors, feature multiple of their brands and included lots of other non-clothing treasures.

View attachment 2050173
View attachment 2050171
View attachment 2050135

I finally found something that fits! Grabbed this long sleeve ribbed tee shirt and this piece of boro fabric that I'm going to frame and put up on a wall.

View attachment 2050143
View attachment 2050137

From there we went on a short walk to ts(s). Note this store is only open on Friday / Saturday.

View attachment 2050175

Really cool stuff on the rack here. They had a sample of the entire season in the back.

View attachment 2050159

This orange velour quilted jacket was nuts. So much swag wearing this one.

View attachment 2050155

This long coat from ts(s) was a size 2 (!) but fit me spot on. This was a sample sadly and unavailable for purchase. Surprisingly I found I could easily wear size 2 / 3 in their outerwear. Struck out here, but my travel companion found a wonderful jacket on the women's side (toujours)

We bopped around a bit to hit Real McCoys and Beams, which also carried Kaptain Sunshine. Limited selection here, and again, shout out to NMWA for getting the larger size 42 available for us big boys back stateside.

The next day my luck really turned. I saw on Instagram that Fujito was having a pop up store a 10 minute walk from where I was staying, so I decided to check it out. Guess who was there? Go Fujito himself !!

View attachment 2050153

Fujito san was as shocked to see me in his jungle jacket as I was to run into him. What a joy it was to meet with him and talk with him about clothes and life in Japan. I came away with not only some local food recommendations, but they also brought a special edition long sleeve knit shirt in black for the pop up event.

Not only did he have it in my size, but he autographed my tag as well!

View attachment 2050141

On my last day, I was fortunate enough to meet the one and only Kyle @conceptual 4est for an awesome lunch to recap the trip. What a way to end the clothing pilgrimage! YOURE THE MAN KYLE SENDING YOU LOTS OF LOVE FROM AMERICA!

View attachment 2050151

Thanks so much for making the effort to share all this detail, really enjoyed reading your post. Japan is on the bucket list and hope to be able to take advantage of your tips some day!

XXghostfaceXX

Reaction score
Epic post - did Go have his Lancia Delta Integrale parked outside the pop-up?
I did not see this outside but wish I did!

Thanks so much for making the effort to share all this detail, really enjoyed reading your post. Japan is on the bucket list and hope to be able to take advantage of your tips some day!
Much of the credit to Kyle who encouraged me to post about the trip.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
It's been such a treat to read through everyone's favorite and most worn pieces from the store - it unboxed ( :rimshot: )a whole slew of memories - not just of the garments themselves but the boxing and shipping them, the buying trips behind them, the pop-ups where people tried them on or pre-ordered or MTO'd, or even the in-person archive sales where I didn't necessarily have time to chat but appreciated seeing all of the friendly faces anyway.

We've said it countless times but everything in the store we picked out for a reason and was something we liked and believed in, so reading through this was essentially a rush of good feelings hearing that something from far back is someone's favorite or that they went out of their way to track one down after the fact.

I share some favorites with other posters in the chat - the Grizzly is up there for me, but I can't talk about favorites without mentioning my orange Traveller coat and my photographer jacket - probably some of the most-worn clothes of my life despite their seasonal limitations. Actually that feels wrong to say - my Camoshita easy pants are unquestionably my most-worn garment ever.

Honorable mentions to my Moscow which was the perfect coat for the worst the Northeast offered, GRP turtlenecks and ts(s) and IKIJI wool jersey turtlenecks for their versatility and low maintenance, IM linen sweaters, and Thuyas. A final honorable mention to my Niche chore coat from I think that first spring - I used it as my Literal Shop Coat and it saved countless knits and other clothes from the ceaseless damage of a stockroom of clothing racks and cardboard boxes.

Lastly, special honors to my OG workhorse Formosa bespoke suit in Holland & Sherry grey sharkskin wool (thank you for this so early on, Greg!). That first bespoke experience was really special, and it's cool to know I've been wearing this for close to a decade now. With that said I'll be busting it out tomorrow for a class presentation thing and on Sunday for a family event. It's a trooper.

Happy 10 year Anniversary! For all the NMWA fans out there, especially those who enjoy their Japanese makers, wanted to leave this post for future generations.

I recently had the opportunity to visit Japan for a week, and although timing was limited I wanted to check out as many of the brands and stores that I have been enjoying for some time now through NMWA.

Let's start with a packing pic. I tried to pack light since the hotels I was staying in all provided loungewear and I knew I would be brining lots of things home with me. Since I was going to Japan, I thought, why not pack only Japanese clothing?

View attachment 2050125

Outerwear - Fujito Jungle Jacket, Camoshita Seersucker Jacket (packed my new Vanda simply shiok sushi pocket square thanks @gshen !)
Trousers - Sage De Cret Easy Pants, Blue Blue Japan Sashiko Easy Pants, Document Japanese Denim Jeans
Button Down - Camoshita Blouson, Ikiji Short Sleeve Shirt Navy Wool / Cotton pique
T-Shirt - Ikiji Paper Tees (Navy, White, Black), Blurhms Short Sleeve thermal
Honorable mention to the Blue Blue Japan large handkerchief which I used as some flair / improvised face mask

First stop was my favorite brand, Ikiji, located in Sumida not too far from Ginza.
I'm a Japanese 4 / 5, so selections to purchase were limited, but they did have most of the new season on the rack to touch and feel.

I learned that Ikiji only stocks size 5 outside of Japan (THANK YOU NMWA - KEEP STOCKING SIZE 5 PLEASE)

View attachment 2050169

Came away with these cool safety pins, which they sometimes have on their heavy outwear.

View attachment 2050145

A couple days later I visited Kuon, which is off the beaten path in Omotesando hills. Really cool adventure finding this place.

View attachment 2050179

View attachment 2050149

Really cool small shop. Lots to feel and touch, including their awesome boro jackets. Nothing in my size here again, but I did come away with some really cool bags that featured their intricate stitching techniques.

View attachment 2050139

The next day I stopped at Blue Blue Japan in Daikanyama. This store was two floors, feature multiple of their brands and included lots of other non-clothing treasures.

View attachment 2050173
View attachment 2050171
View attachment 2050135

I finally found something that fits! Grabbed this long sleeve ribbed tee shirt and this piece of boro fabric that I'm going to frame and put up on a wall.

View attachment 2050143
View attachment 2050137

From there we went on a short walk to ts(s). Note this store is only open on Friday / Saturday.

View attachment 2050175

Really cool stuff on the rack here. They had a sample of the entire season in the back.

View attachment 2050159

This orange velour quilted jacket was nuts. So much swag wearing this one.

View attachment 2050155

This long coat from ts(s) was a size 2 (!) but fit me spot on. This was a sample sadly and unavailable for purchase. Surprisingly I found I could easily wear size 2 / 3 in their outerwear. Struck out here, but my travel companion found a wonderful jacket on the women's side (toujours)

We bopped around a bit to hit Real McCoys and Beams, which also carried Kaptain Sunshine. Limited selection here, and again, shout out to NMWA for getting the larger size 42 available for us big boys back stateside.

The next day my luck really turned. I saw on Instagram that Fujito was having a pop up store a 10 minute walk from where I was staying, so I decided to check it out. Guess who was there? Go Fujito himself !!

View attachment 2050153

Fujito san was as shocked to see me in his jungle jacket as I was to run into him. What a joy it was to meet with him and talk with him about clothes and life in Japan. I came away with not only some local food recommendations, but they also brought a special edition long sleeve knit shirt in black for the pop up event.

Not only did he have it in my size, but he autographed my tag as well!

View attachment 2050141

On my last day, I was fortunate enough to meet the one and only Kyle @conceptual 4est for an awesome lunch to recap the trip. What a way to end the clothing pilgrimage! YOURE THE MAN KYLE SENDING YOU LOTS OF LOVE FROM AMERICA!

View attachment 2050151

I'm so glad you took the time to make this post! It was great to meet you and geek out about this stuff with someone else that gets it, which has always been something I appreciated the most about this store, this thread, this forum.

Last edited:

45bur

Reaction score
First time doing the knit-tuck. Don’t hate it! Old DBF jacket and IM knit, monitaly belt

IMG_2402.jpeg

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've bought a lot from NMWA over the years; looking at my account, it appears my first purchase back on October 14, 2013(!) was an Inis Meain pub jacket and a Drake's grenadine tie.

I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite from all the items I've gotten from NMWA but prior to yesterday I might say it's my brown Clint or maybe the Kuon MA-1 style bomber jacket or really any Wythe oxford cloth shirt. Yesterday though I received a box with the 10th Anniversary SDC parka and tobacco brown Doppiaa polo sweater and while the parka lives up to the hype, the sweater is phenomenal!

New favorite NMWA purchase?

Doppiaa_Italy_Aagro_skipper_style_polo_sweater_in_tobacco_brown_wool_6_300x300.jpg

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy anniversary to you too then !! :)

Thanks to all of you guys, not only for the financial support, but also for the moral support and for always acting as a great sounding board, source of inspiration and for your continuous feedback that help us, year after year, to finally figure out what the h we're doing here 🤣

zranger102797

Reaction score
I've bought a lot from NMWA over the years; looking at my account, it appears my first purchase back on October 14, 2013(!) was an Inis Meain pub jacket and a Drake's grenadine tie.

I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite from all the items I've gotten from NMWA but prior to yesterday I might say it's my brown Clint or maybe the Kuon MA-1 style bomber jacket or really any Wythe oxford cloth shirt. Yesterday though I received a box with the 10th Anniversary SDC parka and tobacco brown Doppiaa polo sweater and while the parka lives up to the hype, the sweater is phenomenal!

New favorite NMWA purchase?

Doppiaa_Italy_Aagro_skipper_style_polo_sweater_in_tobacco_brown_wool_6_300x300.jpg
I had every intention of grabbing this and was just too slow. Glad to hear you’re enjoying it so much!

CPAJay1221

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh no! I almost did the same. I wasn’t logged in on the app prior and logged in around 1:30. It showed up on my browser sooner than on the app though. Usually I’m ordering through the app.

Edit- it’s actually still not showing on my app
I didn't see anything new earlier and then realized I wasn't signed into my account after you posted this😢

Relovar

Reaction score
Oh no! I almost did the same. I wasn’t logged in on the app prior and logged in around 1:30. It showed up on my browser sooner than on the app though. Usually I’m ordering through the app.

Edit- it’s actually still not showing on my app
If you go to “New Arrivals” and sort by “New to Old” in the app, the new items show up. Looks like they didn’t populate at the top of the New Arrivals section this time.

Relatedly, are these Rotas actually already sold out or is the product just not fully on the site yet?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads